If you bought from rooter, read this thread

evilomar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I'm not really sure if I am putting this thread in the right forum or not, but if someone wants to move it, please feel free.

On January 4th I bought and Paypaled two dvd box sets from a user on this forum, who has been here since 2003 and has a (32)100% rating. I still haven't received my order. The only PM I got from him was on January 10th just saying that they had shipped and that was only after I contacted him and asked him for the Delivery Confirmation number. I've tried contacting him three times on PMs and twice via email since then and haven't received a reply. I also received a PM from another user telling me this guy ripped him off at dvdtalk and they had banned him from there. I went ahead and talked to a mod on this site and the guy has been banned and the topic was closed. I really don't care about getting the DVDs now, since they were a gift, but I would like my money back. Besides opening a dispute with Paypal any of you have any suggestions on what I should do? (besides driving to his house and kicking his teeth in)?

Thanks in advance

Rooter has been banned from here after complaints have been received. He has already been banned from DVDTalk for problems over there.

If you have an open trade with him and have not received your items, go file a claim with Paypal or Google Checkout to get your money back since it seems you won't be getting your items.

i've bought from that guy too, but it took over a month of bothering him to receive the item i bought. he's legit, but don't hold your breath waiting for the item.

I never got why he was allowed to continue trading here- he tried to screw me and another CAG earlier last year (like March I think) and all he got as a trading time out.

I bought what was supposed to be a complete copy of Growlanser Generations Deluxe. I pay him via Google Checkout. When I receive it, it was not complete (missing soundtrack).

He oks for me to return it. I return it and wait a while and never got my refund. I emailed Google Checkout help and contact Shrike about it. GCO help contacted him for me and he then emailed me saying he'd refund the money the next day.

A few days go by and no refund. I email GCO support again and they force a refund to my account after 5 days.

He was put on trading time out by Shrike. Shrike also told me another CAG was having trouble with rooter. I suggested to Shrike that I thought he should be banned but rooter never was and I didn't wanna step beyond my boundaries. He was put on trading time out- Shrike said it would last a week but it lasted a long time.

A few months back (maybe September>), some other mod (not Shrike) PM'ed me and asked if my issues with rooter had been worked out. I said yeah and let the mod what happened and why he was on trading time out in the first place. And then rooters back at trading.

Somebody really fucked up here.:roll:

I'm pretty sure I still have the emails from GCO as proof.

Oh, and this is probably something I should have done but I never left feedback. It slipped my mind completely as I figured he'd never be able to trade here again. Sorry about that guys.:whistle2:(

ya it's really a shame when people do this. I am afraid I will probably get screwed soon just because I am so trusting. I've built my feedback up quite high now and would consider myself a more veteran trader now but I am quite often willing to agree to ship at the same time with people even if they have much lower feedback. I guess I like giving people the benefit of the doubt. It's a shame people have to always try to cheat people.

[quote name='Vinny']I never got why he was allowed to continue trading here- he tried to screw me and another CAG earlier last year (like March I think) and all he got as a trading time out.

I bought what was supposed to be a complete copy of Growlanser Generations Deluxe. I pay him via Google Checkout. When I receive it, it was not complete (missing soundtrack).

He oks for me to return it. I return it and wait a while and never got my refund. I emailed Google Checkout help and contact Shrike about it. GCO help contacted him for me and he then emailed me saying he'd refund the money the next day.

A few days go by and no refund. I email GCO support again and they force a refund to my account after 5 days.

He was put on trading time out by Shrike. Shrike also told me another CAG was having trouble with rooter. I suggested to Shrike that I thought he should be banned but rooter never was and I didn't wanna step beyond my boundaries. He was put on trading time out- Shrike said it would last a week but it lasted a long time.

A few months back (maybe September>), some other mod (not Shrike) PM'ed me and asked if my issues with rooter had been worked out. I said yeah and let the mod what happened and why he was on trading time out in the first place. And then rooters back at trading.

Somebody really fucked up here.:roll:

I'm pretty sure I still have the emails from GCO as proof.

Oh, and this is probably something I should have done but I never left feedback. It slipped my mind completely as I figured he'd never be able to trade here again. Sorry about that guys.:whistle2:([/quote]

I was the other person he was trading with. That fucker sold me the Growslanser Generations without the soundtrack as well. Figures he was trying to work out deals with the same item. I had to get my credit card to issue me a refund. I kept hearing back from him with excuses why he didn't ship the item and finally I just got tired of waiting. Never heard from him again.

thebob101, dammit! I wish Shrike had told me it was you- then we could've figured it all out and got him banned earlier for trying to fuck us both over at the same time! But I don't blame Shrike for not letting me know, privacy rules and whatnot obviously.

