If you had the money would you upgrade to 3G from Wifi only?

ZiggyGod

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
I have a PS Vita Wifi only preordered through Amazon and I already bought a 32gig memory card. I was thinking about upgrading it to the 3G but im not sure. Money isn't an issue I can afford it. But I know I'll never use the 3G and I already have a memory card, so the 8 gig is no use to me. If you were in my shoes would you just save the money or buy the 3G?

Thanks. :)

Are you thinking out loud or just bored? What kind of question is this? You just said you'd never use 3G. There is no fucking point of you having 3G if you will not use it.

[quote name='AndrewCP']I wouldn't use the 3G and would put the extra cash towards a game or accessory.[/QUOTE]

Now thats a good idea! Thanks. :D

If I had the money to pay for the phone service, I'd buy a 3G Vita on day one.

If I also had the money I'd get a PSPgo to use just for PSN and PSone games in addition to my PSP 3000, which would be used for my UMD only PSP games. Of course with extra money, I'd buy all the PSP games available on the PSN just to preserve my UMD based games.

I would just get the wifi only one and root my phone to use it as a hot spot if I was not at home. That was the plan when I was thinking about getting one.

Doesn't hurt to get it if you have the money. Maybe something will come along that'll make the 3g worth having. You're already spending $250 so what's an extra $50?

Hmm, same thing here got the 32gb memory card and won't use the 3G but would get because it does have a dedicated GPS chip the Wifi only version doesn't and apps will start using them t@g is one here (http://indiegames.com/2012/02/frobisher_says_tg_coming_to_ps.html). Also the 3G version if you signed up for a month you will get Super Stardust Delta + DLC for free. So that $15 for two months of 3G + Game. App wise dunno how in the future that will go but would love to use mine as a GPS device for driving.

If my budget was that tight I wouldn't be buying handheld gaming platforms in the first place.

3G all the way. I use portable devices on the go.

Hell no, 3g is a complete waste of money when wifi can be found everywhere. Why pay for what you can legally get for free??

I got the 3G Launch Bundle.
Why?
Was going to buy 8GB card anyway. ($30)
If I needed to resell the thing later its easier to sell the 3G than Wifi.
The other goodies = no relevant factor for me.

So basically I'm spending $20 more for the ease of selling it later if I needed to.

Oh, BTW Amazon added a CTA screen protector to their pre-order launch bundle (~$5 worth to me).

3G... because you never know.

What if some update to some game gives location based rewards/items/etc? Like geocaching, as I remember that being a topic with several developers in the early days following the device's conception.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']3G... because you never know.

What if some update to some game gives location based rewards/items/etc? Like geocaching, as I remember that being a topic with several developers in the early days following the device's conception.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they would have it working with wifi also kind of like Near.

Sony & Att&t is pushing the 3g model thats why they announced the 3g bundle, of course it will outsell the wifi intially, but after the initial release of the Vita and the bundles dry up since its only first shipments only, wifi will outsell 3g by 3:1, so no developers will make a feature in a game require 3g, because that would alienate a majority of the Vita owners. Im sure you will see a couple of intial games do small features like Disgaea, that is a added bonus but really no big deal at all.

The biggest downfall of Vita 3g is Sony partner with ATT&T....plus you cant even play multiplayer over 3g signal, only Wifi. Im sure most of us have cell phones with internet connection, so we can accomplish everything the 3g model can as far as browsing, social networking. If you must have 3g, why not root your cell phone to a mobile wifi hotspot and connect Vita to that, its free and takes 15 mins to root a phone at most.

Depends it was only $20 more than i was going to spend anyway of course i got impatient and ended up with the first editon bundle anyway. I have the cheapest data plan on my phone 200mb. It's perfectly fine for checking my email and twitter while out. But for long road trips in a car i can't stream netflix on it. If i was going on a trip i could just buy a set amount of data and use that for netflix streaming without messing with my cell phone plan. so even if i only use it once i would say it's worth it. also resale value in the future will probably net you an extra $20 or so if you plan on upgrading. if you are already spending $280 on something an extra $20 won't break the bank. And too the poster above yes you can root your phone very easily but why drain 2 batteries? I don't know about you but my android phone doesn't get very great battery life even with 3g disabled. I would much rather save my phones battery in case i need to make an important phone call or something or risk att realizing i'm tethering and adding tethering to my plan. just my 2 cents

[quote name='el swordo']Depends it was only $20 more than i was going to spend anyway of course i got impatient and ended up with the first editon bundle anyway. I have the cheapest data plan on my phone 200mb. It's perfectly fine for checking my email and twitter while out. But for long road trips in a car i can't stream netflix on it. If i was going on a trip i could just buy a set amount of data and use that for netflix streaming without messing with my cell phone plan. so even if i only use it once i would say it's worth it. also resale value in the future will probably net you an extra $20 or so if you plan on upgrading. if you are already spending $280 on something an extra $20 won't break the bank. And too the poster above yes you can root your phone very easily but why drain 2 batteries? I don't know about you but my android phone doesn't get very great battery life even with 3g disabled. I would much rather save my phones battery in case i need to make an important phone call or something or risk att realizing i'm tethering and adding tethering to my plan. just my 2 cents[/QUOTE]

valid points, I have unlimited everything on my cell plan, btw I was just trying to make myself better since I couldent find a first edition bundle lol (dident preorder) I will just stick with wifi version that I have preordered. I even tried to look on craigslist, Vita FEB are up their, but too much of a premium when Vita will launch next week. People wanted between $400-$500, needless to say they were still available lol

yeah i lucked out and picked one up at midnight when i just had regular edition bundle preordered. was working to midnight anyway but boss let me leave at 11:30 to stand in front of store. they ordered 10 and had 9 preorders. the case is nice but little deviants will drop quick. i'm selling my copy on ebay right now. i thought 4gb wouldn't be enough but stardust is only 200mb and with 3 games installed on it + game saves i still have 3200mb free. i don't see myself using it for music ever and even if i wanted too i couldn't copy my avi tv shows onto it since the content manager doesn't recognize it. the case even has some kind of built in cartridge holder.

[quote name='Naplex']I got the 3G Launch Bundle.
Why?
Was going to buy 8GB card anyway. ($30)
If I needed to resell the thing later its easier to sell the 3G than Wifi.
The other goodies = no relevant factor for me.

So basically I'm spending $20 more for the ease of selling it later if I needed to.

Oh, BTW Amazon added a CTA screen protector to their pre-order launch bundle (~$5 worth to me).[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel; I was going to order an 8 or 16gb card anyway, so when they threw the 8gb into the 3G bundle for the same price, I just switched my order from WiFi to 3G/WiFi. I didn't care about the other goodies either (free month of 3G once you buy one, then free game), so I figure I just paid $20 more than I would otherwise have paid. No big deal.

I would rather get a mobile hot spot and the data service and connect every wifi devices I have such as 3ds, vita, tablets, notebooks etc etc etc to it.

I think if it was 4G it would be alot better to pay for it

bread's done
Back