If you could learn anything instantly...

I found one: I'd like to learn everything about computer science--both the hardware and software aspects. There's some really extraordinary things about the field that I wish I could take the time to learn.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I don't really need a reason behind that. If you don't already think that learning another language and being able to speak and understand it fluently is one of the smartest things anyone can do, than I don't think any reasoning I put forth would help you understand that.[/QUOTE]

Ahaha, fuck off. Do you even have a reason, or are you just talking out of your asshole?

[quote name='Liquid 2']
Ahaha, fuck off. Do you even have a reason, or are you just talking out of your asshole?[/QUOTE]

I guess, in your opinion, I'm talking out of my asshole.

Like I said, if you don't already think learning a language is one of the smartest things a human can do, nothing I can say will change your viewpoint so why should I bother?

You're making a baseless statement that I'm asking you to qualify, and you're saying that if it isn't obvious to some one, then they can't be convinced otherwise.

(And I already know two languages, and enough of a third to get by, and I'm going to be learning a 4th soon. But I don't see what makes it "the smartest thing one can do." At all.)

It's amazing how small some people are aiming. You get the opportunity to learn anything instantly and you choose to learn a single language or how to repair your Civic?

Why not the secret of forming wormholes or attaining faster than light travel? Find a cure for AIDs, cancer or aging. Cold fusion? Time travel? Teleportation?

But no, it's infinitely more practical to learn karate, never mind the fact that'd you'd throw out your hip trying to kick.

[quote name='Sekhmet']It's amazing how small some people are aiming. You get the opportunity to learn anything instantly and you choose to learn a single language or how to repair your Civic?

Why not the secret of forming wormholes or attaining faster than light travel? Find a cure for AIDs, cancer or aging. Cold fusion? Time travel? Teleportation?

But no, it's infinitely more practical to learn karate, never mind the fact that'd you'd throw out your hip trying to kick.[/QUOTE]

Eh, karate's easier- we may not like the answers to some of those other things. Cure for aging? Death and mummifcation. Your jerkified corpse will never age again! And the cure of aids is a daily dose of spinal fluid from a late-term aborted fetus! You get the idea.

It's just a hypothetical question, don't rail on people for posting their realistic, achieveable goals instead of taking the afternoon to phrase a perfect world-altering answer.

[quote name='Sekhmet']It's amazing how small some people are aiming. You get the opportunity to learn anything instantly and you choose to learn a single language or how to repair your Civic?

But no, it's infinitely more practical to learn karate, never mind the fact that'd you'd throw out your hip trying to kick.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking things that can be taught currently.

But if we are gonna go that route, I think I would learn how to do Dr. Manhattan stuff.

Advanced mathematics, including the stuff for Physics. After that I'd work toward learning other things like foreign languages. If only I could be as smart as Buckaroo.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Eh, karate's easier- we may not like the answers to some of those other things. Cure for aging? Death and mummifcation. Your jerkified corpse will never age again! And the cure of aids is a daily dose of spinal fluid from a late-term aborted fetus! You get the idea.

It's just a hypothetical question, don't rail on people for posting their realistic, achieveable goals instead of taking the afternoon to phrase a perfect world-altering answer.[/QUOTE]

If they're realistic and achievable, why wouldn't I rag on them for wishing it would magically happen instead of getting off their ass and doing it themselves? If you're going to have something handed to you on a silver plate, why make it something you could get easily with your own power?

It's like going to a 5 star restaurant for a free meal and asking for a Big Mac because it's what you could normally afford.

The anti-life equation.

darkseid2.jpg

[quote name='JolietJake']The anti-life equation.

darkseid2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

At first glance, I thought that image was a huge evil version of The Tick's sidekick Arthur, rather than Darkseid. Which actually kinda works.

I am a nurse in a nicu, so if I could learn anything in an instant, it would have to be all the medical info for taking care of these babies.

[quote name='Sekhmet']If they're realistic and achievable, why wouldn't I rag on them for wishing it would magically happen instead of getting off their ass and doing it themselves? If you're going to have something handed to you on a silver plate, why make it something you could get easily with your own power?

It's like going to a 5 star restaurant for a free meal and asking for a Big Mac because it's what you could normally afford.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying they're good answers, I'm saying no one's going to sit down and really think up something for a rhetorical question- they'll just say something they want, but are too lazy to put the effort into.

Tell you what- you go find me a magical genie to grant my wish, and I'll think of something you won't find 'a waste'- deal?

bread's done
Back