I'm Walking on Sunshine song as seen in FUTURAMA

billyknoxville

CAGiversary!
"I'm walking on sunshine, whoa oh whoa oh"

Who sings this song? I've always heard it on futurama, and it bothers me that I have no idea who sings it. Thanks in advance for anyone who knows.

It's been song by more than one person, though I think it was Katina and the Waves or something that did the original or made it famous...

Not like it matters I've heard that the song "sucks noodles"

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']It's been song by more than one person, though I think it was Katina and the Waves or something that did the original or made it famous...

Not like it matters I've heard that the song "sucks noodles"[/quote]

One letter off... It's Katrina and the Waves. Great song, though. :)

[quote name='Scorch']How is it possible to be older than 15 years of age and not know who sung this song?[/quote]

Maybe the OP is a heterosexual male.

[quote name='camoor'][quote name='Scorch']How is it possible to be older than 15 years of age and not know who sung this song?[/quote]

Maybe the OP is a heterosexual male.[/quote]

:rofl:

but seriously, I just asked how it's possible to not know who sung it, I never said anything about liking the song. I hate the song. But "I wear my sunglasses at night" rocks :cool:.. so some 80's music is cool.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='camoor'][quote name='Scorch']How is it possible to be older than 15 years of age and not know who sung this song?[/quote]

Maybe the OP is a heterosexual male.[/quote]

:rofl:

but seriously, I just asked how it's possible to not know who sung it, I never said anything about liking the song. I hate the song. But "I wear my sunglasses at night" rocks :cool:.. so some 80's music is cool.[/quote]

I didn't know who sang it, I just know it's in "American Psycho". And I prefer Fry's rendition.

I think that Futurama episode where Fry digs up his nephew to steal his clover back is the most depressing. (FYI: The Breakfast Club is teh suk).

What is your Favorite Episode of Futurama.Mine would have to be the one whre they go into the parallel universe with the Golden Bender and Fy, and Leela are married. Best part was when the Golden Bender says "Bite my glorious, golden ass" instead of the regular benders "Bite my shiny metal ass". Also the part where Bender sits on his own universe and the whole screen just gets flattened out was classic. They should bring the show back from cancellation. It was a great show.

[quote name='BlueWingX'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']It's been song by more than one person, though I think it was Katina and the Waves or something that did the original or made it famous...

Not like it matters I've heard that the song "sucks noodles"[/quote]

One letter off... It's Katrina and the Waves. Great song, though. :)[/quote]

Hold on . . . wasn't it Katrina & the WAVE (singular)? From around 1985 -- yeah, I was there! :p

[quote name='opatlion']Also the part where Bender sits on his own universe and the whole screen just gets flattened out was classic.[/quote]

Actually, it was Fry who sat on the box and flattened the universe. Bender was the one who shaked it, promptiing Liela to take it from it and reprimend him, "Bender, stop destroying the universe!" But yeah, that is a great episode. I think my favorite is "Hell is other Robots". I loved their take on Dante's Inferno.

[quote name='opatlion']What is your Favorite Episode of Futurama.Mine would have to be the one whre they go into the parallel universe with the Golden Bender and Fy, and Leela are married. Best part was when the Golden Bender says "Bite my glorious, golden ass" instead of the regular benders "Bite my shiny metal ass". Also the part where Bender sits on his own universe and the whole screen just gets flattened out was classic. They should bring the show back from cancellation. It was a great show.[/quote]

I'm sure I've got that one on tape. It's from 2003 from FOX. Is CN already re-running it? Great episdoe! :lol:

The most depressing episode of Futurama is the lost dog episode, where Fry's dog waited in front of the Pizza place for Fry to return until he died.

EDIT: The dog's name was Seymour?

[quote name='FriendlyNudist'][quote name='opatlion']Also the part where Bender sits on his own universe and the whole screen just gets flattened out was classic.[/quote]

Actually, it was Fry who sat on the box and flattened the universe. Bender was the one who shaked it, promptiing Liela to take it from it and reprimend him, "Bender, stop destroying the universe!" But yeah, that is a great episode. I think my favorite is "Hell is other Robots". I loved their take on Dante's Inferno.[/quote]

"Hell is Other Robots" is a great episode. My personal favorites are "Roswell That Ends Well" (the one where Fry becomes his own grandfather) and "The Sting" (where they go to collect honey from the giant space bees) I'll stop at two favorites because if I build up momentum, I'll end up talking about half the episodes. By the way, "The Farnsworth Parabox", the other one mentioned above, is another all-time great episode.

[quote name='Greetard']I think that Futurama episode where Fry digs up his nephew to steal his clover back is the most depressing. (FYI: The Breakfast Club is teh suk).[/quote]

*slight spoiler*

yea, that was kind of sad. he blamed his brother for stealing all his glory, but it turned out it was a tribute to fry :cry: :oops: that was one of my favorite episodes!

What about the episode with all of the time fluctuations? Fry learned how to move stars just to spell out his love for Leela...and then it was all destroyed just before she saw it.

For a comedy, Futurama could be pretty darn depressing at times.

Futurama's ability to mix comedy with utter depression is what made it a great show. Why, oh WHY was it cancelled? :(

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']What about the episode with all of the time fluctuations? Fry learned how to move stars just to spell out his love for Leela...and then it was all destroyed just before she saw it.

For a comedy, Futurama could be pretty darn depressing at times.[/quote]

that was by far one of the saddest moments in cartoons, next to mufasa dying.

Best line ever is "Yes I did do the Nasty in the Pasty"

And "Sweet Zombie Jesus".

BTW pretty sure song is by KC and the Sunshine Band.

bread's done
Back