IL-2 Sturmovik: $17.99/$19.99 360/PS3 at Amazon

Excellent WWII flight sim. Better than Blazing Angels and well worth 17.xx or 19.xx. However, some folks have found the PS3 version at Target on clearance for under $10. Might you find it cheaper in the future? That can always happen and often does. However, I don't think they printed a gazillion copies of this title either.

I've heard you can use certain PC flight sticks on the PS3 version. Anyone know which ones are supported? I've heard the Saitek X52 is but don't know what others are.

I don't know about flightsticks on PS3 but I will say that it is a pretty fun game. Worlds better than Blazing Angels 2 at least, still not quite as awesome as Secret Weapons Over Normandy.

Pisser that Gamestop doesn't have it. I have credit there and would buy it for $19.99 in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the info OP.

[quote name='tukai']Can you use the flight stick that came with ace combat for the 360 on this?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Technically, you can use any USB flight stick with IL-2 (I think) but the developers have released update patches to support certain ones, so I don't know how well the 360 stick would work. I remember seeing a thread on Sony's or 505 Games message boards about this but can't find it now.

Just to let you all know, it has re-appeared back on the Gamestop site, but is priced at $29.99 for both the PS3 and 360 versions.

Hopefully it has a universal drop soon.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Thanks. Amazon charges me tax, Newegg doesn't.

Still not sure whether I'm willing to bite at this price point. I gotta think it'll continue to drop farther in the near future.[/QUOTE]

This is my POV. I expect New Egg to drop it to $10 by March.

I'm in for the PS3 version...and picked up Darksiders for my son's birthday. $60 for both doesn't seem too bad.

bread's done
Back