I'm I the only one looking forward to Oddworld Stranger?

[quote name='nixts']Got the latest Game Informer today and they loved it: 9, 9[/quote]

That's good to hear. Sometimes GI can be off, though. Well, then again, most game review mag's can be off. But, this is consistent with EGM.

Anything else good in that issue? I haven't received mine in the mail yet.

IGN Review......

9.0 Presentation
Superbly designed in gameplay and in presentation. Stylish and eccentric throughout.

9.5 Graphics
One of the best looking Xbox games to date. Lush environments, great animation and cutscenes, and unique character designs.

9.0 Sound
Top notch voice recording, acting, and dialog. Good, likeable music.

8.5 Gameplay
A distinct-playing FPS with platform and adventure elements. The dual camera works very well, and mirrors the game's hybrid gameplay.

8.0 Lasting Appeal
Once through, you'll be done, but the story is well told, it's got a big whopper about 2/3rds of the way through and the game is 15-plus hours. Not bad at all.

8.8 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I'm trying to figure out where they can go from here with the Oddworld franchise and how this story fits in with the rest. There are still three more games planned in the series.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm trying to figure out where they can go from here with the Oddworld franchise and how this story fits in with the rest. There are still three more games planned in the series.[/quote]

I remember seeing an interview with the developers of Oddworld awhile back. They were discussing the possiblity and development of the style of gameplay of Stranger's Wrath vs. the other Oddworld games.

Basically, the developer of the Oddworld games was disappointed with the mass video gaming technology available to him at the time (this was when Xbox was fairly new). He wanted to take the Abe and Munch characters into more games but was disappointed by the video game's systems limitations.

In other words, he was disappointed that he couldn't do what he wanted to do with Abe and Munch in the video game world. So he decided to take a break from Abe and Munch, put them aside for awhile, and work on another character and game in the meantime (Steefe/Strangers Wrath). I'm wondering too if they will meet and team up in a future game somewhere???

The developers want to make more Oddworld games in the future with Munch and Abe in them. We'll see what happens...hopefully this games games don't get franchised out into a total crapfest.

Yes, I'm looking forward to this game. Me and my husband played the Oddworld games on PSX and Xbox and are looking forward to this.

bread's done
Back