I just thought of something... why not report it to the police?

If you guys have proof of payment and if his local police department gets enough reports about it (I think they need at least 3 usually), they will go investigate him. You guys probably won't get your money back but that rooter bitch might get jail time or something.

Here's another forum where he screwed people, a friend of mine at thegrforums.com pointed it out to me (in which he also saw this thread).
http://opa-ages.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5445

Maybe try and get in contact with members from other sites and see if you guys can get something going.

I have a pretty bold statement about this. The only way I would rip off anyone was if I was dead. I have always got what I've paid for,but sometimes the condition is no where near what they said it was. Dc may seem like a waste of money to some,but I always get it just incase something ever came up.

Holy shit I can't believe the group think burn me at the cross shit going on in this thread. Now I'm not going to sit here and act like I'm a saint but FOR THE MOST PART I've been a very good trader on these forums. Allow me to clear up a few things

1) I shipped the OP's purchase. I was extremely late getting it out and I should have communicated better.

2) The first guy who purchased Growlanser from me, yeah I fucked up I know, when he did a chargeback on me through google checkout awhile later I sent him an email blasting him for trying to get double money from me as I thought I had already refunded him.

3) The OTHER guy who bought Growlanser from me was MONTHS later. It was NOT at the same time so don't say that. When he purchased it from me my grandmother was dying in the hospital and I was distracted and didn't ship it like I should have and then I was in Virginia for 2 weeks on business so I fell out of communication.

So let's get one thing straight: Yes, I'm fucking horrible at shipping on time and yes I've messed up in the past but I am NOT a scammer. Anyone who has ever had a problem with me has gotten their money back one way or another. Look at all the very good trades I had here on CAG and don't just judge me on the few fuckups.

Heh, your wasting your time coming back and flaming the people you tried to fuck over. People are allowed to judge you on a fuck up, because guess what? People tend to not want to be one of those fuck ups. Think as a smart human being. If someone is banned off of two trade sites for not sending merchandise or sending merchandise that isn't as specified do you plan on doing buisness with them? I mean you do say your a buisnessman.

happy I ended up not buying a dvd set from him...not so happy about all these stories about people he's screwed over...then again, he's banned...but he's supposedly back ^ there

[quote name='rooter2']
2) The first guy who purchased Growlanser from me, yeah I fucked up I know, when he did a chargeback on me through google checkout awhile later I sent him an email blasting him for trying to get double money from me as I thought I had already refunded him.[/QUOTE]

I never did or asked for a charge back...

I told GCO about the issue and asked if they could do anything about it. You said you'd refund me next day and I waited 5 days without any luck. Then, I contacted GCO again and only then did you refund me after they asked you to- that's according to GCO, I still have that email saying you refunded per their (2nd) request.

Ignoring me pretty much said, "I'm keeping your money."

Hell, I never even got an apology from you- that's what pissed me off the most.

[quote name='Vinny']
Here's another forum where he screwed people, a friend of mine at thegrforums.com pointed it out to me (in which he also saw this thread).
http://opa-ages.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5445

Maybe try and get in contact with members from other sites and see if you guys can get something going.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that you pointed out that link to that forum. I loved how he finds all this shit funny and accuses me of never sending him an email. The best part is I just got a reply to the email I never sent him in the first place and here is what he replied back with:

I apologize for my communication problems. I've had a number of issues going on and in the process of shipping 30+ items yours was not shipped so I corrected that yesterday and shipped it out priority mail. I came back and found that you had filed a paypal claim which I completely understand. I hope we can resolve this amicably once the DVDs are received which I suspect will be tomorrow. Also, it was pointed out to me that you made a thread on CAG about me, if you could ask the admins to remove it or just let it die I'd appreciate it.

Just to clarify I didn't make this thread about him. I never named him by his cag screen name in the original thread. It was one of the mods that made this thread after a few people (besides me) PMd him. If he had been professional about the whole situation I would have considered taking the apology, but I will settle for my money back now. As long as I get that back, I leave it up to the mods with what to do with this guy.

and you're right, i apologize for saying you didn't email me - i use a different email for paypal that is filled with spam so i normally don't check it, after i saw your post i went and found your email in there

bread's done
Back