Ignition licenses CryEngine 3 for new game

sofik88

CAGiversary!
"Ignition London Licences CryEngine 3

Ignition’s flagship title is set for release on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

Ignition Entertainment is pleased to announce today that they have licensed Crytek’s critically acclaimed CryENGINE 3. Ignition, the worldwide publisher/developer, will use CryENGINE 3 for the first game published from its London studio. This flagship title is a uniquely crafted combat action-adventure, set for release on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

It has always been Ignition's mission to push creative and technological limits in their titles, and the London studio will continue this vision by harnessing CryENGINE 3 in their upcoming title. The combination of leading technology and recent additions to the studio management team has placed renewed focus on delivering an outstanding entertainment product.

“For us, the advanced cross-platform technologies offered by Crytek were the natural choice. The comprehensive tools and expert support provided by Crytek, combined with the experience of our team, are already delivering impressive results. In particular, the rapid speed of iteration that can be achieved when using CryENGINE®3 Sandbox™ makes this a tool of choice for anyone seriously intent on delivering AAA cross-platform titles,” said Vijay Chadha, CEO of Ignition Entertainment.

“We’re delighted that Ignition London decided CryENGINE 3 is the only engine capable of achieving the vision for their flagship game. Their team is highly talented with ambitions to create truly state-of-the-art games – and from what we’ve seen already, we’re confident their development will showcase and even enhance the technology in CryENGINE 3. We always work closely with all our licensees and we look forward to achieving amazing things together with Ignition London in the future,” added Carl Jones, Director of Global Business Development CryENGINE at Crytek.

“Ignition has confidence that CryENGINE 3 will help us deliver our objective,” said Vijay Chadha, CEO of Ignition Entertainment.

CryENGINE 3 delivers everything developers need to create AAA games. It is the only solution that provides multi-award winning graphics, physics and AI out of the box. It also introduces CryENGINE®3 Live Create®, the fastest truly cross-platform development solution available. CryENGINE 3 Live Create lets developers simultaneously create and edit game content, in real-time, on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC from a single developer’s PC. "

i have to say, i'm shocked. Ignition would probably be my last pick for developer licensing CryEngine3 considering that they are really small company and they really didn't make any game(i never knew they had development studio).
i though that EA would be the one flooding the market with CryEngine 3 based games since Crytek is owned by EA.
i'm kinda excited for this game since it's Ignition and their track record as publisher - there's hope for some original game from them and not yet another gritty shooter.

also Ignition London is hiring staff so if someone from CAG was lead character artsit here's your chance: http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=72414

Always thought it was a bit strange how almost no developer licenses crytek's engines. I mean, they're demanding but they are very pretty.

[quote name='eddie291']Always thought it was a bit strange how almost no developer licenses crytek's engines. I mean, they're demanding but they are very pretty.[/QUOTE]

I agree, especially with what they are showing with Cryengine 3 being able to very easily develop for all three platforms (360, PS3, and PC).

[quote name='eddie291']Always thought it was a bit strange how almost no developer licenses crytek's engines. I mean, they're demanding but they are very pretty.[/QUOTE]

Cryteks engines are not demanding or hardware intensive. Its some kind of myth going around because it takes a hogs leg of a pc to run their games and since crytek has become known for it they let it run because it gains them free press and attention.

The only reason cryteks games require a heavy pc to run them is because crytek doesnt know how to optimize shit. Their games, all of them run like shit out of the box. They have never released a game that wasnt full of bugs and game breaking problems out of the box and years later never fully resolve them.

Like crysis for instance wouldnt run worth a shit, later on they patched the game and greatly improved its performance across the board but it still has problems. If they had properly trouble shooted and spent time optimizing it further it would run very nicely on any average pc like most games do.

No licenses cryteks engines because they run like shit.

bread's done
Back