I'm a gamer, but I'm terrible. Could anyone help me out?

donteatsoap7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have gears 2, halo 3, and other games that I NEED to get better at. I'm not even good at puzzle games (lumines) Idk what it is but I just suck. If anyone could add me and truly help me out (mostly with Halo), I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

I'm not very good at games either. I play games mostly for the stories which are almost always the same even when played on easy...

I usually play games for fun. I play em on easy too. If I want to play online, I try to make a team that can either work well together and we go into objective based games. It helps my bro is a pro gamer and some of my friends are some of the best at games like CoD and Halo (they go 3:1 on KDR, I go 0.5:1 but I help out more than they realize with assist and comms). I've also played games for 20 years now give or take if I started around 6 years old (I don't keep track).

Games like Halo take practice and great hand-eye coordination. Won't come overnight or even 3 months from now. I've played Halo since day 1 of Halo 1, and I get owned bad on Halo 3, but I avoid the eventual deathmatch modes. Practice will make you way better, example, my sister never played games on this generation until L4D2, she was very bad at it, but loved it and kept playing and found some good teammates. 2 months later, she has all 1000 gamerscore on both L4D1 and L4D2 and beats it on the hardest difficulty easily cause she kept playing it and got used to it.

Don't give up and don't let emotions get the best of you.

When I start racking up deathstreaks on MW2, the more I curse and get angry. I'll play worse and start running straight into rooms without checking corners, throwing flashbangs, totally miss shots, etc. I'll usually end up on the wrong end of some Akimbo Shotties... :(

Watch YouTube videos of some gameplay from good players, look for podcasts on your favorite game, etc. Maybe even a strategy guide would help?

[quote name='abouttandoutt']Yea like some of the other advice gaming is just something that has to come onto you over time you'll get better =D[/QUOTE]Exactly. How old are you and how long have been gaming. I'm 28 now and started when I got a NES when I was 5. I'm no pro but as posted above....gotta learn to ride the pony before you ride the horse!

Don't sweat it, like everyone says "practice makes you better"'. Everyone was a newbie before they got better. Even after you get better, there will still be bad days/rounds. Example, friend of mine and I have been through MW2 about 4-5 times and just the other nite he had a multiplayer round where he went 0-15. At the end of the day it's all about having fun playing the games.

[quote name='donteatsoap7']I'm 17 and started about 10 years ago with sonic but I never even got too far on that.[/QUOTE]

You got about four or five years of good practice time coming up if you go to college.

[quote name='Lokki']up up down down left right left right B A start[/QUOTE]

to go along with this: iddqd

Boon: I gotta work on my game.
Otter: No, no, no, don't think of it as work. The whole point is just to enjoy yourself.

L4D is pretty n00b friendly.
GIve it a shot.
Also Halo 3 as well if you play in ranked matches.

MW2 is DEF NOT n00b friendly, especially not online. Talk about getting fed to the wolves...

The best advice for getting better at any game is practice. Play the game online and make a habit of playing it daily. Also play with people better than you. Watch how they react and how they play and try and emulate their style. With that being said come up with your own strategies and try them out. Eventually you will find a nice mix. I personally suggest too that you focus on one game at a time. Especially if they are FPS because even though all FPS games are similar most require different skill levels and different approaches and strategies as to how they should be played. Last but not least have fun. Video games are meant as entertainment and it is just stupid to get really upset over them. Hope this helps.

~An Avid Gamer

[quote name='Puffa469']You got about four or five years of good practice time coming up if you go to college.[/QUOTE]

This

You should play game to have fun though, I've been playing for over 20 years now and I get waxed when I play online, no matter what the game is. That being said, if anyone is looking for an ass beating in NHL '94, come see me!

bread's done
Back