Importing a Wii

dyreschlock

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Howdy all..

I want to get a Wii.. however, I've been living over here in Japan since September, so i really don't have access to a US one. I was thinking about picking up a Japanese one, despite the Wii not being region free.

One of the threads around here said the freeloader disc works just fine, so i'll be able to play my US gamecube games on the machine.

I believe that i also read somewhere that the virtual console games are also region specific.. so i won't be able to get the US games. though, i would have access to the japanese ones.

Anyways.. my question is... Does anyone have any information on any region free development for the Wii, such as a Wii freeloader disc, or something similar in the works?

Or should i just be patient... and buy one when i eventually get back to the states.

There will be some fix VERY soon. Nintendo was never one to make it hard to make their systems moddable so you can play imports.
Btw those games you have for the DS, how much is Kanji Sonomama and the one you have right now? If I can bag them at $20 new or used I'd be happy since I've heard touch software for that stuff is usually VERY expensive.

bread's done
Back