import games to get for ds? list all you can think of!

i don't get it...

are you just looking for a list of japanese DS games? only the ones with no chance of coming out over here? only the ones that someone with zero knowledge of japanese language could actually understand and play? only the good games worth paying import prices?

[quote name='DocRamon']i don't get it...

are you just looking for a list of japanese DS games? only the ones with no chance of coming out over here? only the ones that someone with zero knowledge of japanese language could actually understand and play? only the good games worth paying import prices?[/QUOTE]

maybe he can read japanese

I'm not exactly sure if the topic creator just wants a list of import games or a list must have imports. If it's a "must have" list, then you can add Goemon to the previously mentioned Ouendan, Jump Superstars, and Band Brothers. Full Metal Alchemist is coming to the states, by the way.

[quote name='Parathod']I'm not exactly sure if the topic creator just wants a list of import games or a list must have imports. If it's a "must have" list, then you can add Goemon to the previously mentioned Ouendan, Jump Superstars, and Band Brothers. Full Metal Alchemist is coming to the states, by the way.[/QUOTE]

Have a link to back up the FMA statment? Ive been hunting on info trying to see if that was coming over because I was about to import it. :D

the only ones worth importing IMO are Osu! Ttakae! Ouendan!(I need to order soon!), Electroplanktoon (still love playing it), and probably mr driller since it has a story mode.

[quote name='Parathod']I'm not exactly sure if the topic creator just wants a list of import games or a list must have imports. If it's a "must have" list, then you can add Goemon to the previously mentioned Ouendan, Jump Superstars, and Band Brothers. Full Metal Alchemist is coming to the states, by the way.[/QUOTE]

Goemon has no chance of making it stateside?

[quote name='Weedy649']Goemon has no chance of making it stateside?[/QUOTE]

Konami stated that it has no plans of bringing the game stateside. If another party picks up the rights, it can, but I highly doubt that will happen.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is a must have.[/QUOTE]

oh man, i just looked up videos of the gameplay. and boy was i amazed, the game looks really good and the songs aren't half bad either. and i would assume that because it's a rhythm game i would not need to know any japanese or look up a translation guide?

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']oh man, i just looked up videos of the gameplay. and boy was i amazed, the game looks really good and the songs aren't half bad either. and i would assume that because it's a rhythm game i would not need to know any japanese or look up a translation guide?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the whole thing is straightfoward. All you need to know is on the difficulty menu that it goes in reverse order. You start off with medium and easy so the menu goes:

medium

easy

Other than that, the stories are straightfoward because they are "animated" and if you don't understand the gameplay, they have a tutorial that visibly shows you what to do and then asks you to do the same.

[quote name='Sarang01']Shin Megami Tensei DS unless Atlus has confirmed it for Stateside.[/QUOTE]

The game is not dated in Japan yet. Nor do we know anything about it (if it's a port, remake, or original title) other than that it's in developement.

It is certainly a niche title, but one that I picked up while over there was DS Rakubiki Jiten (if I'm remembering the name right). It's an electronic dictionary for the DS, and it has built in English > Japanese and Japanese > English functions. The interface is wonderful, and it has some nice features, but there is no Kanji search support, which sucks, is obviously made for a Japanese speaker, and the extra options aren't as good as they could have been. It is a really handy tool if you just need an electronic dictionary for conversational needs, but otherwise won't replace the fancier electronic dictionaries.

My biggest recommendation would be, as others have stated, Ouendan. I got that and Band Brothers, but BB so far isn't overly impressing me. (I know some people just adore it though.) I think beyond those, Jump Superstars (I'm not up on if it is hitting our shores or not), and what is known to be coming over here, there isn't too much of high quality that is still stuck in Japan. I went on sort of a DS buying spree while over here, but to me it seemed like we were getting most of the good stuff already. I think by far Ouendan is the big pick for import titles that have little chance of making it over here.

bread's done
Back