I'm about to get a negative :(

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
I guess I be getting a neg soon! say bye bye to my 117-0 perfect record :(

Here the story:

Buyer: Hi, this is my 2nd time emailing you. My son says that the game bought from you doesn't work and there a crack on the disc. Therefore, I want a full refund.
Reply: I'm sorry I didn't reply back because I been busy studying. I'm sure the game does work since I did tested and another thing, there a crack on both game disc. You sure you son didn't do that. You know what, just send the game back to me and I gladly do refund. Sorry, thanks!
2nd reply back: If possible, can you please take a picture of the crack game. If you do that, don't bother sending the game back and just keep it okay. I will refund your money back asap as you provide me with the pictures. thanks
Buyer: You have to take my words for it, the game doesn't work because there a crack on it and don't be blaming my son. My son doesn't lie. Sorry, I don't have a camera and I'm too busy to send the game back. I just want a refund, if not, I will leave a negative feedback. thanks

P.S. I can always do charge back.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know she lying and just want to keep the game. I just don't know why she doing this for $15. I haven't reply back yet. I might refund her $15 back and hopefully, I get a positive feedback.

"I won't send the game back" That should tell you something right there. Tell her /himyou'll refund the shipping, if they still refuse it's more than likely a scam. If she gives you anymore shit and does a chargeback, dispute it until she sends you the game. I'm sick of people trying to use ebay as a way of getting free stuff. If that doesn't work, sign her up for a bunch of..."magazines"....

Have you left feedback OP? Also, who the hell can't go buy a disposable camera? I mean, if she has the money to buy games off of ebay, I would assume it wouldn't be too difficult to go buy a damn camera! :roll:

[quote name='BIG5']That sucks. Could it have cracked in the mail, though?[/QUOTE]

that is impossible. I put tissue inside the insert case to hold the disc in place. I even tape it shut. I even stated that if you do not buy insurance and item gets lost or damaged I will not be held responsible.

[quote name='Rig']Have you left feedback OP? Also, who the hell can't go buy a disposable camera? I mean, if she has the money to buy games off of ebay, I would assume it wouldn't be too difficult to go buy a damn camera! :roll:[/QUOTE]

no I haven't left feedback yet.

notify ebay and report it. She may have done this before and was reported by other ebay members. This happened to my brother the winner of the auction claimed not to have recieved an item and recieved charge back by contacting thier credit card company, my brother immediatedly contacted ebay and a couple of days later he was refunded his money. Come to find out person had a reputation for pulling such stunts. Again report this to ebay so that a record caan be established and that if sdhe tries this again she'll now or maybe already has a history and she'll get caught.

[quote name='postaboy']no I haven't left feedback yet.[/QUOTE]

"Assure" her that her leaving you a negative will also affect her too.

Well, if she leaves you a negative than you just leave her one as well.
That is all you can do if she doesn't want to send the game back.
"no time to send the game back" = BS

[quote name='Rig']"Assure" her that her leaving you a negative will also affect her too.[/QUOTE]

I don't think she cares. The last feedback for her was like 2 years ago. She only has like 8 postive feedback.

Well I guess I would tell her that if she doesn't have the time to send you the game back then you do not have the time to send her a refund. fucking scammers... What a piece of shit. I wish people would see it from the other person's point of view...

Check their feedback to see if they've cheated other sellers in the past.

I had a similar situation happen to me. I sold a Game Gear that had a small scratch on the surface of the screen. This guy said the unit was unplayable and demanded a full refund plus shipping. I contacted about a dozen sellers that sold to that person. Four of them emailed me with similar stories of being blackmailed into refunds under threat of negative feedbacks. Funny thing is this guy listed it on Half.com with a very minor scratch while he was trying to get a refund out of me. I got a negative, but I so much enjoyed telling him to get bent.

