If you're going to return any CC Games, sell them to me

JamesM4321

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm looking to buy 2 games that I don't have. $13 shipped for 2. There's really not any profit, but if you're going to take them back anyways....

PM me

Dude, you could at least offer $15 for the trouble of shipping the damn things, which is decidedly more involved then plopping them on a counter and asking for your money back. No incentive, says I.

[quote name='zewone']$13 shipped is a crappy offer. I would sell you 2 if you upped the ante.[/quote]

Agreed. After shipping and taxes, we'd be losing money.

Honestly, dude, you're going to get no takers on this.

Let's do the math:

$4.99 x 2 = $9.98

$9.98 + tax (8.25% in CA) = $10.80

Assuming I ship the games for under $2 (which, I suppose Media Mail with no DC would cover, but I'm pretty sure neither party would want something so insecure), then i break even. More likely than not, however, shipping will be at least $3 to $4.

And that's not even considering the percentage that Paypal takes from each transaction.

I'm not going to add in gas, since I'd be driving to CC to return the things. But, making a trip to the PO is definitely extra work, since I'll most likely be going to CC at some point during the next 30 days.

I'm not saying you have to make us a profit, but, damn, at least let us break even.

I think more people would be receptive to a 1 for 1 trade.

-- Howard

[quote name='JamesM4321']Shipping is Under $2 for Media Mail.[/quote]

you gotta include the cost of mailing supplies as well in your shipping figure

Well there are a few people out there that are only interested in helping someone else get the games they missed....because they know they'd like someone to help them if the positions were reversed. And, it's not all about gouging someone. I traded a copy of Disgaea as an equal trade, even though I could've sold it on eBay for a LOT more.

It's just about being nice sometimes, not making money. and I have had some PM's from other CAGers that feel that way as well. And I appreciate them very much. And, I know I'll keep in touch with them next time there's some great deal...and look out for any games they need.

It's all about helping, not all greed!

Yeah, people at other boards are selling games for around $5.50 plus $2 shipping. You guys need to stop always thinking about how much profit you can rip out of it what does $1 or $2 do for you guys anyway?

[quote name='JamesM4321']It's all about helping, not all greed![/quote]

Yeah, wanting to break even on this is incredibly greedy. :roll:

I'm sorry. I'm one of the biggest fighters against the people going and buying 100 games at CC and then selling them on e-bay, but what these people are asking for isn't greedy. Look at the math. You are the one being greedy by not agreeing to a fair trade. You missed the deal. Get over it. I have.

Well, I shipped 2 games out with delivery comfirmation the other day:

$1.42 postage media mail
$0.55 DC
$5.25 Game cost plus tax
$5.25 Game cost plus tax

and I used my own supplies at home to mail. You can wrap in a paper bag like a XMas present and mail it that way.

It costed $12.47

And sure, I don't want ANYONE to lose money. But, they couls be spending more in gas taking it to the CC to return with the gas hike. Their CC could be 45 minutes away.

I'm just saying, if someone felt that they could do it without losing money, please do. And some have. I've sent the money already to a few people. And they have good feedback so I'm not worried about getting screwed.

But, yeah, if you'd lose money on it, don't bother. I certaintly don't blame you. I'd pass as well.

Shipping supplies just cost me over $5 for 5 packages. I mean there's being nice and then there's being stupid. Someone on here was offering to ship CC games for $10 and I think that's fair and then if you ship 2 got like $15. $13 for 2 games is asking the sender to spend money to ship you games...is that fair?

[quote name='JamesM4321']It's all about helping, not all greed![/quote]

You aren't asking for help. You're asking for someone to put up money for you to have their games. Like it was said, $13 for 2 games doesn't even cover cost+shipping+shipping supplies. Nobody here's being greedy, except, arguably, you.

I agree that it is about helping, and I have sold some games at cost (even Steel Battalion, which I made a special trip to pick up, man that was a pain to ship), and even given a few away to other CAGs, including covering the cost of shipping. My tax rate is 9.25%, however, and I would not be breaking even selling 2 $5 games for $13 shipped. I'm glad you found other people who were willing to, and hopefully their tax rates are low enough so that they at least aren't out money. You probably would have gotten even more offers if you were willing to compromise and cover expenses (and I'm not talking about "My time is worth $X, and I used $Y worth of gas to get the games and drive to the post office", I just mean tax and postage).

$13?! That's Ludicrous! No one should have to lose money getting you a good deal.

Game = $4.99
Gas = ~$2/gal (Lets say you use 1 gal of gas driving to and fro and perhaps to post office)
Tax = ~8% seems about average
Shipping Materials = ~$1 (padded envelope at wally world)
Shipping Cost = ~$2

That comes to about $10 - $12 for one game shipped. Not counting a $1 or $2 for the effort of the nice person willing to sell and ship you the game. That is still an excellent deal. I would take it.

