Import DS Xenosaga I & II $19.90 at Play-Asia - Weekly Special

wow, seems like a good deal but isnt this a kind of game u really dont want to import considering the text heavy story?

[quote name='tankass']wow, seems like a good deal but isnt this a kind of game u really dont want to import considering the text heavy story?[/QUOTE]

Some people can read it, others can get by without it. I figured it was worth pointing out in either case.

has anyone played it though? how's it compare to the PS2 games combat wise? i hated the battle system in the second, it was so derived. you had to fucking store or boost or whatever like three times or something before you could do any significant damage to an enemy. annoying as hell, and it made the bosses artificially hard.

This got slammed unbelievably hard by importers (and bombed hardcore sale wise), and it's coming out here anyway this year, so unless you really want it and you know japanese, I'd advise passing.

ackk.. i can't import this.

i imported Xenosaga 1 + 2 on PS2 back in the day and never played the domestic.. to this date i still don't have a great grasp of the storyline.

importing xenosaga for the gameplay was the worst mistake i've made twice

:waits for US release:

[quote name='dyreschlock']i imported Xenosaga 1 + 2 on PS2 back in the day and never played the domestic.. to this date i still don't have a great grasp of the storyline.[/quote]This happened to me with Final Fantasy IX, although I did play the domestic version, and for some reason, the story still didn't sink in.

[quote name='cranguy']and for some reason, the story still didn't sink in.[/quote]That's understandable since 90% of the story is revealed in the last 10 minutes of the game. >_< Although I still love FFIX.

I just don't see the point in playing a game with ANY story if it's not in your language and it will be one day. Do you not have other games you can play in the interim?

If you DO speak the nihongo, or if you're starting to speak it and need practice, though, this is a good deal.

[quote name='mkelehan']I just don't see the point in playing a game with ANY story if it's not in your language and it will be one day. Do you not have other games you can play in the interim?

If you DO speak the nihongo, or if you're starting to speak it and need practice, though, this is a good deal.[/quote]
i dunno... most stories can be figured out rather easily unless it's a very in-depth RPG. Xenosaga was a bad idea to import, but Final Fantasy X was fine. FFX was an open book, and i ended up learning Katakana from it.

I've pretty much stopped importing RPGs these days because it has been a long long time since i've been excited for an RPG at all. I used to love squaresoft too. Unfortunately i lost my drive them thanks to their games since 2000.

Though....Radiata Stories, Dragonquest VIII, and Final Fantasy XII look rather good. but, i probably won't touch them unless i'm really bored. I purchased Radiata Stories for $5 too and it's still in its wrapping.
__

But yeah... originally i imported most games because i couldn't wait to play them. Now i usually import games because they won't ever be released here. Or because i'm somewhat interested in them, and Play-Asia puts them on sale for cheap cheap cheap.

[quote name='mkelehan']I just don't see the point in playing a game with ANY story if it's not in your language and it will be one day. Do you not have other games you can play in the interim?

[/QUOTE]
i imported FFVIII back in the day and got to the end of the second disc. the story is only part of the game play, and it is not that hard to figure things out.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'm saying it's much easier when they're speaking your language. It's just a better experience. So why not wait?

Question: Play Asia only sell import games that's all japanese right?

NM answered my own question. Depends. They sell games with all different languages.

[quote name='62t']i imported FFVIII back in the day and got to the end of the second disc. the story is only part of the game play, and it is not that hard to figure things out.[/quote]
You mean you didn't start saying "WTF?" when everything went acid colors and that giant castle popped out of nowhere? Don't get me wrong, I love FFVIII, but sheesh... time compression?

Didn't the game get favorable reviews from Famitsu?

[quote name='Blade70']Why does do they do RPG? anyways I want Bleach deal![/quote]

I'd be all over that in an instant.

bread's done
Back