Im a new ps3 owner please help me choose some games. Ty :)

ZiggyGod

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
Hi all!

Ive had an :360: for 5 years and I finally got a brand new slim 160 :ps3: today for $200 and I was wondering what exclusive :ps3: games should I get? I already bought Uncharted 1 & 2 bundle. Also, ive tried Resistance 1 & Killzone 1-2 at friends houses in the past and I always found them to stiff or clunky. Oh ive also played and beaten all 4 MGS games too. I dont want any multiplatform games because those im going to get on :360: for achievement purposes always lol.

So besides those 3 exclusive sony franchises what other games should I check out? Also what exclusive PSN games out there? Cuz I love and own a ton of XBLA games. Here are some games im thinking about getting tell me if I should waste my time on them or not.

God of War: Collection
God of War 3
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
Little Big Planet 2
Flower
Flow
Journey
LocoRoco Cocoreccho

Thanks for all your suggestions and help! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Demons Souls and Heavy Rain. As for PSN, I loved PixleJunk's Shooter and Fat Princess, though I don't know if anyone is really still playing that one. CML if you want, I have several PS3 games for trade and have been looking for some older 360 exclusives.

To your list and Tronny's suggestions, I'd add:
Valkyria Chronicles - A great SRPG, if you're willing to give it a try. I'm not a huge SRPG fan but I loved this game.
inFamous 1 & 2 - A great series that's often overlooked.
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time and Tools of Destruction - Very fun platformers.

Flower was amazing but I'd actually suggest avoiding fl0w. It kinda sucks. Instead, go try out some PS1 games you haven't played. For the Uncharteds, don't play the first before the second. The first one is great but the second one is significantly better and would make the first one feel dated to you.

I'm also new to PS3, but I'm a returning PS2 owner, so it's not that different. Well actually, HD and Blu-Ray is very different.

The inFamous 2 - 320GB bundle was my entry point. Plus, I've been dying to play GoWIII since I beat I & II yrs ago. So reading what folks have been posting and recommending, plus checking the highest ranked IGN scores, these were my 'exclusive' purchases even before plugging the system in for the initial firmware update:

1) God of War III - $19.99 @Best Buy
2) God of War Collection - $14.99 @Best Buy [Greatest Hits]
3) inFamous I - $19.99 @Fry's [Greatest Hits]
4) inFamous II - included in bundle @Target
5) Uncharted Dual Pack - $29.99 @Fry's [Greatest Hits]
6) Heavy Rain - $19.99 @Fry's [Greatest Hits]

8 of the Best on PS3 for only $105 + $328 for console w/HDMI cable. I'm gonna be a very happy gamer for a long long time...

Now, I'm just wondering which Blu-Rays are worth buying? Ahhh.... =)

1. 3D Dot Game Heroes (if you're a retro game fan)
2. Yakuza 3 and 4 (if you like action RPGs, it's a vastly underrated franchise)
3. You may want to also check out the God of War Origins collection as you play through the God of War Collection. One of those two is actually a prequel to the original GOW I believe.
4. LittleBIGPlanet 1 and 2 (really good games).

psn games:

wipeout hd
dead nation
super stardust hd
pixeljunk monsters
pixeljunk shooter 1 and 2
joe danger
echochrome (if you like puzzlers)

disc:

ratchet and clank series

you can get ps2 games too i think if you have never played kingdom hearts get 1 and 2. also the battlefields are good idk if you play them on xbox..Ratchet and Clank are debatable some like that series, and some dont. I don't lol but a lot of my friends do. If you like baseball MLB the show is out of the ball park (haha) its 20,000 times better then 2K and its only for ps3 so i would get that. Definitely get GOWIII. i have never played a GOW game till then and i thought it was one of the best games i have ever played.
And the last game i will tell you about is Heavy Rain. Its an amazing game, i never thought that type of game was available and that a game that complex could be created at this time. I thought it was unbelievable

[quote name='jgiovanni']you should Pick Up Heavenly Sword as well.[/QUOTE]

Heavenly Sword - Great game. Try Motorstorm series for cheap racing thrills.

IGN's Top 25 PS3 Games:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1060027p1.html

01) Uncharted 2
02) Mass Effect 2
03) Fallout 3
04) Portal 2
05) Heavy Rain
06) Red Dead Redemption
07) Infamous 2
08) Batman Arkham Asylum
09) LBP 2
10) GTA IV
11) God of War III
12) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
13) BioShock
14) Catherine
15) Vanquish
16) Infamous
17) Dead Space 2
18) MGS4
19) Fallout: New Vegas
20) Valkyria Chronicles
21) Borderlands
22) Resistance: Fall of Man
23) Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in TIme
24) Demon's Souls
25) Burnout Paradise
+ Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

As a fellow newer ps3 owner, I would recommend checking out the gamesharing thread post haste. If you ever host parties, I think singstar is pretty great.

Valkyria Chronicles if have any interest in anime related things, MGS4 if you are a fan, Ninja Gaiden Sigma if you haven't played them on Xbox360 but want a great action game, Demon Souls if you're a masochist, ICO/ Shadow of the Colossus collection if you haven't played any of them and Killzone 3 if you are into FPS (plot doesnt matter so you don't need Killzone 2)

bread's done
Back