I'm getting a "This is an Xbox game disc." error when I put in BC games.

Aoskar

CAG Veteran
I downloaded the December 2005 update, and when I put in BC games, it would seize up the system. Just a black screen would be there, and I'd have to restart the system. I burned the update on a cd and loaded it a couple of times... to get it to work... but now when I put in BC games it reads them like a dvd player would. A neat animation screen with the XBOX logo shows up, and the screen says "This is an Xbox game disc. Please put it in your Xbox to start playing." I have since been soley playing Xbox360 games, but want some of my XBOX games on there... any ideas what this could be or suggestions on how to fix it?:cry:

yeah , when the updated the dec list to allow tom clancy games/splinter cell it messed up halo 2 so they pulled te list and no games from xbox work right now until they fix it

[quote name='xbox23']yeah , when the updated the dec list to allow tom clancy games/splinter cell it messed up halo 2 so they pulled te list and no games from xbox work right now until they fix it[/QUOTE]

Ermmm.. I tried Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Hitman Contracts, Megaman Anniversary Collection, and Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow. They all worked fine.

oh well scorch your lucky i read that on xbox360fanboy either that or gamespot but pretty sure they pulled the list for now

*shrug* people on my friends list are playing Chaos Theory right now, so apparently it's not a widespread problem.

Hmm my backwards compatibility is toast. I even made an update disc, but ever since they released the fix for the bad update my 360 crashes every time I put an Xbox game in. I wonder if I'm just screwed until another update.

bread's done
Back