Im trying to find a decent deal on an external harddrive

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Its goign to have to connect to my pc by way of the usb drive but if anyone knows of any place i can get one at a decent price id appreciate it. i dont need more than a good 40 or 60 gb . i basically need to so i can move my files to it that i want to keep before i go about upgrading to windows xp which im still not sure if i should get the home edition or professional. i need one that will work with usb 1.1 as well as windows 98 se.

http://www.buy.com/prod/LaCie_250GB_USB_2_0_External_Hard_Drive_Design_by_F_A_Porsche_300728U/q/loc/16076/10359999.html

This is what I use, its the best one I've ever bought. Its a champ.

10359999.jpg

[quote name='zebbers']if its only temp, grab a spare harddrive you have lying around and buy a usb case for it :)[/quote]

I've done that twice, both time resulting in constant issues. Save the headache, PCs are headache enough.

i appreciate everyones help on this ive made a number of mistakes with electronics in the past some im doing my best to plan this out .

OfficeMax - Simpletech 40GB external $79.99

Best Buy - Seagate 160GB external $89.99

For anybody who has the money, Best Buy is also selling a Western Digital 500GB External for $199.99.

I'm not sure really what brands to go with but I got a Seagate 160GB for around $70 after rebates so don't pay more than that. I've seen a few deals have been mentioned on here, but they seem too expensive. Though those 250GB ones seem like good deals.

[quote name='h2dk']Grab this from Office Depot. 100GB, $99 before $50 mail-in-rebate[/QUOTE]

Am I missing the rebate on this page? I used the link but only found the $109 item ($10 higher than expected already). Is that deal over perhaps?

I'm looking to get my sister an external HD.

the amazon deal for the 250GBs is over btw. back to $156, just when i discovered it, wanted to push the button but held for a few hours, didnt kno it was that much of a savings. :whistle2:(

[quote name='lokizz']Its goign to have to connect to my pc by way of the usb drive but if anyone knows of any place i can get one at a decent price id appreciate it. i dont need more than a good 40 or 60 gb . i basically need to so i can move my files to it that i want to keep before i go about upgrading to windows xp which im still not sure if i should get the home edition or professional. i need one that will work with usb 1.1 as well as windows 98 se.[/quote]

You can always ask me for what is posted in the weekly ad (Target / Circuit City / Best Buy) and I'd be more than willing to give you an advanced heads up.

The Circuit City ad I posted this morning has an HP 160 HD for $149.99, a Simple Tech 160 HD for 129.99 BEFORE $60 in rebates and a case for an internal to make it external for $30 before $10 rebate and a couple of Western Digital internal drives to go in that case for $99.99 with $60 rebate (160 GB) or another for $109.99 with $50 rebate (250 GB).

Just reach out and I'll be willing to assist.

Being in the computer industry myself, I do like Strell's solution.

[quote name='chosen1s']Am I missing the rebate on this page? I used the link but only found the $109 item ($10 higher than expected already). Is that deal over perhaps?

I'm looking to get my sister an external HD.[/quote]

See my answer or request to help below.

The amazon $99 250 gig harddrive has gone in and out of stock a few times the last 2 days. You might want to keep checking to see if it goes back in stock.......

I have a 500GB My Book on EBAY. Check the Auction Forums for it....you should be able to get it for around $200 I would assume. Plus it looks cool ;)

bread's done
Back