Ignoring trade offers

Stormedtrooper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
297 (100%)
If this topic was previously discussed please delete this thread accordingly, after pointing me to the appropriate thread (my search didn't turn up anything) :)

Is it common for people to dismiss trade offers or in some cases just dropping trade discussions? It's a trend I'm seeing more and more lately. Mostly I'm talking about CML type (nonspecific) offers which don't fall into the "I'd like to trade my DVD only copy of *insert any easily found last gen game" for your sealed copy of *insert the most popular recent next gen game" trade realm.

Personally I respond to all offers, because while a trade might not do-able now who knows what both parties may have on their lists in the future? Why not take a few seconds to close the book on the trade offer for the other party?

Am I alone on this? Just curious....

[quote name='Stormedtrooper']If this topic was previously discussed please delete this thread accordingly, after pointing me to the appropriate thread (my search didn't turn up anything) :)

Is it common for people to dismiss trade offers or in some cases just dropping trade discussions? It's a trend I'm seeing more and more lately. Mostly I'm talking about CML type (nonspecific) offers which don't fall into the "I'd like to trade my DVD only copy of *insert any easily found last gen game" for your sealed copy of *insert the most popular recent next gen game" trade realm.

Personally I respond to all offers, because while a trade might not do-able now who knows what both parties may have on their lists in the future? Why not take a few seconds to close the book on the trade offer for the other party?

Am I alone on this? Just curious....[/quote]

This x infinity!

I generally respond unless it's something I have no clue what the fuck is (Example - "Do you still have xxxx" when "xxxx" was something that I've never POSTED about let alone had on my list...) or if it's something completely fucking insane. If somebody expects me to give some recent release for Madden 02 or some other such nonsense, I ignore em. If it's something I can honestly imagine somebody offering in a sane mindset though, I'll respond, even to most CMLs. My problem is sometimes people want a PM response, sometimes through threads... and I rarely check my own thread.

if someone says in a pm

SEE MY LIST and i do not see anything i usually do not pm them back... i dont want to fill up their boxes with

Sorry saw nothing.. then again im a lazzy ass : )

I always try to respond but sometimes don't come on for a while and it slips my mind.
I always say sorry when I take 3 or more days to respond.
I was just going back and forth with someone and after about 3 or pms each he just stopped writing back.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I always try to respond but sometimes don't come on for a while and it slips my mind.
I always say sorry when I take 3 or more days to respond.
I was just going back and forth with someone and after about 3 or pms each he just stopped writing back.[/quote]

Myself as well. I frequently get requests for a trade or sale where I give an answer and won't get a response. It takes about 15 seconds to say "no thanks" if they're not interested but some people just aren't considerate enough to do that. It's probably better anyway, since those type of people would be a hassle to deal with.

bread's done
Back