I'm a dad, again.

Squirms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well I'm finally back at work, after having my 2nd child on Wednesday. A 6 lb., 8 oz. girl. I don't remember being so overcome with joy when I had my boy 4 years ago. Don't know if it's the fact that I'm now a little more mature than I was back then, or if it is because it's a girl. All I know is that I am the happiest I've been in quite a long time. I'll post pics once I get them scanned in so that everyone can see just how perfect she is.

Posting pictures is only the first step.

Next week you will be nominating her for a nobel prize.

One of my neighbors had a kid last year and she is the smartest genius in the world and superior to everyone else, to good to play with other kids, etc.

Don't do that. Its a downward spiral.

Heh, just havin fun with you, man.
Congratulation, and happy saving for college =]

A girl? Congratulations, but you're on a road to early death now, you know that, right?

[quote name='jmcc']A girl? Congratulations, but you're on a road to early death now, you know that, right?[/quote]

Yeah, I am aware of my impending doom. I do think I'll have a rather fun time putting the fear of God into little pimply faced teens that she will date once she reaches high school. Thinking of fashioning a holster into my Lay-Z-Boy that will hold my shotgun for when they come to pick her up.

[quote name='johnnyoski']Congratulations man.

I'm only a month and half away from being a first time dad.[/quote]

Ha. Me too - I'm only 4 weeks away and it's freaking me out! I can't wait...

Congrats to the OP too!

[quote name='el bobo']Well, make sure to turn her into a gamer, a cheap ass gamer. Congrats![/quote]

That's a given. I've turned my son into a gamer already, and she spend Saturday in my arms while I played Simpsons: Hit and Run, then we watched Ghostbusters.

[quote name='Squirms'][quote name='jmcc']A girl? Congratulations, but you're on a road to early death now, you know that, right?[/quote]

Yeah, I am aware of my impending doom. I do think I'll have a rather fun time putting the fear of God into little pimply faced teens that she will date once she reaches high school. Thinking of fashioning a holster into my Lay-Z-Boy that will hold my shotgun for when they come to pick her up.[/quote]

Congratulations! I think a discrete rifle above the fireplace is discouragement enough for would be suitors, though. Perhaps a sword, or similar edged-weapon?

See, now that's perfect. Your son will be just old enough to start kicking some ass when your daughter reaches the age that boys start calling.

[quote name='Randomthts']Congrats brah! Make sure she's a gamer =)[/quote]

Good call on that, you can make the future a better place by raising a girl gamer.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']See, now that's perfect. Your son will be just old enough to start kicking some ass when your daughter reaches the age that boys start calling.[/quote]

That's what I'm hoping, he's already very protective of her and runs out to the living room whenever she's crying to see if he can help.

Congrats to you and your family. My wife and I are expecting our second child this January. My son was born three months premature so we're just hoping for a healthy full term baby.

I remember a friend’s uncle, who has two daughters, telling me “If you have a son, you only have to worry about one dick. If you have a daughter, you have to worry about thousands of dicks.” It’s funny because it’s true.

Welcome back to not sleeping through the night! :)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Try not to be all crazy over-protective with her. That's what happens sometimes with the second child.[/quote]

And also the fact that the younger child is also a girl.

---

Congrats!

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Try not to be all crazy over-protective with her. That's what happens sometimes with the second child.[/quote]

[/quote]

I unfortunately got the 'best' of both worlds. :roll:
Be protective, just don't be way too protective.

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Try not to be all crazy over-protective with her. That's what happens sometimes with the second child.[/quote]

---

Congrats![/quote]

My wife's parents were crazily protective of her, and she hated it. So we are not going to be nearly as strict with her as my wife's parents were.

Congrats man, kids are the best thing that can happen to you if you're willing to be a parent.

Besides marrying my wife, my children are the best things that have ever happened to me. I can honestly say my two girls and my wife are my best friends in the world.

I genuinely have so much fun around them and love to just see them smile.

I want to wish you the best, man!

bread's done
Back