Ikaruga at BestBuy.com is actually shipping

HYDE

CAGiversary!
I ordered a copy for my little brother (my prodigy) with a $100 bet he couldn't beat it. For the longest time, as we all know, BB was backordered at the $19 price - well, I took a chance since it 'said' it was in stock - I just recieved my shipping confirmation so I guess it actually was.

So - for anyone who wants to pick it up for $19 with free shipping, BB has got them still...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806933405&skuId=5424579&type=product

Now if they would inform me my $10 Gungrave and Skies of Arcadia (ordered in October) are actually cancelled and never shipping, I'd be happy.

I actually just received mine in today, and I ordered last week. I made sure before I ordered this time that it truly was 'in stock'

[quote name='Dale Earnhardt Jr']Anyone know what this game is about[/quote]
It is a top down shooter with the ability to change your ship to absorb the bullets shot at you.

I ordered mine a while ago and received it too about a month ago, didn't realize that people were waiting for it to come in stock.

To the poster looking for it in store - GL, the BB by me have all been sold out for about 6 months.

I got mine the last time that BB shipped. This is near impossible to find B&M, as that their supplies are extremely limited to wherever they are shipping the orders for the .com

It seems that this is in stock all over NJ. Here's a list of stores that have it in stock according to the website.

Woodbridge, NJ
East Brunswick, NJ
Union, NJ
Bridgewater, NJ
Staten Island, NY
E. Hanover, NJ
Holmdel, NJ
Manalapan, NJ
Brooklyn, NY
Rockaway, NJ

EDIT: Nevermind, I think the in store stock level is kind of screwy at Best Buy, it says it is, but then isn't when you try to check out

Is there any way to use a gift card through the website. Doesn't look like it to me, but just want to see if anyone has found a work-around.

[quote name='The-Bavis']Is there any way to use a gift card through the website. Doesn't look like it to me, but just want to see if anyone has found a work-around.[/quote] no you can not. It is on their web site somewhere, same goes for GGC I am assuming since it is packed in with a GC

I thought you could now rub off the silver coated portion of the GC CArd for the hidden number and use that online. I haven't tried it, but asked about it. It does now work at BN.Com. I was under the assumption that the same system worked here.

[quote name='englishboy']I thought you could now rub off the silver coated portion of the GC CArd for the hidden number and use that online. I haven't tried it, but asked about it. It does now work at BN.Com. I was under the assumption that the same system worked here.[/quote]

possibly, but that still wouldn't let you use the $5 off coupon.

[quote name='HYDE']I ordered a copy for my little brother (my prodigy) with a $100 bet he couldn't beat it..[/quote]

What were the conditions? Over time the game is easily beatable, but did you impose a restrcition of "one credit" or "Hard difficulty"? (If you really want that $100 do both :p)

Yeah - basically the rule is - from the second you turn on the game, the default setup is the rule set you have to beat it with. It's been a while since I've played, but I beleive it's arcade mode (or the name equivalent) / 3 lives / 2 continues? I did however say that if he could beat it at all, I'd give him something as well. If he does beat it, I'll truly be old... :/ Of course, the older I get, the less 'all night gaming power' I seem to have while he is hitting his prime. Feh.

Sigh. I asked my father to use his CC to order this and he sounded like he would let me but he didn't give it to me last night. I got it today and now it's back on backorder.

Isn't Ikaruga 19.99 at Gamestop new? I know it is. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I'm waiting for Fry's to mark it down.

MauMau - Even in large cities, like mine (San Diego), Ikaruga is a scarce find. Gamestop is sold out online, both new and preowned (backordered) and I would gladly pay an additional $2 for a new copy over used any day (no matter how cheap I am :) - Even a radius search of gamestops 200 miles around me yielded very few stores with "1-3" potentially in stock (and odds are they are used). In other words, for those who can't find it locally, BB is a great deal. Well, it was... until it went on backorder again...

Yes! My BB order arrived yesterday. Glad I was able to get in on this deal while I did.
btw...The cheapest I have seen this game new at a B&M in the Detroit area was at EB, and it was $36.99 there ! I agree with Hyde, $19.99 with free shipping is good enough for me.

bread's done
Back