If you could roll up a Katamari anywhere on Earth...

RELmajor03

CAGiversary!
...where would it be?

The question occurred to be the day before yesterday. I live on the east side in New York, and the only subway that services the east side was out of service. Some 350,000 people from the Bronx all the way down to the Brooklyn Bridge were without transportation, the buses were all crowded, and the streets were teeming with grumbling commuters walking to work.

As I walked to work, all I could think to myself was how much fun it would be to start rolling up all these angry commuters, and what a big Katamari they'd make. I could almost hear it: the screams of people running in fear with "Na-na, na-na-na-na-na-na-na, na-na na na-na na" in the background.

So I'd roll my katamari in Manhattan. How about you?

Do I get to keep what I roll up? If I do I'm going to Tokyo for games and anime and Japanese guys to auction off at conventions :p

If not... I'd hit I-5 (our biggest freeway) at rush hour. No more traffic congestion!

Detroit. It could stand to have a couple of buildings, locales and roads cleaned up.
Heck, after being done you'd be a hero!

Na na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na
doot doot doot doot a loot a loot...
Na na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na
Katamari do your best...
Na na na na na na na

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Do I get to keep what I roll up? If I do I'm going to Tokyo for games and anime and Japanese guys to auction off at conventions :p

If not... I'd hit I-5 (our biggest freeway) at rush hour. No more traffic congestion![/quote]
Well, I guess techinically it'd all get turned into a star, so I'm gonna guess you don't get to keep it. Incidentally, what does a Japanese guy fetch at auction these days?

"Shigeru Miyamoto, SOLD! Next lot, Hideo Kojima!"

If I was just going for sheer size, starting from a small one, I would have to go with either the overly populated areas of China or India. Just for fun, I would probably like to roll the Bay Area just for the terrain.

[quote name='BigDirty']If I was just going for sheer size, starting from a small one, I would have to go with either the overly populated areas of China or India. Just for fun, I would probably like to roll the Bay Area just for the terrain.[/quote]

Katamari's for Tsunami Relief.

[quote name='RELmajor03']Well, I guess techinically it'd all get turned into a star, so I'm gonna guess you don't get to keep it. Incidentally, what does a Japanese guy fetch at auction these days?

"Shigeru Miyamoto, SOLD! Next lot, Hideo Kojima!"[/quote]

Damn, that'd be a great way to get me some import stuff...

The value of a Japanese guy, at my convention anyway, is based on the following equation:

[(Bishonen level + j-pop ability+ American popularity) x number of Fangirls] divided by (fangirl's age + paycheck)

In other words, I couldn't get much for Hideo Kojima at my convention, but Gackt would sell for a pretty high price.

I can imagine taking Kojima to a game convention and having him get picked up by Raiden's only fan who's desperate to see him in a new game (with a nude code.) It'd be like that misery movie!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Washington. Definately Washington.[/quote]
"The sky is missing something. It's missing...hot air."

I laugh everytime that I hear people talk about this game because at my local Gamestop in Detroit to get little kids out of the store that just hang around to play the displays they pop in Katamari and pause the game so that the music can play and the little kids get upset when they try to play it and still here the song. So they just get mad and leave.

I would hit the playboy mansion or someplace similar, then It would be twice the fun as my katamari would be, nice soft and in some parts silliconey

[quote name='Theenternal']I would hit the playboy mansion or someplace similar, then It would be twice the fun as my katamari would be, nice soft and in some parts silliconey[/quote]

I thought the same exact thing as TheEternal. :eek:

Is that one of those signs... :wink:

[quote name='Wshakspear']all female nude beach. The one with sign that says "No Fat Chicks"

i need to stop watching family guy...[/quote]

I was going to say Cancun... If we got to keep it...

If we didn't get to keep it and it was going to be blown into space... I'd say go to an all nude beach that says "Fat Chicks Only". :twisted:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Do I get to keep what I roll up? If I do I'm going to Tokyo for games and anime and Japanese guys to auction off at conventions :p

If not... I'd hit I-5 (our biggest freeway) at rush hour. No more traffic congestion![/quote]

no it has to explode to make a star, I need to feel the cosmos.

[quote name='Mr.Answer'][quote name='DuelLadyS']Do I get to keep what I roll up? If I do I'm going to Tokyo for games and anime and Japanese guys to auction off at conventions :p

no it has to explode to make a star, I need to feel the cosmos.[/quote]
Dude, if you rolled up a nude beach with no fat chicks, I would LOVE to feel the cosmos.

Hollywood during an awards night. Start on the podium, roll up the note cards and tropheys, move out to the audience, then the red carpet, then take over the whole tourist-trap, bum-riddled, trendy area. That would rule. :)

[quote name='RELmajor03'][quote name='Mr.Answer'][quote name='DuelLadyS']Do I get to keep what I roll up? If I do I'm going to Tokyo for games and anime and Japanese guys to auction off at conventions :p

no it has to explode to make a star, I need to feel the cosmos.[/quote]
Dude, if you rolled up a nude beach with no fat chicks, I would LOVE to feel the cosmos.[/quote]

That is the sad thing, it is only cosmicly one may feel it.

Sorry to sort of break off topic (even though its technically ON topic, but whatever)....but I just got Katamari today and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or strategies I can use.

The first couple of levels went easily for me but then I almost ran out of time before completing my Katamari on about the 3rd or 4th stage.

Finale.toast.jpg

I have a practical as well as a playful nature so I'm thinking it would be great if I could do some of my gardening chores by rolling up weeds, twigs, fallen leaves, harmful insects and slugs.

Inside, I would be happy to roll up the dust on furniture and floors, dirt on the windows and general household clutter like junk mail and old newspapers.

Oh, and in the winter, clearing snow from our sidewalk and driveway would be a cinch if you could just roll it all away.

The above would make my life simpler and more fun. Plus I'd have more fun for the real thing.

Hmmm, this is a hard one. I can think of a few...a Good Charlotte concert, the EA offices, a Democratic convention...I'm sure I could think of many others if given the time.

bread's done
Back