Important!!! New info on CC $4.99 sale.

My circuit city did no pulling off of the floor that I know of. I pulled about 18 games between yesterday and today. The only bad thing was about 8 of the games I wanted, I couldn't find. Oh well I was happy with what I pulled.

Oh I am sure the employees pulled some of the games. I couldn't find Disgea, MGS, MvsC and other good titles that I really wanted. My cashier even hinted that he had some games in the back.

Just wanted to give a big thanx to the owner of this site!

I left out of the Baton Rouge, Louisiana store this morning with 66 different games!! I managed to get some killer titles! it took over 4 reciepts to fit all my games!

the Employees had NO CLUE as to what was going on! by the time the manager came over to talk to me, i already had a buggy full!! He tried to talk me out of a copy of NHL 2K4 on Xbox for his son, But i said NO WAY JOSE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THANX AGAIN, im gonna go play some games!

[quote name='NObodyNOWHERE']Just wanted to give a big thanx to the owner of this site!

I left out of the Baton Rouge, Louisiana store this morning with 66 different games!! I managed to get some killer titles! it took over 4 reciepts to fit all my games!

the Employees had NO CLUE as to what was going on! by the time the manager came over to talk to me, i already had a buggy full!! He tried to talk me out of a copy of NHL 2K4 on Xbox for his son, But i said NO WAY JOSE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THANX AGAIN, im gonna go play some games![/quote]

66 games and a man pleads to you to have just one for his child , and you refuse ...

what a great character you are :roll:

[quote name='NObodyNOWHERE']the Employees had NO CLUE as to what was going on! by the time the manager came over to talk to me, i already had a buggy full!! He tried to talk me out of a copy of NHL 2K4 on Xbox for his son, But i said NO WAY JOSE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/quote]

Why? Were you jealous that he wasn't a virgin?

if you want to know which store has a game.get them to look up the title
in that huge binder they got.then have them check every store in your area.so even if the game is in the back at least you will know there is a good chance you have..

That last promo they did where you bought 3 games and got 20 off.
at the same time they had a add showing 3 games at 50% off.
at the store they showed me a list of over 200 games at 50%
kicker was the list said confidential ..classic secert sale.hahaha.

alot of those rare titles have been long gone since there value was about list price or higher

[quote name='RoadDogg']well the reason they have to pull the games is so they cant get sued when the ads run. If the ads run and all the games are gone already then they could get in trouble for false advertising.[/quote]

wrong.

[quote name='NObodyNOWHERE']the Employees had NO CLUE as to what was going on! by the time the manager came over to talk to me, i already had a buggy full!! He tried to talk me out of a copy of NHL 2K4 on Xbox for his son, But i said NO WAY JOSE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/quote]

You wanted the game, you found the game, nobody has a problem with that. But there is no need to be a jerk about it (although I am guessing/hoping you didn't actually say "No way Jose!", which would be incredibly lame even if it weren't mean, and laugh in the guy's face).

While I was picking up games, I let people check out what I had and pick from it (with the exception of a few select games). If I had seen what they were looking for on the shelf, I'd show them where it was, and if I knew the title wasn't there, I'd tell them so they wouldn't waste their time looking. It is possible to be nice/helpful and still get some great deals.

Let me clarify, because looking back on that last post, I see that it does come off wrong. The manager was acting like a punk before, complaining about the sale, and then started trying to lay a guilt trip. I did give other people games, but I'm not hooking up someone who is being obnoxious. Other guys were there too and we were helping each other out finding stuff and giving each other games... Hope that's clearer.

And, I didn't really say "no way Jose" either, BTW...just added for effect. :wink:

You wanted the game, you found the game, nobody has a problem with that. But there is no need to be a jerk about it (although I am guessing/hoping you didn't actually say "No way Jose!", which would be incredibly lame even if it weren't mean, and laugh in the guy's face).

If the manager was being a jerk, then you were justified. Sorry for all the mean things I said behind your back :wink:

I might still have given him the game, but I might not, depending on the specifics. Glad to learn that we misunderstood the situation.

Our corporate HQ has not said anything regarding the clearance sale. I was there from open to close and nothing. Why? Corporate HQ was closed today. Anyone saying our corporate HQ said anything about putting up the game is total BS. The real answer? Idiot managers.