Anyone willing to ship me Pikmin for $12? I'll take it in a heartbeat!

Chris

Well, I just had an extra $13 so I decided to put it out there. I didn't necessarily expect to get anything....but, surprisingly I did.

And I'd offer more, but my funds are very limited right now....so I can't afford much. I just moved and that cost quite a bit. And, I work 90 hrs a week just to cover the bills. But, did some extra overtime this week.

And, to all of those thinking I'm being greedy...I apologize. I'm the last one to ever try to take advantage of a situation. I just calculated what ti cost me to do the same thing for someone else....and put the offer out there.

Sorry again....

well, I'd have to say that 13 dollars for two games is not enough to make me go to the post office

it's 11 dollars for tow games out here and 2 dollars minimum for shipping. that's excluding everything else.

I would have been glad to sell for 18 shipped for two, when I was selling my returns, but 13 isn't worth it for lots of people.

Not even sure if it is enough to cover for media mail shipping.

I already return 6 games to CC. Planning to return another 5 this Sunday.

[quote name='b3b0p']$13?! That's Ludicrous! No one should have to lose money getting you a good deal.

Game = $4.99
Gas = ~$2/gal (Lets say you use 1 gal of gas driving to and fro and perhaps to post office)
Shipping Cost = ~$2

That comes to about $10 - $12 for one game shipped. Not counting a $1 or $2 for the effort of the nice person willing to sell and ship you the game. That is still an excellent deal. I would take it.

Chris[/quote]

If you look around enought here was someone selling pikmins and splinter cells for $11 a pop, I believe the thread title was Pikmins and Splinter Cells ahoy.

[quote name='yogi99']Not even sure if it is enough to cover for media mail shipping.

I already return 6 games to CC. Planning to return another 5 this Sunday.[/quote]

What games did you get that weren't worth keeping?

Not a good deal for me here either.

games: $4.99 x 2 = 9.98
tax: (6%) = $0.60
postage ~ $2
Envelope ~ $1
total: $13.58

This doesn't even include gas, time, etc. I think for $15 you would get a couple more takers but I really think $16-$17 is fair...

I spent $37 on seven games at CC last weekend. I sold three of them for around $37 all together, so that leaves me with four games for free. I sold two to him for $13 shipped. If I send Media Mail with DC# for $2 plus PayPal costs, I end up with around $10. I made $47 back all together, so that's a $10 profit and two free games. I know I coulda milked people for some of these games, but I'm happy with what I ended up with in the end. My CC is about an hour away, so I woulda spent more than $5 in gas just to get there and back if I wanted to just return them. The PO is right down the street and I have extra boxes/envelopes from previous deals, so I just recycle those.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='b3b0p']$13?! That's Ludicrous! No one should have to lose money getting you a good deal.

Game = $4.99
Shipping Cost = ~$2

Chris[/quote]

If you look around enought here was someone selling pikmins and splinter cells for $11 a pop, I believe the thread title was Pikmins and Splinter Cells ahoy.[/quote]

ok $13 :D

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='yogi99']Not even sure if it is enough to cover for media mail shipping.

I already return 6 games to CC. Planning to return another 5 this Sunday.[/quote]

What games did you get that weren't worth keeping?[/quote]

Legends of wrestling II (ps2)
[xbox]
The Huanted Mansion
Spy Hunter 2
The Cat in the Hat
All-Star Baseball 2004

[quote name='Zombie']No problem.[/quote]I just lost all respect for you Zombie. :wink: Those must have been 2 crappy games to sell for $13 shipped. :p

how can ppl say that CAGs are greedy when most CAGs offer CAGs their items first? before ebay, or trade-in. a couple bucks is really not anything near the ball park of greed. i remember there was this guy on here asking for $16 min on his game, n it was in low demand msrp $19.99. he just look at the msrp price and knocked off a couple bucks. now THATS greedy! i think CAG have a very good sense of whats "fair" please dont try to try to jew some1, its like peeking up a lady's dress... disgusting. treat others like how you'd like to be treated, if you like gettting gipted then be my guest and try to gipt others then.

[quote name='JamesM4321']Shipping is Under $2 for Media Mail.[/quote]its USPS First Class $1.52 per game (in a padded envelope)

personally i wouldnt do it. 15 min to the nearest PO & 40 min to the nearest CC. 7.5% sales tax. Not to mention all the gas a truck takes up

x.x

[quote name='sj41']I just lost all respect for you Zombie. :wink: Those must have been 2 crappy games to sell for $13 shipped. :p[/quote]

Well, I didn't lose anything when you look at the big picture. I also needed some PayPal to pay for something and this was a quick way of getting it, so there were more than enough positives to outweigh the negatives in my situation.

bread's done
Back