Image and Video from Raid over the River DS

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
rotr2screensay3.jpg

this was posted on gamespot forum by someone from Nibris apparently, its looking pretty good if its legit and it handles well

here is a video of the game in action too

http://www.nibris.net/rotr_tech_demo.avi

Holy crap... that looks amazing! Those backgrounds look like backdrops but the edges are too rough making me think that they're polygons.

Very nice indeed!

... wow. If that is in fact DS gameplay. Wow. Glad I sold Nanostray. :D

It would be nice if it is what it appears, that being a solid 1942-style shooter. The insane-Japanese-kill-yourself shooters are fun, but Ikaruga is enough for that. Something fun and possible to beat is nice as well.

[quote name='botticus']... wow. If that is in fact DS gameplay. Wow. Glad I sold Nanostray. :D

It would be nice if it is what it appears, that being a solid 1942-style shooter. The insane-Japanese-kill-yourself shooters are fun, but Ikaruga is enough for that. Something fun and possible to beat is nice as well.[/quote]

It's not a WW2 shooter. The game page on their site says that the game takes place over three time periods: Medieval, WW2, the future.

[quote name='FurryCurry']It's not a WW2 shooter. The game page on their site says that the game takes place over three time periods: Medieval, WW2, the future.[/quote] Ah well... as long as the gameplay is solid, I can deal with a 1/3 WWII shooter.

It looks much different than it did before. The bottom screen used to be a radar/map and the top screen had cell shaded visuals.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I watch that video? Winamp, Windows Media Player, and Quicktime don't seem to like it.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']It looks much different than it did before. The bottom screen used to be a radar/map and the top screen had cell shaded visuals.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I watch that video? Winamp, Windows Media Player, and Quicktime don't seem to like it.[/QUOTE]

Played fine for me with Windows media player. Looks to be encoded with DiVX, so you may need some drivers. Video is really short, but dang it's pretty.

I'm not even the biggest shooter fan, but that games does look extremely good. Do we know who these guys are making this? I know I've heard they're indie developers, but surely some of this team must be experienced with some big companies.

[quote name='elwood731']I'm not even the biggest shooter fan, but that games does look extremely good. Do we know who these guys are making this? I know I've heard they're indie developers, but surely some of this team must be experienced with some big companies.[/quote]
Well, they pulled in a ton of outside talent for Sadness on Wii, but I haven't heard any info regarding this project.

bread's done
Back