First off, the store is not losing money. The "cost" prices of the games have been dropped down to $4.85. That means that no store is losing money, they're actually gaining .14 game. Either way, we're not losing money. Of course, some idiot managers dont check, just see the big price tag go to a small price, and freak out.

Secondly, there will be enough games for the ad next week. My store still has two bins FULL of games. Granted these are not the best of the bunch, but hey someone may want NHL 2001 or Fantavision. Simple fact is, it's clearance games and you're not guaranteed to have the greatest titles available. So again, if someone comes up with that excuse, again it's BS.

Finally, if your store is run by idiots and they pulled all the games, well you're going to have to wait. Of course that's after us employee get our hands on all the great games first :twisted: .

This will be awesome if they actually have an ad with a list of games for $4.99, cuz I have a ton Walmarts, Targets, Best Buys, Sears, and one Frys within 30mins-1hour, so I can score big with pricematching, hopefully, but all I want is Dynasty Warriors 4, Mario Party 4. I did score a few games actually 7.

We got the message sunday morning to pull all games that were on a "list" . We later found out that some additional games were also 4.99 that were not on the list. If any CC employee reads this, Have the associates in the gaming department scan every title and pull the 4.99 games before you open and hold them until Sunday the 11th. As for customers, when we open on Sunday, you will have to choose from what we have in stock. We cannot order games. Its first come, first serve, While supplies last.

[quote name='chaoz']if they do run a add it will just say titles vary by store.[/quote]

In this case the range of variation includes zero as a valid entry.

[quote name='adamtech']We got the message sunday morning to pull all games that were on a "list" . We later found out that some additional games were also 4.99 that were not on the list. If any CC employee reads this, Have the associates in the gaming department scan every title and pull the 4.99 games before you open and hold them until Sunday the 11th. As for customers, when we open on Sunday, you will have to choose from what we have in stock. We cannot order games. Its first come, first serve, While supplies last.[/quote]

I think you have a few things wrong. For those who are CC employees and those who are interested, here's some info from the best (which is me :p ). Alright, the plan was this, on July 11th, Circuit City was going to begin an ad campaign for these clearance games. On July 6th, all stores were going to receive an official list of games that were to be taken off the floor and put in a dump bin. Now in case you're wondering, NO ONE has an official list. How do I know? It's too freakin big!! I mean not only are there many PS2, Xbox, and GC games but there are also PS1, GBA, and GBC games that were on clearance as well. I've found games today that no one had on any list, of course it's game no one would give a damn about.

Either way, for some reason, these games dropped a week early. I doubt corporate will change the prices so they're going to stick around. Anyways, I put them in a bin and it's been going fine. I have two bins, filled with games in my department, granted these are not top of the line games, but there will definetly be some games throughout the whole month of July. So really, pull them dont pull them, do whatever. My manager let me keep them out because he realized, it's not a big deal. The stores not losing money, customers are coming in and leaving pretty happy.

[quote name='adamtech']We got the message sunday morning to pull all games that were on a "list" . We later found out that some additional games were also 4.99 that were not on the list. If any CC employee reads this, Have the associates in the gaming department scan every title and pull the 4.99 games before you open and hold them until Sunday the 11th. As for customers, when we open on Sunday, you will have to choose from what we have in stock. We cannot order games. Its first come, first serve, While supplies last.[/quote]

Uhh ... this isn't the "CC - Give orders forum/thread". Do it on your own CC sponsered communications network.

Well, I dont think our CC (Greenville SC) pulled any games. If they did, they missed a good bit. They also did not tell their sales people to look out for the missed titles. I actualy had one of their guys point out a few titles I missed.

I'm ready. I'm getting ready to leave in a few minutes. Starting to get stormy here....but screw the weather, I'm a CAG and neither ran, nor sleet, nor snow will keep me from this deal.

I just got back from CC in Middletown, NY. I got there with my CAG list and started fingering through the xbox games. I had three in my hand when one of the employees came up to me, and told me how the whole $4.99 thing was a mistake and wasn't supposed to start until the 11th. She said all the workers took the games off the shelf last night. Well, I told her the games I had in my arms were on my list and she said if they rung up at $4.99 they would honor the price.

