I'm curious... How would you respond to this?

moo

CAGiversary!
A guy won an auction of mine about 2 weeks ago and I give 8 business days to receive payment. He emails me on the 11th asking me if I had received his payment and I replied that I hadn't.

I wait until the 17th and file an Unpaid Item Dispute and he replies
"Can you select we agreed not to complete the transaction? You will still get your fees back."

...wth?

well I would just let him have his way and be done with it... It isn't really worth you time.. Don't give him a negative and he won't give you one. It sucks but you still get your fees back.. In the end is it worth giving him a negative?

I just wish he would've told me that he changed his mind. He never communicated with me at all other than that one email. :/

[quote name='moo']I just wish he would've told me that he changed his mind. He never communicated with me at all other than that one email. :/[/quote]

For that, I would make sure he recieved an unpaid item strike. Plus, you said he emailed you and asked if you had recieved payment; he obviously did NOT send the payment or he would not have suggested a mutal agreement to not complete the sale.

Sounds like he has not had intentions to go through with the purchase for a while. That is a violation of eBay, and a waste of your time. Close the dispute w/ never recieving payment, he recieves unpaid item strike (unless he does this alot he will not get banned) and you recieve your fees back. Unless he leaves negative feedback, don't leave any feedback at all .. as it will only result in you recieving a negative as well.

if he was to leave a negative, can he just ask ebay to take the guys negative away? I never done it but I heard some people doing that.

[quote name='lilchubz11']if he was to leave a negative, can he just ask ebay to take the guys negative away? I never done it but I heard some people doing that.[/quote]

You can mutually remove a negative... I believe

[quote name='Herbsnverbs']For that, I would make sure he recieved an unpaid item strike.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

He wasted the time and instead of being up front and just deciding to fuck around and wants a pass, hells no.

[quote name='lilchubz11']if he was to leave a negative, can he just ask ebay to take the guys negative away? I never done it but I heard some people doing that.[/quote]

If you get him really pissed off and he says some off the wall stuff in a feedback comment you can send eBay an email and they will remove it.

I'd politely tell him that you can't do that because you did not agree to not complete the sale. It's possible he'll freak out about getting a NBP strike and end up paying you to avoid it. I wouldn't hold my breath, but it could happen. Depends on how much FB he has and if he uses that account to sell as well as buy.

I'd also not leave negative feedback, just the NPB strike. But that's me. I've heard that if a buyer gets a NPB strike they can't leave FB for the seller but I'm not sure on that.

at this point I would be uncertain. Something like this happened to me last month. The person won my auction and simply lied about sending the payment. A week later I find out the buyer closed their account. You could threaten them with a NPB strike but if they run off like the a$$hole in my case you'll just be refunded your listing and seller fees from ebay. I think you should ask him to refund you for your listing and seller fees first. If not you can threaten him or go through with his suggestion (although I'm not sure if you get your fees refunded though). If you don't mind receiving a negative then you can leave him one and give him a NPB strike.

He told me what happened. He says he won the same game from another user earlier that same day he won mine and accidently emailed me after already buying it from the other person. Sounds blah to me since he never noticed that until now.

I looked at his bidding history and he seems to be very bid happy. He's won 27 auctions in the past 30 days and it's all rare games or final fantasy related statues. o_o

He has a feedback score of 726, 98.9% positive feedback, and 12 mutually withdrawn ratings.

I have a measly 53 feedback, no negatives, and I was kinda afraid he'd neg me so I just told him to pay more attention to what he bids on. At least he did agree to not complete the transaction instead of suckering me out of my fees.

[quote name='wubb']...

I'd also not leave negative feedback, just the NPB strike. But that's me. I've heard that if a buyer gets a NPB strike they can't leave FB for the seller but I'm not sure on that.[/quote]

I agree, go with the NPB. You were in the right. If he leaves negative feedback, you do the same. But wait to see what he does first.

I'm dealing with the same thing, dead beat bidder and risking getting my first neg feedback. It can't last forever, you'll be fine.

[quote name='wubb']I'd politely tell him that you can't do that because you did not agree to not complete the sale. It's possible he'll freak out about getting a NBP strike and end up paying you to avoid it. I wouldn't hold my breath, but it could happen. Depends on how much FB he has and if he uses that account to sell as well as buy.

I'd also not leave negative feedback, just the NPB strike. But that's me. I've heard that if a buyer gets a NPB strike they can't leave FB for the seller but I'm not sure on that.[/QUOTE]

If the buyer doesnt reply to the NPB dispute in 7 days, the seller can close it out on the 8th day, and leave a neg and the buyer cant retaliate.

I went through that one and it was basically they cant leave a seller feedback if they didnt bother trying to work on the dispute.

bread's done
Back