Illegal IGN Sweepstakes?

fritter

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...

IGN just tweeted a link to this sweepstakes:

http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/secret-world

It says you must be a IGN Prime Subscriber in order to enter. If you click on "Enter to Win!", it takes you to the sign up page for IGN Prime - with no free option.
With other contests like this, there is usually something in the rules about mailing a 3 x 5 card to them or whatever as an alternate form of entry. However, on their rules page (which isn't even linked on the sweeps page), it says no purchase required, but they don't have any alternate option:

http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/secret-world/rules

Now, my question is:
Isn't having a sweepstakes with a required purchase illegal because it counts as a lottery? And doesn't a subscription count as a purchase?

Maybe someone in their marketing department forgot to add an alternate entry method, but right now it seems wrong to me.

its not rong its like belonging 2 a club like sams club u havew 2 pay 2 purchase something but that is not illegal get real...my dad gets home from worki n an hour he isa lwayer i can ask him 4 clarification but until then i say its legal.

Your dad's a lawyer... Man, the apple falls far from the tree.

Also, I don't think it's illegal in every state. They might also have some really convoluted secret way to enter that they don't really want people to use. Who knows. You would imagine they'd have some kind of backup plan.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Your dad's a lawyer... Man, the apple falls far from the tree.

Also, I don't think it's illegal in every state. They might also have some really convoluted secret way to enter that they don't really want people to use. Who knows. You would imagine they'd have some kind of backup plan.[/QUOTE]
stop mjake fun of me i am not retarded i am high functioning autistic. i am not a lawyer and dont plan on being one just becus he is so shut up....i want 2 go into game designs.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Your dad's a lawyer... Man, the apple falls far from the tree.

Also, I don't think it's illegal in every state. They might also have some really convoluted secret way to enter that they don't really want people to use. Who knows. You would imagine they'd have some kind of backup plan.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's just that they usually have a place to mail something in (not that I do that anyway). I guess maybe they found a loophole or something. Thanks for the answer.

[quote name='namispep']stop mjake fun of me i am not retarded i am high functioning autistic. i am not a lawyer and dont plan on being one just becus he is so shut up....i want 2 go into game designs.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if trolling or...

[quote name='namispep']stop mjake fun of me i am not retarded i am high functioning autistic. i am not a lawyer and dont plan on being one just becus he is so shut up....i want 2 go into game designs.[/QUOTE]

See, now you guys have to feel bad for picking on him. I get that grammatical errors aren't fun to read. But if the kid's got legitimate problems, you can't give him shit for that. It could have been you.

bread's done
Back