Anyway, I picked up 3 more xbox games to add to the 9 I got yesterday. 12 games for $64 total....you can't beat that.

The Middletown, NY CC still had a lot of games on the list left on the shelfs as of 10:20 AM. You just have to finger through them. They'll honor the price if you find them.

I know I'll be lined up next Sunday at opening. Good luck to any CAGers today....just look through all the games, you'll be sure to find games on the list.

PS - check out my updated CC trade list!

I just got back from a last minute search of the nearest CC. They had ONE $5 game left, Pikmin for GC, which I picked up. The guy at the counter said they were cleaned out Saturday. I'm praying more stuff comes during the week to one of the two nearby CC's, cause there were a few PS2 and Xbox titles I would have liked that I didn't get.

Alright, here's my questions for the CC employees.

Are you allowed to buy the games in uniform, and if so, are they giving you first dibs, before you start work on the 11th? Or, even Saturday night??

Are you actually putting the games on the shelves Saturday night, or will it be a work in progress, starting Sunday morning??

Lastly, for the employees who hold games in the back.....is there a way to find out if they have any in stock?? I gave my list to a really nice employee, who made copies for his co-workers.

He said it was so they could pull all of the copies off the shelf, and I knew it was for them to start selecting games, ahead of time.

Anyways, how can I get a game from the back, without being lied to?? Is there anyway to check availability, and get an honest response??

Thanks.

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='adamtech']We got the message sunday morning to pull all games that were on a "list" . We later found out that some additional games were also 4.99 that were not on the list. If any CC employee reads this, Have the associates in the gaming department scan every title and pull the 4.99 games before you open and hold them until Sunday the 11th. As for customers, when we open on Sunday, you will have to choose from what we have in stock. We cannot order games. Its first come, first serve, While supplies last.[/quote]

Uhh ... this isn't the "CC - Give orders forum/thread". Do it on your own CC sponsered communications network.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ill be in Chicago on Sunday for a Godzilla convention, so I hope that some of the stores in the area will have had a few games left over.

All games are gone in the Portland/Metro, Oregon area. There were a few really old ones (PSOne games, Fantavision, misc. junk) in the bins at a few stores, the other stores said they had pulled stock until next Sunday.

[quote name='drone8888']Alright, here's my questions for the CC employees.

Are you allowed to buy the games in uniform, and if so, are they giving you first dibs, before you start work on the 11th? Or, even Saturday night??

Are you actually putting the games on the shelves Saturday night, or will it be a work in progress, starting Sunday morning??

Lastly, for the employees who hold games in the back.....is there a way to find out if they have any in stock?? I gave my list to a really nice employee, who made copies for his co-workers.

He said it was so they could pull all of the copies off the shelf, and I knew it was for them to start selecting games, ahead of time.

Anyways, how can I get a game from the back, without being lied to?? Is there anyway to check availability, and get an honest response??

Thanks.[/quote]

Are we allowed? Yes. Is it looked down upon? Yeah it is. It all varies from store to store, but employees can go check out another section. Of course, if customers are being ignored, managers do get upset. In the case of the whole clearance thing, I was really the only one going through the aisles and picking up games. But I was very non-chalant so no one would notice what games I was picking up and so they wouldnt ask me questions since it would be apparent I knew about the deal.

The games are on the shelves, if not, in a bin. Each store does it differently. I had no complete list so I had to go through and scan every game. So in my store, all the clearance games are in a bin and none are on the shelves. This, I'm sure, is different from every store.

It's all up to the store manager and how they're handling it. Like I said all my games are out and available to every customer. Some stores may have them in the back and will not let them go or make exceptions, I personally dont know. If they're being held in the back, it's up to that store and it's employees on whether their answers have any merit or not.

[quote name='p0tempkin']All games are gone in the Portland/Metro, Oregon area. There were a few really old ones (PSOne games, Fantavision, misc. junk) in the bins at a few stores, the other stores said they had pulled stock until next Sunday.[/quote]

Hey, thanks for posting. I live in Portland and tried my luck at the Clackamas store yesterday and found nothing. So maybe I'll try my luck on the 11'th.

bread's done
Back