I'm conducting an experiment in 2013

TravistyOJ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey fellow CAGs, I just wanted to start a thread about a new blog I'll be writing next year about an experiment in digital media. Basically, I am forcing myself to go exclusively digital with all of my media purchases in 2013. I like getting my stuff digitally, but there's always lots of bizarre caveats to sift through, and some titles aren't even available day 1 in a digital format. The idea is to document an entire year worth of the weird decisions and sacrifices that have to be made and share my results with the world. Hopefully it's something that could make the whole thing better for consumers. I also plan to compare total digital purchases to the cheapest available physical purchases, to illustrate that digital media is often more expensive than physical, despite the lower distribution costs.

My blog is at digitallyexclusive.com

I've always been interested/baffled at how companies choose to slice up digital licensing rights. There's almost always weird give-and-takes that just make the whole thing hard to navigate, and the idea is to just be a sounding board about it.

So check it out, and keep an eye on it. The more CAGS interested and reading, the more it makes the whole experiment fun.

Sounds interesting, especially since there are always rumors floating around about all digital console releases. I look forward to seeing how it all works out.

Cool idea, I sometimes think I should go all digital to curtail buying games I don't want or will never get to but have yet to make that plunge. At this point though I do like having stuff digitally and prefer the convenience of it. I also like the idea of less "stuff" at this point. It is more pricey though and the non-resell nature of digital is annoying. Good luck with the experiment.

bread's done
Back