Impulse to buy from friends?

Riyonuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Does anyone find themselves buying a game before a friend does, just to get it before they do? I always feel like the game is ruined, storywise and funwise, when I see a game I really want, and my friend has it. Doesnt that bother you guys?

And I always seem to walk in when my friend is on the last boss, ruining the story. Like 2 days ago, came over, and FFXII was on, saw what happened to the last boss, and now I don't even want it anymore :/

Or am I all alone :p

Yay, this proves I'm not completely insane ^^

Well today my friend is going to get Assassins Creed, which I would buy if I had a PS3/360.

Alright. By some ether, and get a spare cloth. When your friend is leaving knoek him out, steal his 360/ps3, and steal your friends preorder. Easy as pie.

[quote name='Riyonuk']And I always seem to walk in when my friend is on the last boss, ruining the story. Like 2 days ago, came over, and FFXII was on, saw what happened to the last boss, and now I don't even want it anymore :/[/QUOTE]
You aren't missing much. Was playing it with my fiance, and we've resigned ourselves to not finishing the game as it's a slogfest, and as most everything's automated thanks to the Gambit system (which can be turned off, but there was no real incentive for us to do so), not a particularly interesting one. It started off great, but eventually, we just didn't feel like playing it anymore.

We left off with around 54 hours clocked in. On average, I find I can beat most Final Fantasies in around 30 hours (Tactics being the main exception), and usually spend a bit longer than that to do minigames and sidequests. In FFXII, we only did sidequests if we needed to level up.

Vaan is also one of the least interesting main characters I've ever encountered in a JRPG, the limit break system took us awhile to figure out, and the summons were damn near useless. All in all, it was definately disappointing.

However, if it makes you feel any better, I had a certain key part of FFX's ending spoiled for me before I played that game, but it was by a magazine, not a friend (still played it, but don't think I enjoyed it as much as I would've if I didn't know what was going to happen). From that and one or two other experiences, I now go out of my way to avoid spoilers about games/shows/books/etc. I want to pick up, or are in the middle of.

Nope. I don't talk to friends much so I'm not worried about being spoiled. Friends don't influence me to buy games (maybe a few times on PSN, but rarely). I just buy when I want to.

doesnt bother me if my friend gets a game before i do. i dont have the same tastes as them for every game. it's nice to get certain games at the same time so you can chat about your experiences and discuss any secrets or tactics you used.

but other than that, i don't care. if it involves spoilers, i just tell them to not tell me anything until i play the game.

blueshinra, same thing happened to me. FF7 got ruined for me. But I guess the whole spoiler thing goes away after years. Last year I got it, and I learned that Aeries died. I read how people found that to be the most emotional part of any FF game.

When I got to that point, it didnt even phase me. It had no impact whatsoever. I just kinda thought to myself "Well, I didnt even use her anyways..", :(

The Mana Knight: You don't talk to your friends much!? Are you sure there friends or just acquantinces?

This weekend,I was at my friends house playing GH.That game is so annoying!I don't know why but when I hear impulse,first thing I think about is Physics.I think Physics has gotten my brain exhausted!

A friend ruined Okami for me.

He would not shut up about it, so when I finally got to play it I was like "meh, it's ok I guess" and only got maybe 3 hours into it before ditching it.

Worst thing is, I'm the one who recommended he buy it and reminded him to at release.

[quote name='Riyonuk']blueshinra, same thing happened to me. FF7 got ruined for me. But I guess the whole spoiler thing goes away after years. Last year I got it, and I learned that Aeries died. I read how people found that to be the most emotional part of any FF game.

When I got to that point, it didnt even phase me. It had no impact whatsoever. I just kinda thought to myself "Well, I didnt even use her anyways..", :([/QUOTE]
Yeah, Aeris' death was pretty much common knowledge by the time you played it.

I liked Aeris myself, but the bit in the Northern Cave where you find out the truth about Nibelheim (and some of the truth about Cloud) affected me more than her death did.

[quote name='snakelda']This weekend,I was at my friends house playing GH.That game is so annoying!I don't know why but when I hear impulse,first thing I think about is Physics.I think Physics has gotten my brain exhausted![/QUOTE]Lol, but Physics is awesome. :D
[quote name='cochesecochese']No. Because I have no friends.[/QUOTE]Same. :whistle2:( If I lived by you, I'd be your friend.

Doesn't bother me one bit....all my friends were out at midnight buying halo 3 and i got the collectors edition 3 days later from yourfree360games for $0...this pretty much happens with every game that i want that comes out....plus im not paying full retail for it....so let them have their $60 game a few days before me...ill wait 3 days and get it for next to nothing

When Im excited for a game, I like to have it as soon as possible, but thats about it. I dont need to have it before my friends do.

I do believe there is a statute of limitations on how long your not suppossed to discuss a games story twists and endings however. For example, all my friends bought Bioshock, and we all finished it, except for one guy, who gets upset when we are all together and talk about the game. At first we respected his not wanting 'spoilers', but now its like 'finish the damn game already!'. He has it, he started it, he just never finished it. How long am I suppossed to never bring up the game when in his presence?

[quote name='Riyonuk']Maybe I should stay away from my friends :D[/QUOTE]Well, just don't let friends borrow your stuff. I had plenty of friends borrowing a few of my games back in early H.S., and all I gotta say is that the condition is no longer mint.
[quote name='Riyonuk']
The Mana Knight: You don't talk to your friends much!? Are you sure there friends or just acquantinces?[/QUOTE]Oops, I missed this part. They are acquaintances, but I still call them friends.

[quote name='Gustav Holst']All the time. I found an early copy of Mass effect so I'd have it before my friend.[/quote]

What, you only have one friend? Might be time to break away from the console and go meet some people :)

Just kidding my man

bread's done
Back