I'm giving up: Metroid Prime 2

jbuck138

CAGiversary!
I can't take it anymore! I'm stuck on the Boast Guardian in the Torvus Bog. I've fought him around 20 times and can only get his power to the half way point. Any suggestions?

As I recall, the trick is to slap him with a missle, then roll and lay bombs. Rinse and repeat until he dies.

I've tried all that. Gamefaqs and other walkthroughs. He is just too hard for me. Did anyone else have troubles w/ the Boast Guardian?

I am currently going through the game a second time and I had a hell of a time with the Boost Guardian the second time round as compared to the first. All I can say is when he's in solid form, make sure to side boost around him, jump while he turns to a temp. puddle, and nail him with Charged Light Beam. When he turns in the boost ball, turn into a ball and hide behind one of the four pillars and just keep dropping bombs for him to run into. When he turns puddle form for longer, stay in ball form and keep bombing him but stay far away cause thats where he'll do the most damage. Its probably the most annoying boss battle of the game and I know I had to do it about 9 times this time through. Just stick with it and good luck man.

I found it much easier to not change to morph ball form when you are fighting it. When it changes into the boost ball, just kind of get into a corner and double jump when it comes at you.

I only changed to the morph ball to bomb it when it went into the puddle mode.

I had a helluva time until I stopped going into morph ball mode so much.

LOL thats sad. I beat him first try, all I do is stand on the pillars and shoot him. When it goes into its dark matter state, use your morph ball bombs.

I didn't think the boost guardian was that bad. The only boss(es) that I had to replay a number of times were the end bosses.

I just beat this game a few days ago and yeah the boost guardian was pretty tough. I thought this guy was little harder than the final boss since I couldn't figure the pattern out as quickly as the final one.

I had to give up on the game too. While fighting was very enjoyable, I really felt like there was too much time spent running from one area to the next and then back to where you started as you progressed.

Ya I rented it ... I'm pretty sure I got to that part because I could go up halfpipes or whatever after I beat it... I actually found it really easy to beat. I kinda remember when he rollls around... I just went into the ball and dodged him. I think I beat him in like 3 tries or so...or maybe my first I dont even remember, it was like half a year ago or more...maybe 1 and a half lol, completely forget. Ya but the game doesn't get much more fun.... I remember I got to this part where I had to run all the way back and got stuck and annoyed, so I quit like 5 hours before I had to bring it back because I found the game kinda boring....

[quote name='Riyonuk']...ok, that would defeat the purpose of hating 3d games though.[/quote]
I don't hate 3D games, I just hate 3D Metroid games, but I've got to give it a shot for at least giving an FPS a try with the "Wii-Mote."

bread's done
Back