I'm in Japan: which color/games best for resale?

torifile

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I'm in Japan right now. I've got the choice of like a bazillion PSP colors. Which is the best on the trade/resale market right now? I will want to put a CFW on there just because I'm a tinkerer. Anything I need to know about CFW on a J-PSP? Stupid dollar is sucking ass over here right now, but I'm looking forward to picking one up anyway.

What games should I look for - again as trade stock?

I think that the mint green is a Japan exclusive, may be worth something to someone... I have a Japan PSP slim and had no probs with custom firmware.

[quote name='chevro1et']I think that the mint green is a Japan exclusive, may be worth something to someone... I have a Japan PSP slim and had no probs with custom firmware.[/QUOTE]
Mint green, eh? I was thinking the felicia blue (it's close to carolina blue) would be cool. I found a few used for comparable price to the US. Doing custom firmware on these slim models seems a bit more complicated than the fat PSPs... I like the homebrew stuff. :\

I bought the blue. I put a CFW on it and now I just need to find a place to buy some English games over here! In the meantime, I'm going to play with some homebrew. Any suggestions about what I should try?

If you happen to find yourself at Super Potato in Akihabara and just happen to come across a White Japanese Sega Saturn and you wouldn't mind bringing one back for me... I'd gladly pay you. ;) I was there about 18 months ago and I think they were about 3,000 yen. (~$40 US?)

[quote name='daphatty']If you happen to find yourself at Super Potato in Akihabara and just happen to come across a White Japanese Sega Saturn and you wouldn't mind bringing one back for me... I'd gladly pay you. ;) I was there about 18 months ago and I think they were about 3,000 yen. (~$40 US?)[/QUOTE]
I'll check it out. I'm planning on going to Akihabara if I can find my way there. 3,000 yen should be just over $30 depending on how bad the economy is on that day. 2 weeks ago, it was 115 yen to the dollar. Now it's 95 yen. That's like 20% drop in value in 2 weeks. Sick.

bread's done
Back