If you ever can't deactivate a Playstation, is there a way to get the activation back

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!
So here's a real concern... On the Xbox, even if you can't boot the system and work it well enough to deactivate the system, it doesn't matter because every year you can activate a different system.

The Playstation systems you can deactivate manually, and that's nice so you don't have to wait a year. But the bad part is, obviously if your system dies, you may not be able to deactivate, those blowing one of your five "slots".

Anyone know if there's a way to deactivate dead hardware? Do it online or something?

Been wondering about that for a while. I THOUGHT I remembered that with iTunes there was some way to do that.

I was able to get my non functional ps3 deactivated through e-mail. It took 24 hours to do it. All they asked for was my e-mail address.

yeah it depends if you want to simply deactivate your personal account or a handful of gameshare accounts. this is via customer service though

Huh, so it sounds like they probably WILL do it? That's excellent news. I mean so far I've never had a Sony console die on me, but hey, they have gotten those yellow lights of death, or I could drop a PSP and crack it or something...it's definitely a legitimate concern! I HAVE had multiple Xboxs fail where I wouldn't have been able to deactivate them if you had to deactivate them.

Anyway I'll give this a shot if/when I ever have one of these fail.

I'm paranoid enough about it that in the past I've actually deactivated my PSP after I'm done playing some downloaded PS1 game!

[quote name='TimPV3']According to two Sony reps I talked to, they can reset your 5 system activation limit ONCE.[/QUOTE]
what does that mean exactly may I ask? All 5 ps3's linked to the account will no longer be linked and your account will start fresh* on a new ps3 with 4 open slots?

*fresh as in just the accounts being removed but all your psn stuff still being there

[quote name='TimPV3']According to two Sony reps I talked to, they can reset your 5 system activation limit ONCE.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...well thanks for the info. Wish Sony'd thought through some way to do this since it's not like stuff dying is going to be super uncommon.

I recently had to call because my brother in law's PS3 died on him (They have a bad ladybug issue),we share games, so I called them and they did that for me, I sure hope it's more than once because I have 2 fat PS3's, and even though I treat them well, I worry, but my playstation still running (yes the big square playstation, not a ps one).

bread's done
Back