Impulse: Pre-Order Red Faction, Get Two Games Free

Kurina

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Currently Impulse is offering a deal where if you buy Red Faction: Guerrilla for $40, you get the previous two red faction games for free. Considering the price, doesn't sound all that bad. Technically that would mean you are getting the new game for a little over $13.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/rfguerilla

Taken from the Impulse site:

THQ has teamed up with Impulse to offer a special pre-order offer for the upcoming PC version of the hit game, Red Faction Guerrilla. Those who pre-order the game will get Red Faction and Red Faction 2 for free (once the pre-order for Red Faction Guerrilla has been charged).

In this third installment of the series, Alec Mason arrives on Mars hungry for a new life, but tragedy strikes quickly to snuff out his dreams. Having lost everything, the player will lead the revolution against the oppressive Earth Defense Force using guerrilla tactics and strategic destruction!

This special Red Faction Guerrilla Pre-Order bundle is available for 39.99 USD | 49.99 EUR | 34.99 GBP | 99.95 AUD. For more information visit http://www.impulsedriven.com/rfguerilla

This deal sounds pretty good! Been looking forward to this game for a while now.

Quick question: How does Impulse work? Is it like Steam where you have a client that every game runs through or is it like GOG.com where you get an .exe file to install the games?

I tried looking it up on their website but all they talk about is an Object Desktop Network. I'm unsure that that is, too.

Can anyone give a quick explanation?

TctclMvPhase the ps3 version should be 50 at best buy this weekend.
beefytwinkie impulse has a client you have to use to download and install the game or patch it but it does not have to be running to play it. Overall its a nice client. I kinda like the client more than steam personally.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']This deal sounds pretty good! Been looking forward to this game for a while now.

Quick question: How does Impulse work? Is it like Steam where you have a client that every game runs through or is it like GOG.com where you get an .exe file to install the games?

I tried looking it up on their website but all they talk about is an Object Desktop Network. I'm unsure that that is, too.

Can anyone give a quick explanation?[/QUOTE]

z3razerviper summed it up pretty nicely. I also prefer it over Steam. It is very non-intrusive and consumer friendly. I enjoy just downloading and patching games through it, then closing the client and forgetting it even exists. Impulse and Gamersgate are definitely my preferred digital download services.

Damn, that's a good freaking deal.

However, I think I'll pass because I don't think I'll ever play Red Faction 1 & 2. Also because I'm wary of pre-ordering a PC game until I know it's been optimized well and doesn't run like GTA4 did.

It's an awesome deal, for sure - but yeah I don't know if I will be playing the old ones anyway so, doesn't appeal to me necessarily.
151l1259.jpg

Kurina I have not messed with any GOO enabled game have you yet? I assume its just impulse lite. So any goo game will also be in my impulse account?

[quote name='z3razerviper']Kurina I have not messed with any GOO enabled game have you yet? I assume its just impulse lite. So any goo game will also be in my impulse account?
[/QUOTE]
None are enabled yet. Paradox is going to test the system with Majesty 2 I believe and start expanding from there. I believe Stardock is still getting the word out though and pitching it to publishers. I hope we see more GOO based games in the future.

As of right now though, it's still standard games via their Impulse platform.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/news/1266_Paradox_Puts_GOO_on_Games

According to Paradox, it sounds promising:

"In our testing, we found GOO to be very effective in protecting our titles, while at the same time offering a less obtrusive user experience," continued Fredrik. "GOO meets our needs while protecting the rights of our consumers."

Does anyone know if Impulse (or Steam) is going to offer Red Faction 1 and 2 seperately at some point in the future?

I've got the game on 360, would just like to get the original two on PC.

Yea, Guerrilla was ported by a different company. I don't have high hopes for the PC version. Seems to be a way to sucker a few people into preordering because the PC version won't be any good. It has the chance to be decent, but I cannot remember the last time an outside dev made a decent port to PC. Just look at Mercs 2, absolutely horrible, ATI users can't even play with Water effects on or it'll rape the framerate.

There are many titles on Impulse using GOO, with more on the way.

Just a few examples are:

Tales of Valor
COD4
Assassins Creed
Prototype
...more

:)

RF is looking pretty sweet at the moment, and I am especially waiting to get my hands on it.

[quote name='Island Dog']There are many titles on Impulse using GOO, with more on the way.

Just a few examples are:

Tales of Valor
COD4
Assassins Creed
Prototype
...more

RF is looking pretty sweet at the moment, and I am especially waiting to get my hands on it.[/QUOTE]

Those all use GOO? Really? Huh, I must have missed that.

You should add a little note in the game page that a title uses GOO. Or at least have a list somewhere so we know which games use GOO. Or is it just safe to say that all Ubisoft and Activision games use GOO?

[quote name='Island Dog']There are many titles on Impulse using GOO, with more on the way.

Just a few examples are:

Tales of Valor
COD4
Assassins Creed
Prototype
...more

RF is looking pretty sweet at the moment, and I am especially waiting to get my hands on it.[/QUOTE]

Was this announced somewhere or? Just curious because I genearlly advocate the use of Impulse over Steam, and it would be excellent to mention to others. However, nothing is mentioned on the webpages about this, and I can't seem to find any announcements regarding this, as Stardock tends to release information on Goo enabled games.

[quote name='Kurina']Was this announced somewhere or? Just curious because I genearlly advocate the use of Impulse over Steam, and it would be excellent to mention to others. However, nothing is mentioned on the webpages about this, and I can't seem to find any announcements regarding this, as Stardock tends to release information on Goo enabled games.[/QUOTE]

Paradox is one that will be using GOO going forward, and other devs/pubs will also be using it going forward, although I can't say if every title will have it.

I'm going to mention that GOO should be listed on the product page, as I agree it would be useful for people to know. Thanks!

bread's done
Back