Always, always, always put "as is" in your listing and only give refunds minus shipping. Your auction is a LEGAL contract to transact business and you have to cover all your bases. Never waiver from your stated policy. Once you change the rules for him like you did in your emails, he knows he can manipulate you into doing anything he wants.

I always include a "no warranties given or implied" statement as well. It could have gotten damaged during shipping anyway, which leads to a whole different discussion of insurance.

You should force this guy to ship the damaged disk back to you if it is really broken. Since you're probably going to get a negative no matter what you do, you might as well make him earn his refund or make him pay for the negative he will inevitably leave. I would.

the game may be perfectly fine but if she sends it to you she will definately put a crack in it its you lose either way. so just report it and fight against the charge back if its worth it to you.

*In my opinion i think you should fight just out of principle but that just my opinion

First, I totally think this is a scam and you are in the right. However, you may have a neg, but that won't be a big deal in the grand scheme of things, trust me. One nut does nothing in the face of lots of excellence.

That being said, you were pretty cranky in the first reply. Think about how you might react if you walked into a store with a game that didn't work and the clerk started saying "you sure YOU didn't do that?" Been there, it got me livid!

What I do is simply say (and I post it in the auction) "If you return the game within 7 days, along with the case and manual (if that applies), I will be happy to refund your money."

You'd be amazed at how many games suddenly don't come back. Many do come back, and lo and behold, they work, so I sell them again. If you want to make a solid record, a little customer service, even if sometimes you get screwed, goes a long way.

And hey, even if you everything right, sometimes people are nuts. I had a guy, game didn't work, he returned to sender, so he wasn't out a thin dime, as I refunded his money, and he still left negative. Like I said, nutters!

This sounds very wrong on their part.

They say its cracked and refuse to provide any evidence.
Then they say their son doesnt lie.

You said if they didnt buy the shipping insurance you wouldnt be held responsible if anything happened, so its their fault, and you offer to refund them if they provide some proof which they dont. I say fight it out and dont let the person get their money back. Dont let them send it back either because I also believe they will just put a crack in it and send it back. It may only be $15, but dont let them get it back when it looks like they are trying to scam you.

But the thing is, just about everyone on eBay knows that people can be assholes so if you have just 1 negative people will understand, I also however realize that you are proud of your 117-0 record as you should be, sorry to say this but you got screwed.

Did you use delivery confirmation? I'm asking because they threatened a chargeback. If they go for the item not received claim, the delivery confirmation # is of course needed. If they go for the "not as described" claim, they have to send the game back before Paypal will give them their money back and that's only if Paypal sides with the buyer (if they side with you, then they don't get the money back).

If you're sure you are going to get a negative out of this, just hope that they get really angry and put a curse word in the feedback left for you. EBay will remove negative feedback that has vulgar language and it won't count against your record. That happened to me with my 2nd negative feedback and it got removed.

I love how she threatened with a chargeback. Did you do delivery confirmation? If not, you're most likley screwed. I'm having a problem now with a poster I sold on ebay. Guy paid, opted not to for insurance, and says a week later it was not received. I mailed out 4 other posters that day, yet his hasn't arrived yet (and he lives in the same state as I do). Yet in my auction, i stated"IF YOU DON'T BUY INSURANCE, I AM NOT LIABLE FOR LOST MAILINGS". Yet you know, paypal WILL side with them.

I'd say it's a scam and since the item is worth so little they expect that you would rather refund the money than take the negative.

However this ends up if they don't offer some form of proof I hope you leave them a negative to warn future sellers.

