Importing PS4

Setzer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
I'm getting pretty close to ordering my PS4 and I'm wanting to get the Dragon Quest Heroes Metal Slime one. Ever since I heard news about this last September I've wanted one.  I love the Dragon Quest series and I'm fairly certain I won't get the opportunity to buy this here in the US. We rarely ever get any of the cool limited edition consoles that Japan gets. I have concerns though and its causing me to be a little hesitant in ordering it, and I'm hoping there are some fellow CAG users who have imported their consoles and maybe could help address my concerns.

First off, I know I want a Japanese model. I've seen Korean and HK versions go for cheaper but I don't want the region lock on BluRay movies. I'm debating whether or not to get one off eBay or buy it from someone like PlayAsia or Nin-Nin game. I understand there are risks with importing your console. Obviously there's not going to be any warranty and you're pretty much screwed if something goes wrong after 30 days. Anyone have any suggestions on this? Are there ways around this? This is probably my biggest concern because I'm gonna be paying more than $600 for this.

My other concern is the whole O/X button swap. I understand how it will work in the menus and stuff but I'm a tad concern with the games. Have you found this easy to adjust to or does it get confusing because I've heard some games it will apply to and others it won't.

I appreciate any info you can provide.

There is no region lock for Bu Ray movies as US and Japan/Asia are in the same region.  There will be a lock for DVD movies however

There is no region lock for Bu Ray movies as US and Japan/Asia are in the same region. There will be a lock for DVD movies however
Ok, cool, because I was going by this chart:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Blu-ray-regions_with_key.svg

A The Americas and their dependencies, East Asia, and Southeast Asia; excludes instances that fall under Region C.

B Africa, Middle East, Southwest Asia, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and their dependencies; excludes instances that fall under Region C.

C Central Asia, mainland China, Mongolia, South Asia, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and the aforementioned regions' dependencies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've adjusted to the X/O swap with my PSPs. Some games like Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and LocoRoco actually take advantage of that.

For PS4? I'm not sure. I assume the button swap thing is only confined to menus anyway.

Good luck spending a ton on that console. I assume you're going to order from a place like NCSX as well?

I've adjusted to the X/O swap with my PSPs. Some games like Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and LocoRoco actually take advantage of that.

For PS4? I'm not sure. I assume the button swap thing is only confined to menus anyway.

Good luck spending a ton on that console. I assume you're going to order from a place like NCSX as well?
They don't have it at NCSX otherwise I would.

Prices on it range from $550 to $600 so it's about $200 more than a PS4 I can get in stores. It's spendy yes, but not as much as say a 20th Anniversary PS4. lol

bread's done
Back