[Impulse] Daily Deal: Cryostasis = $2.92

Wait, this reminds me...I got this game free a long time ago and never even installed it.

Damn, I don't even remember what download service I got it from. :whistle2:/

[quote name='ryushe']Wait, this reminds me...I got this game free a long time ago and never even installed it.

Damn, I don't even remember what download service I got it from. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Probably Nvidia's store. They offered a free download.

It's a great game and definitely worth a play through.

One of the most badly optimized games I've ever played, but still worth a playthrough especially for less than 3 bucks. The way everything unfolds is fascinating. I'd call this is an adventure game with some combat thrown in.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Probably Nvidia's store. They offered a free download.

It's a great game and definitely worth a play through.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that was it. Is there a way to re-download if I didn't back up?

I've been curious about the game for quite some time, but I don't know enough about it. Is it a game wherein the player has to continually run from enemies?

I can always use a fascinating Adventure Game. The Adventure genre, after all, has supplied players with some of the best experiences.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I've been curious about the game for quite some time, but I don't know enough about it. Is it a game wherein the player has to continually run from enemies?

I can always use a fascinating Adventure Game. The Adventure genre, after all, has supplied players with some of the best experiences.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but adventure games are a whole different genre (e.g. Monkey Island, Myst, Broken Sword). You're looking for the survival horror games (Resident Evil, Amnesia, Fatal Frame), and yes - Cryostasis is a good game at that. Pretty atmospheric, and has a nice story.

[quote name='whats_the_word']So is Impulse it's own platform?? Will I not be able to create a shortcut for this game into Steam?[/QUOTE]

GameStop is now the new owner of Impulse.

Yes, Impulse is its own thing.
Impulse was once owned by Stardock - a major rival to Valve's Steam.
They are definitely Anti-Steam.
So, don't expect to be able to register any game you own from Impulse over Steam.

Whether GameStop decides to sell any games requiring Steam in the future over Impulse, that's anyone's guess.
I'd doubt it, though.

[quote name='dark2025']Sorry, but adventure games are a whole different genre (e.g. Monkey Island, Myst, Broken Sword). You're looking for the survival horror games (Resident Evil, Amnesia, Fatal Frame), and yes - Cryostasis is a good game at that. Pretty atmospheric, and has a nice story.[/QUOTE]
Not to be rude or confrontational, but Survival Horror is a sub-category of the Adventure genre. There are just different kinds of Adventure - You can "point and click" or you can run around a mansion and look for that one item that works with that one door/statue.

Haunting Ground is a great example of Adventure with horror elements.

Whatever the case may be, Cryostasis does sound interesting at that price. Since I just played Silent Hill 4: The Room, I'm not too big on running from enemies at the moment. (Let's just say I didn't find Team Silent's last Silent Hill to be their best.)

bread's done
Back