[quote name='postaboy']I guess I be getting a neg soon! say bye bye to my 117-0 perfect record :(

Here the story:

Buyer: Hi, this is my 2nd time emailing you. My son says that the game bought from you doesn't work and there a crack on the disc. Therefore, I want a full refund.
Reply: I'm sorry I didn't reply back because I been busy studying. I'm sure the game does work since I did tested and another thing, there a crack on both game disc. You sure you son didn't do that. You know what, just send the game back to me and I gladly do refund. Sorry, thanks!
2nd reply back: If possible, can you please take a picture of the crack game. If you do that, don't bother sending the game back and just keep it okay. I will refund your money back asap as you provide me with the pictures. thanks
Buyer: You have to take my words for it, the game doesn't work because there a crack on it and don't be blaming my son. My son doesn't lie. Sorry, I don't have a camera and I'm too busy to send the game back. I just want a refund, if not, I will leave a negative feedback. thanks

P.S. I can always do charge back.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know she lying and just want to keep the game. I just don't know why she doing this for $15. I haven't reply back yet. I might refund her $15 back and hopefully, I get a positive feedback.[/QUOTE]

P.S. I can always do a charge back... this is shitty, sounds like her son doesn't lie often or something. Like she isn't shady, she sounds like one of those moron's I used to serve at the olive garden, muthafruggers ALWAYS LOOKIN FOR FREE FOOD, even if I was nice and hooked it all up people still wanna complain.

Don't get me wrong, I love free stuff and I know other people love free stuff, but I guess we all have our own codes to work by when gettin free stuff.

Good luck with everything OP

Ethics come into play. Don't know why the buyer would be difficult in returning the game, unless they were trying to scam you. Sounds like a lose/lose situation. Just a case of a few bad apples ruining things.

Ignore everyone's theories on what might have/could have/probably did happen.

The bottom line: You can prove it was delivered with her email, but I'm guessing she can still do a chargeback by saying the game was misrepresented.

If I were you, I would tell her send the game back or no refund. Then make her do all the work if she wants to go through Paypal or her credit card company and stop stressing over it because there's nothing you can do about it.

If she negs you, neg her back. If she sends you back a cracked disc, there's just nothing you can do about it. But the negative feedback is really the only position of "power" you hold.

I have found that when I am suspicious of people and express it in an email, nothing ever gets resolved. You've already ticked this lady off by accusing her kid. Let's face it, there is a fair chance the Post Office did the Mexican Hat Dance on your game before delivering it (Some of the envelopes I've seen delivered have blown my mind - I'd love to know how they got so trashed). If you were in their position and the game really did have a crack, how would you like being told that you (or someone else) was lying? To me, the buyer is at fault for threatening you after you offered a refund, but you just can't hold the *possibility* that her kid is lying against her. I'm too sleepy to form any more cognitive thoughts. But I will finish with this.

I was very frustrated when I got my first neg too. But it's like getting the first ding in your new car. It's actually a relief to get one because then you finally stop agonizing over trying to protect it. My first neg set me free. Once I realized nobody cares about 100% Vs. 99.8%, thieves and swindlers lost their hold on me and my account. They want to play games? Go ahead. Send me a threatening email about negative feedback. I'll do the right thing but your threatening email has NO bearing on my decision so drop the bully routine because I don't negotiate with bullies.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Did you use delivery confirmation? I'm asking because they threatened a chargeback. If they go for the item not received claim, the delivery confirmation # is of course needed. If they go for the "not as described" claim, they have to send the game back before Paypal will give them their money back and that's only if Paypal sides with the buyer (if they side with you, then they don't get the money back).[/QUOTE]
Ditto what he said. I'm guessing they will go for the misrepresentation route, since they said in all their emails the game was cracked. If they plan to get a refund through Paypal, they are going to have to return it to you anyways. So you offering them to just send a picture in order to get a refund was already very generous. Do you qualify for seller protection? I ask this in case they do a credit card chargeback, and I think Paypal Seller Protection is supposed to deal with that.

Maybe you didn't give the best reply at first, but the buyer is totally full of it. My son doesn't lie, I don't have a camera, no time to send back, blah blah blah. I think you should contact eBay and report them for threatening you with a chargeback and negative (maybe borderline feedback extortion? dunno).

Wow, shitty situation.

You probably shouldn't have thrown in the accusation of them causing the damage themselves in the original e-mail, especially since you were offering to give a refund in the same e-mail anyway.

