If you like rap and gaming, please check this dude out.

help1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I know, I know. "Why not put this in the over-crowded music and youtube threads?" Because this guy deserves some shine.

He is a rapper who seems to have grown up in the same age as the rest of us. None of this gangster shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJKxBXCCUAg

If you are feeling him here is a bonus track that I thought was pretty tight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6q-havCINk

If you are really feeling his style, check out his mixtapes:

"everybody is nobody" and "Square in the circle."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crystalklear64']ever heard of a thing called nerdcore?

this ain't nothing new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerdcore_hip_hop[/QUOTE]

Of course I have, but most of those guys are joke rappers and gimmicky. This guy has backing from people like Neyo, Lil Wayne (yes, wayne sucks, but to be associated with a big name still helps) and even Kanye West.

Very, very hokey.

Sounds like something they'd play in the game department at Best Buy.

Yes. Halo 2 does rhyme with Street Fighter II.

That was embarrassing.

[quote name='help1']Of course I have, but most of those guys are joke rappers and gimmicky. This guy has backing from people like Neyo, Lil Wayne (yes, wayne sucks, but to be associated with a big name still helps) and even Kanye West.[/QUOTE]

This was even more embarrassing.

It's alright if you guys don't like it. Maybe someone out there will. You guys can go back to your MF Doom stuff. I don't really like MF doom, but his madlib beats were dope.

[quote name='zewone']That was embarrassing.

This was even more embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

Yo is there a way I can get a list of all the albums in your signature? I see you have people like Dilla and atmosphere on there, so I might be introduced to some new good music.

[quote name='help1']Aaaaaand he got signed!

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/07/26/xv-x-warner-bros/#comment-451382

Be on the look out for XV to be on repeat on your local radio station within the next year or so![/QUOTE]

who listens to regular radio? Between MP3s, CDs, Pandora, Last.fm and XM I dont make time to listen to regualr crappy radio in my car (or at home for that matter).

Also, to me, this guy sounds like all the other junk out there especially since I don't even like hip hop

[quote name='Malik112099']who listens to regular radio? Between MP3s, CDs, Pandora, Last.fm and XM I dont make time to listen to regualr crappy radio in my car (or at home for that matter).

Also, to me, this guy sounds like all the other junk out there especially since I don't even like hip hop[/QUOTE]

Because whether you like it or not, radio spins is still a major barometer of an artist's success. Acts like Wiz Khalifa and Curren$y might have major internet buzz, but Curren$y's Pilot Talk only sold 9,000 copies first week, where as a person like Drake, who has a million songs on the radio, sold around 500,000 copies first week, and has recently eclipsed 1 million copies sold.

Then again, this might be the wrong website to post this on, since mentioning Drakes name will only lead to me getting insulted, as people will now come at me and tell me to listen to "true lyricists" like MF DOOM and Atmosphere. Too bad that 90's hip hop sound is played out, so acts like Doom and Atmosphere will delve further into the underground.

That isn't to say lyricism is dead. J. Cole is still getting buzz.

[quote name='help1']Because whether you like it or not, radio spins is still a major barometer of an artist's success. Acts like Wiz Khalifa and Curren$y might have major internet buzz, but Curren$y's Pilot Talk only sold 9,000 copies first week, where as a person like Drake, who has a million songs on the radio, sold around 500,000 copies first week, and has recently eclipsed 1 million copies sold.

Then again, this might be the wrong website to post this on, since mentioning Drakes name will only lead to me getting insulted, as people will now come at me and tell me to listen to "true lyricists" like MF DOOM and Atmosphere. Too bad that 90's hip hop sound is played out, so acts like Doom and Atmosphere will delve further into the underground.

That isn't to say lyricism is dead. J. Cole is still getting buzz.[/QUOTE]

I am proud to say I don't know any of what the fuck you are talking about.

[quote name='help1']Be on the look out for XV to be on repeat on your local radio station within the next year or so![/QUOTE]

People still listen to the radio?

[quote name='Malik112099']who listens to regular radio? Between MP3s, CDs, Pandora, Last.fm and XM I dont make time to listen to regualr crappy radio in my car (or at home for that matter).[/QUOTE]

If you live near a major city sometimes it's better to listen to the local radio. Hell when I had XM radio I would completely lose the signal right next to their fucking headquarters in DC. Drove me nuts.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']If you live near a major city sometimes it's better to listen to the local radio. Hell when I had XM radio I would completely lose the signal right next to their fucking headquarters in DC. Drove me nuts.[/QUOTE]

I can listen to all the other stuff I listed in my car as well. If I dont have XM on then I am probably listening to Pandora.

[quote name='SEH']Dont hate on Atmosphere.[/QUOTE]

I never understood why people liked him. His beats suck.

I gave up on most rap/hiphop. The artists I listen to that are from the genre are...
Kid Sister, B.O.B., the Cool Kids, Amanda Blank, P.O.S. and been listening to the new Eninem. The rest of the hiphop on my iPod are all old school.

Atmosphere does have some shit that's kinda lame, but for the most parts they bring hard beats and Slug is a really good lyricist. I also appreciate that he raps about things other than ho's, jewelry, and whips. He's honest about his life and shit that's happened.

As for the rest of who you mentioned, Cool Kids and POS bring it too. Love both of them.

bread's done
Back