im stupid i dont know what day it is now i cant end my ebay auction early end in hour

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
Im selling game up on ebay that closes in 2 hours. Well my cousin brings the game back in the last 30 mins and im like wheres the book. he goes UMMMM you sure it had a book and i was like YES. and the game cd is a little more scratched up Well now i cant add to the auction saying the book is missing and i cant even end it early and cancell the people bids

Man this sucks hope the high bidder understands

they should at least Allow me to put DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTION BOOK MISSING or something like that Maybe i can cancell the bids ??

EDIT: im not going to worry about it I will just refund the high bidders cash back and tell them the problem and tell them Ebay wouldnt allow me to end early. I mean Im willing to pay ebay the final vaule fee on the High price but I dont want the high bidder saying Wheres the book)

Once you list an item, you should be able to keep the item in the same condition. Why did you loan it out? Thats like a dealership selling you a car as new, and then taking a 500 mile roadtrip to Vegas and back, and then actually giving it to you.

FYI, Ebay lets you cancel your auction with 0 bids.

No, because then if the auction doesn't get as high as the seller wants, they can put something in at the last second to discourage the high bidder from buying.

Nothing good would come of it.

And your an idiot for letting a cousin borrow a game that was already on ebay. Shame on you.

You should contact the high bidder now, that way he knows what's going on and not to bid anymore.

i cancelled all the bids and it still wont allow to end early. O well like i said i will just tell the high bidder that the book is missing and that ebay wouldnt allow me to end early. and refund their cash.

it was mostly my fault I though the auctions ended weds not tuesday

cousin just left to go see if they could find the book , they said maybe i could rent the game from a video store and copy the book but i told them i need the real book. So hopefully it will all work out. i think worse thing that could happen is neg feedback what i really dont care about

[quote name='JAMMR']If I'm not mistaken, it's because there is less than 24 hrs left on the auction...[/QUOTE]

cant do anything to an auction that has less then 12 hours left... im sure there wont be a problem 4 months back i put down Super mario rpg when i meant Paper mario and it got sold within an hour and the seller understood the misprint and i refund their cash and that was it.

I will do the same thing here. Unless my Stupid ass cousin makes it back with the book (i let them have it cause they said they might be interested in buying it )

[quote name='slidecage']cousin just left to go see if they could find the book , they said maybe i could rent the game from a video store and copy the book but i told them i need the real book. So hopefully it will all work out. i think worse thing that could happen is neg feedback what i really dont care about[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just tell the highest bidder about the missing manual *BEFORE* he pays for the game. This way, you at least give him the option to buy it and not shaft him with an incomplete copy.

[quote name='norkusa']Why don't you just tell the highest bidder about the missing manual *BEFORE* he pays for the game. This way, you at least give him the option to buy the game and not shaft him with an incomplete copy.[/QUOTE]

that is what im going to do

A: email the high bidder right after the auction telling them dont pay
and if they do pay i will just refund the cash.

ebay should allow you to end early but hit you with a fee (what i would be fine with) like i said i am willing to pay Ebay the final vaule fee on whatever the game goes for its i just dont want the Buyer to get pissed when they find out they are not getting the game

just saw i had a question outstanding and i was able to put in the Reply.

BOOK IS MISSING GAME WONT BE SOLD PLEASE DONT BID

so hopefull that will keep people away

[quote name='mtxbass1']Are your eBay auctions as hard to read as your posts slidecage?[/QUOTE]

harder to read cause im too freaking lazy to take time to write it out good

one of my old postings

Game is suPer yU muSt bYe tHIs gAme It ROckS : )

[quote name='zionoverfire']In the future perhaps you will make sure you have the game on hand before you sell it, yes?[/QUOTE]

in the future i will have a calender so i know what day it is for sure :)

its just he wanted to try it out and see if they wanted it.

[quote name='slidecage']in the future i will have a calender so i know what day it is for sure :)

its just he wanted to try it out and see if they wanted it.[/QUOTE]

:wall: So in the future the next time you put a game up on ebay and he does want it you are going to swallow the listing fees? Or how about when a mint game suddenly isn't mind anymore? When you list things on ebay it's best to keep them in a safe place so shit like this doesn't happen.

[quote name='slidecage']

just saw i had a question outstanding and i was able to put in the Reply.

BOOK IS MISSING GAME WONT BE SOLD PLEASE DONT BID

so hopefull that will keep people away[/QUOTE]

Seriously, what the fuck? You and ten people that look just like you deserved to be kicked in the throat

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']Seriously, what the fuck? You and ten people that look just like you deserved to be kicked in the throat

Dave[/QUOTE]

Kicking them in the throat won't stop them from reproducing dave.;)

when I list something on ebay mainly games. I list it then put it in a system and play it for a few hours after that I stick it in a padded mailer until the auction ends then fill out the "to address" part and mail it. you should try that instead of loaning out something your a going to sale.

[quote name='slidecage']i cancelled all the bids and it still wont allow to end early. O well like i said i will just tell the high bidder that the book is missing and that ebay wouldnt allow me to end early. and refund their cash.

it was mostly my fault I though the auctions ended weds not tuesday

cousin just left to go see if they could find the book , they said maybe i could rent the game from a video store and copy the book but i told them i need the real book. So hopefully it will all work out. i think worse thing that could happen is neg feedback what i really dont care about[/QUOTE]

before refunding the cash, let your cousin borrow it

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']before refunding the cash, let your cousin borrow it[/QUOTE]

And have him make copies of it

looks like you have some more bids to cancel since someone bid on it twice, you only have 2 minutes left. from looking at the cancelled bids, it was someone who rebid anyway after you cancelled their bid

im not going to worry about it i already emailed him saying the book is missing and im not selling the game .. ebay didnt let me end it early leave neg feedback if you want. If you send money for the game it will be refunded.

i dont care if everyone wants to call me names it dont mean a thing to me

Why even give the bidder the idea of leaving negative feedback? I know you weren't suggesting that he leave negative feedback but maybe he hadn't thought about it

I love how overtly harsh most people are on this freaking forum.

I think he got the point a million flames ago.

Sheesh.

Hahah...the best part is based on the subject line alone I was guessing this was a slidecage thread when I saw it on the front page. I was right!

[quote name='ratedpeej
I think he got the point a million flames ago.
[/QUOTE']

No, really he didn't. He's the dullard of the site. Not that we expect you to know that.

Judging from the fact in a recent post he said "it's mostly my fault" I'm guessing he didn't get it. It's TOTALLY YOUR FAULT. This is why sellers are paranoid freaks by the time they get to me.

Personally I'd have told the buyer the situation and given the buyer two options:

(1) Go ahead and buy it, but with some sort of discount for the missing book (I'd be generous with that, but then I do care about my FB rating)

(2) Cancel the sale if they don't want it without the book.

I'd say you'd still have a chance of getting a POed buyer. After all they would very reasonably expect to be buying whatever you indicated in the listing. Honestly if we were talking a fairly cheap-o game I'd maybe even offer to send what I had to the buyer for $0. And then I'd ask the cousin to cough up the cash for losing the book.

[quote name='slidecage']i dont care if everyone wants to call me names it dont mean a thing to me[/QUOTE]

I'm sure theres not much in this world that "means a thing" to you.

bread's done
Back