That aside, you were REALLY generous to offer to give the refund with just a digital picture as proof.

As a seller I'm always going to require the item to be returned to me before giving a full refund. Only exception would be if the package is lost in the mail. In that case they obviously don't have anything to send back and I'd just refund the money. (Without DC you gotta take their word on that.)

They are basically trying to extort a refund out of you using feedback. Go to eBay now on this one if you are so inclined and see what they say.

Go here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html
Choose
Problems with other members
Feedback concerns
User threatens to leave neg feedback if demands aren't met.

You get to paste in the e-mail from her (include headers) and explain that you've offered a refund once they send the item back to which the buyer has sent this e-mail holding up your perfect feedback for ransom.

EDIT: Heh, judyx3 and I think alike. I agree. She may not consider this feedback extortion but she stupidly left the door open for the OP to raise that complaint with the way she phrased her e-mail. This buyer is trying to keep the item AND get a full refund. eBay should put the smack down.

I'm seriously cheering at the use of the system to get this woman, especially what wubb posted. just awesome.

I pretty much agree with some of what's been said. You shouldn't have made any accusations. However, the way she phrased her emails really indicates she's trying to take advantage of you.

Try offering again that if she returns it, you will pay for the shipping and refund her the money she originally paid. That is a really great offer, and the fact that she's refusing is just another indication of trying to get something for nothing.

In the meantime, I would report her to eBay. You have plenty of proof that shows you offered a resolution and she's threatening you regardless. I think you have a pretty good case.

I had a something like this happen to me. All you have to do is put her in her place. Say that you have contacted ebay in regards to the issue and you are still willing to fix the problem but only if she returns the game. State that you are also to busy to be dealing with problems like this and that ebay has policies in place that would back up your side of the problem.

Sorry, I don't have a camera and I'm too busy to send the game back. I just want a refund, if not, I will leave a negative feedback. thanks

no shit it's a scam.

What's this buyers name? I may have dealt with her-- I just had someone pull similar stuff with this "my son said it didn't work" crap. This game was in excellent shape. But she did send it back promptly and granted my request of a tracking number. Then I checked her feedback and noticed she had negs for the same game(Lunar SSS) and bought mine cause it was the cheapest.
I think people pose as mothers a lot on ebay, for sympathy or something.

oh yeah, just got my first neg too, it hasn't changed anything. people still buy stuff from me and I can still buy from others :)

That kind of crap is why I rarely use eBay anymore. That and the fact that it's nearly impossible to get a good deal on it these days. People go crazy with their bidding.

To issue a refund for an item it needs to be sent back to you. As long as you shipped to a confirmed address and used delivery confirmation, PayPal should side with you. If they charged it on a card it could be another story. Negatives are going to happen, no matter who good of a seller you are. It sucks, but take it and move on. Leave a good response under their negative to explain the situation. Hang on to the email and possibly forward it on to Ebay to investigate feedback blackmail. It probably won't get you anywhere, but it's worth a try.

Personally, I would have nothing against buying from someone with 100+ positive feedback and only one neg. How many people have perfect ratings anyway?

Yea that sucks you're dealing with a scammer. Take the negative and report him. Reply to the negative feedback and give an explanation of what the person did.

I've never had any real problems as a seller on ebay...but I mostly sell random crap or cards I don't want anymore. Most scammers go after computer equipment/ipods/video game stuff in my experience.

[quote name='Bune']as said before, she could just crack the disc herself and then what?[/QUOTE]

Then she wouldn't have a game at all. She would be out a game and out shipping costs.

[quote name='siamesellama']Then she wouldn't have a game at all. She would be out a game and out shipping costs.[/QUOTE]
and he would be out the game and listing fees and the money from selling the game. which is worse?

[quote name='Bune']and he would be out the game and listing fees and the money from selling the game. which is worse?[/QUOTE]
Well, he would lose all that anyways if the woman wasn't scamming.

bread's done
Back