I'm done

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightySlacker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
I'm outta here. I had a great post filled with vile and rage, but it's just not worth my time to type it all. I'm sure I've said it in other threas anyways, and I hate being redundant.

It basically boils down to the ratio of assholes and idiots far outnumber the useful posters. I can't open a thread anymore without seeing an ignorant post, an asshole comment, an incoherent flame attempt, whatever. From what I hear, it's as bad as gamefaqs, except with slightly better spelling.

Some people will say "But that kind of stuff goes on everywhere". And you may be right, but never to this kinda extent. Hell, i may still be a noob only being here since march, but this board is nothing like it was when I jumped on, and its time to bail.

There's a lot of people who I really enjoyed reading and respect a lot. Have a good one, and hopefully someone will realize it's time to clean house before things get even more out of hand.

Anyone wants to trade, you can get a hold of me at gameTZ, or catch me on yahoo messanger. And always, if you are bored, check out my website. You never know when more leg waxing pictures will be posted, or when the next Cloudspekk might show up.

EDIT: I'm gonna keep tabs on this thread for a few though. I have a feeling it will turn into a flame fest, and it'll be a nice laugh and probably fitting.

Dave Olson

I agree about he whole flaming thing EVERYONE was a noob once sooo oh well alot of people are assholes like that but w/e what can u do. thats why Im afraid to ask or post anything up here anymore too much drama and flamewars and people pissing on u for the most stupid shit

im seriously sick of all the flaming..................i get so sick i have to say screw you now and then.............to everybody

i think im gonna make some forums(or we can go to my friends)

PM me if you want to join. exclusive to non flamers only

People take stuff said on message boards too seriously.

However, in your defense, that's no excuse for people to be an ass.

*shrugs* Maybe working retail has given me a harder skin than most.

I haven't seen it go down too much. Sure you have a few more assholes and jerks but that's just how it's going to be with mroe users no big deal. Besides this site has a much better mod team than I have seen on other sites. They are far more understanding and truly no when to lay down the law. Besides anyone who truly becomes an annoyance will just be dealt with in the end. Cheapy's pretty good with that.

I hope I don't fall under the idiot category :D. Well, I can say i will miss your massive ownings, as they were always good for a laugh. Good luck in new endeavours.

There are a few select people that "flame" and shit all over people's threads and i won't name names, but I pretty much just ignore them and add my two little cents here and there. Sorry to see somebody leave but i hope you find what you are looking for.

I still find this site very useful and these forums are much better then 99% of the ones found on other sites.

I have to agree. The quality of the message boards has plummeted. Part of the reason I am rarely here anymore. I still support the site (buy from the links and tell EVERYONE about it), but the message boards have definately went south. ;)

[quote name='GSJaia']I have to agree. The quality of the message boards has plummeted. Part of the reason I am rarely here anymore. I still support the site (buy from the links and tell EVERYONE about it), but the message boards have definately went south. ;)[/quote]

100% with you i still support it too i just avoid the boards

[quote name='mtxbass1'][quote name='Trakan'] It'll suck not seeing anyone being OLSON'D anymore. :([/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

I've only seen a couple but they were awesome. Almost as good as the Sweeney's.

Your point is so correct that it has thus generated one of the most flame-free posts that I've seen in a while. It's sad that it takes the loss of one of the respectable members that were actually postworthy to inform the community of how big this problem is beginning to get.

Hey good luck with finding a forum with no flaming. Send me a link if you do. As much as people are sick of people flaming, I'm sick of people who complain about CAG all the time. Really with its faults and shit posters its still one of the better boards on the net. So please, if your going to complain about CAG, just leave. And no, I'm not refering to MightySlacker, he is a good guy, but to everyone who seems to not be able to appreciate these boards for what they are. A cool place to find great videogame deals.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I totally understand where you are coming from. I too have seen the change in the community[/quote]

exactly

the community is corrupting. and i think weve lost alot of cool regulars because of assholes(nick, WSB, etc...) and retards(mostly help1 and the occasional theif)

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I totally understand where you are coming from. I too have seen the change in the community[/quote]

exactly

the community is corrupting. and i think weve lost alot of cool regulars because of assholes(nick, WSB, etc...) and retards(mostly help1 and the occasional theif)[/quote]

Well, what we need to do is turn that all around then! Remember: assholes and retards are just hot dogs in need of a little processing and everyone loves hot dogs.

[quote name='zewone']Hey good luck with finding a forum with no flaming. Send me a link if you do. As much as people are sick of people flaming, I'm sick of people who complain about CAG all the time. Really with its faults and shit posters its still one of the better boards on the net. So please, if your going to complain about CAG, just leave. And no, I'm not refering to MightySlacker, he is a good guy, but to everyone who seems to not be able to appreciate these boards for what they are. A cool place to find great videogame deals.[/quote]

:applause:
Well said.

[quote name='jbroush99']The ESPN chicks thread was an awesome read. You will be missed.[/quote]

Did he ever confirm that the guy was lying?

I hope you reconsider and at least come back to posting after the holidays. I think a mix of the election year, numerous new users and almost nothing GOOD happening over the last few months (overall, some good deals though)

I just think everyone got WAY too into the elections (especially for how they turned out) and once they were over, they didnt drop the problems they had with other posters or thier own lives. Quite sad really.

One way or the other, thanks for many a great laugh!

I agree with you man.
and 1 thing you did'nt mention about this site which almost makes me quit attending,
there alot of openly homosexual people here.
NOW , I have nothing against this life style.
I do however take offense to all the gay pictures on this site. I loged on to this site with the intentions of reading about video games and perhaps visuals pertaining to what the site is dedicated to and thats games.
I find it disturbing all the skin thats on this site.
To each their own , but this is a site disigned for videogames , not for showing off how big of a homosexual you are.

Also little kids should'nt be allowed to access computers period.
Especially with all the gay influence of some members here.

The internet is not a toy.

[quote name='thermal']I agree with you man.
and 1 thing you did'nt mention about this site which almost makes me quit attending,
I do however take offense to all the gay pictures on this site. I loged on to this site with the intentions of reading about video games and perhaps visuals pertaining to what the site is dedicated to and thats games.
To each their own , but this is a site disigned for videogames , not for showing off how big of a homosexual you are.

The internet is not a toy.[/quote]

...guh?

Well I wish you the best of luck on whatever you decision is, but don't forget the only way you can win (in this case a better board) is if you stay in the game.

I looked through your posting history, Thermal; You're sure concerned with things being gay. What gives?

[quote name='jmcc']I looked through your posting history, Thermal; You're sure concerned with things being gay. What gives?[/quote].

Must be denial

[quote name='thermal']I agree with you man.

The internet is not a toy.[/quote]

uhmmm...WTF is this about? Seriously here I'm lost.

Mighty, I hate to see you go but I can understand why. I will miss the OLSON'Ding as well...

dutch72 , does'nt wear the rainbow on his chest .
but it still shines. or flames. ....Nice Try but don't try and turn this Into some kind of flamewar I'm to mature for such antics.

Yeah, no more flaming. We wouldn't want all the girly-men to leave because they can't take the heat. Or do they take too much heat? I'm confused now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back