IL2-Sturmovik PS3 $19.99; X360 $17.99; DS $14.99 from Amazon

killer ladoo

CAGiversary!
Did a search, did not see this posted yet. My first deal post.

PS3 for $19.99, X360 for $17.99
DS for $14.99

I've seen this drop to around $28 before for the PS3 and X360, but never $20 (please correct me if I'm wrong)

X360: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

PS3: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

DS: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Hope this helps someone out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP. I ordered this back when they had it for $27, but inadvertantly ended up buying the PS3 version instead of the 360. Nothing wrong with the PS3 version, but right after that picked up a flight stick for the 360.

Now I can dump the PS3 one somewhere, and get it even cheaper for the 360!

Sweet first deal, BTW...good job!

[quote name='CaoPi']how does this compare to the Ace COmbat series? I heard the online is pretty dead, guess I'll pass this one[/QUOTE]

You're comparing apples to oranges a little bit there. Ace Combat is mostly about getting and avoiding missile locks on other planes, like most flight games based on modern craft.

Flight games based on WW2 ear planes tend to be more about dog-fighting and bringing enemy planes down with your guns, which is what IL2 is like.

I like both but prefer the WW2 based flight games, and IL2 is one of the best out there IMO.

This game sucked. I flew around the first mission for an hour. No waypoints, no guide, so I could tell what I was suppose to be doing.

Looks cool though.

hmmm, tempting. I dunno, might hold out till it hits $10. Got lots of games on the shelf yet to play, so no rush for this I guess. I do have my eye on it though...

Awesome. Bought it without a moment's hesitation. One of my good friends who's an amateur pilot swears by this game on PC, so I've been wanting to try it for a while.

Had a $5 credit from Amazon fouling up my ME2 release date deliver, so it came out to $14.99.

Do you think this is a permanent price drop? I have a huge backlog so I'm just wondering if I have time to wait it out without risking it being back at $30 for a long time.

I think that it may be a permanent price drop, based on how amazon presents the price (since they don't have a MSRP price crossed out showing the percentage savings you are getting).

However, gamestop currently says that the price drop only went down to the $30 mark.

If you have a backlog, and don't want to spend the cash, I'm sure this will hit $20 again over the next few months. The only risk in that is that this goes out of print and becomes a bit harder to attain. But I'm not sure how long games from 505 Games stay on print.

Personally, I also have a larger backlog but bought my copy since I enjoyed the demo.

I saw a pile of these on clearance at a Target a week ago, can't remember how much they were though. I think $22.98 or around there.

[quote name='lawdood']Sold out for PS3.

EDIT: backordered 2-4 weeks.[/QUOTE]
seems like ppl exploiting the glitch that trading in price of PS3 version was $22.5 :lol:

[quote name='Jonsoncao']seems like ppl exploiting the glitch that trading in price of PS3 version was $22.5 :lol:[/QUOTE]

So... a big fat $7.50 profit (minus shipping) for trading in the max. 3 copies? :/

IL 2 is a solid game and I give it a lot of respect. The game is extremley challenging if you are playing it at on advanced or expert. I wish that the controls weren't as touchy though. I recommend turning the sensitivity down so that you don't stall your plane every 10 seconds.

You guys think I should order the ps3 version, even if it's going to take 2 weeks or so before I get it? I have a 10 dollar credit from buying mag that I should use up, so it'd be like 10 bucks shipped.

Happy that this hit the sweet price spot for me. When I played the demo, I loved the controls and the dense formations. I have my Ace Combat 6 controller that I need to use.

If anybody buys the 360 version and wants a DLC code for some extra planes, let me know. I've had it since the game's release so I'm willing to trade it for pretty much anything other than 48h codes :)

Back down to 19.99 for PS3 but back up to 32.xx for 360. Last week when this was 19.99 for 360, I bought a "like new" copy from Amazon Warehouse for 16.99 FSSS (using Prime). It came shrink wrapped but the seal at the top of the case was missing. Case and instructions were perfect. The disc had very light scratches but works perfectly. I'm a really cheap CAG so I now will buy games from Amazon Warehouse.

bread's done
Back