Immediate HELP NEEDED!!!!!!! SCAM??

Tennisjon2002

CAGiversary!
I just got back from Cancun and to make a long story short I think my parents might have made another bad move. They were talked into becoming part of the International Vacation Club at Hotel Krystal in Cancun Mexico. I ended up pulling a google to get some rates and came up with some frightening information. If you would like to see it yourself search Krystal Nh hotels scam timeshares international vacation club or any of that stuff and see for yourself. Good news is my parents purchased it sunday so we have tommarow still to cancel! So anyone have any advice or anything? Anyone been in a position like this before? My parents just spent $3,900 on this and it REALLY scares me that when I try to find the hotels rates online I get all of this!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

[quote name='jaykrue']If it's so bad, why haven't you already alerted your parents to this info?[/QUOTE]
I did like just a little bit ago, before I posted this.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Ditch it, you'll find equal rates if you plan ahead via Priceline/Expedia/etc.[/QUOTE]
yea that is what my mom plans on doing, but suposidly people have had trouble canceling and ended up getting into the whole layer lawsuit buisness which my parents really don't want to do.

When I went to Cancun, I got suckered into one of those seminars, of course I was promised this nice gym bag for my time. In the end, I declined everything, they wanted my CC number just for "reference." I didn't even get the damn bag. Cancun is very nice btw.

[quote name='Tennisjon2002']yea that is what my mom plans on doing, but suposidly people have had trouble canceling and ended up getting into the whole layer lawsuit buisness which my parents really don't want to do.[/QUOTE]

If your parents aren't willing to do the even a small amount of due diligence such as you just did, then they probably shouldn't be undertaking such questionable investment. Tell them to stick to mutual funds and other 'safe' ventures since they won't do the research that is required for more risky ventures.

The lesson learned here is "do research on a company/product/service before investing/buying."

My mom comes to me all the time with random scams, like "If you send this email on Microsoft will give 10 cents to a little boy who needs cancer!" I tell her to check out snopes.com or some scam site or whatever. Thankfully that doesn't cost her any money, but it doesn't take that long to figure out where are good places online to check if something is a scam, and after that it takes even less time to figure out potential scams later on.

Sure, it takes a little extra time...but your parents could have been out nearly $4k. I think it's worth it.

My parents are not really that lazy or stupid as they may seem. It seems as though this is a common scam and may people fall for it. They are working on it but it was like midnight when I found out and my parents are very good with computers and stuff so taht leads me to believe I should do the research.

[quote name='Tennisjon2002']My parents are not really that lazy or stupid as they may seem. It seems as though this is a common scam and may people fall for it. They are working on it but it was like midnight when I found out and my parents are very good with computers and stuff so taht leads me to believe I should do the research.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you've already done the research then it shouldn't take that much to convince the 'rents that what they're doing is a bad idea and as such, should cancel. You said you had some time so do so now or first thing in the morning.

I went to one when I was on vacation before. It was an hour long and they promised to give $100 even if I did not buy anything. I sat though and at one point considering buying but then quickly realized that it was a scam (they were really good). So it ended I told them I was not interested very nicely mind you. and just want to get my money and go. getting $100 from them turned into a problem. after about 25-30 mins and threats of ass-whooping and calling the police I finally got my $100. Thinking about it now I should have got it from them and then set it on fire with my Zippo to show them that I don't care. I am wondering how many people got trouble getting there $100

bread's done
Back