IGN Reviews Spider-Man 2 for the DS

[quote name='StealthySeal']they just reviewed feel the magic as well![/quote]

I saw that, but when I click on it to, it just goes to the index or scrrenshots. Did you actually get to read the review?

The DS is not a run of the mill, a few more pixels, afew more polygons, etc. sort of system. I'm expecting it to take a while for most developers to really wrap their head around it. Some may never do it but will produce worthwhile games that lack that special DS quality.

I can't lay down and play the DS because of the touch screen control style in a lot of games. That's a big problem, I play handhelds because I like to lay down in my bed, or kick back on the couch and get comfy during my gaming experience. It seems to me though a lot of the stylus control scheme games need to be play of a flat surface.

Just imagine playing in the car on a roadtrip bouncing up and down, with no flat surface, trying to point on the three inch screen at just the right place. It just doesn't seem convienant, but I'll probably buy one anyway.

Alright as for controls while on the road IGN has already covered this somewhere on their site, but anyway the carrying strap that comes with the system has a little square plastic knob on it. So what you do is wrap the strap around your thumb with the knob on the center of your thumb and you end up with perfect analog control!

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I can't lay down and play the DS because of the touch screen control style in a lot of games. That's a big problem, I play handhelds because I like to lay down in my bed, or kick back on the couch and get comfy during my gaming experience. It seems to me though a lot of the stylus control scheme games need to be play of a flat surface.

Just imagine playing in the car on a roadtrip bouncing up and down, with no flat surface, trying to point on the three inch screen at just the right place. It just doesn't seem convienant, but I'll probably buy one anyway.[/quote]

Pick up a PDA and you'll get a good idea of how essential a flat surface is. I can't remember the last time I used mine while it sat on a table or countertop. Bouncy car rides suck for any kind of handheld game that requires precision.

Hello, bottomless pit, I hadn't seen you in a while, but that bump helped me get better acquainted.

I'm not sure if I read it correctly, but it really sounds like IGN gave it a poor grade cause it was 2d, and not like the 3d expansive game that came out for consoles. There was a lot of comparing going on in that article.

bread's done
Back