[Impulse] Tropico 3 Gold = $8.99, DOW Collection = $11.24, and more...

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)
Impulse has Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on sale for $4.99 (coupon code survey2010 drops the price 10% to $4.49).
The BC2 deal is now dead.

They also have some Weekend Impulse Buys:

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up BC2. Can't find the serial key though...

EDIT: Got it. It took about 30 minutes for it to to show on Impulse

Picked up my BC2, great price, digital deluxe edition 2 and you can Activate it in EA download Manager, so don't even worry about impulse, grab the CD Key from the Impulse download and move that over to EA

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Picked up BC2. Can't find the serial key though...[/QUOTE]

Hmm that is weird. If they didn't send you an email with your key you should be able to right click on the game in the Impulse client and click "View Registration".

[quote name='c3r1h5']Thanks for the heads up. How reliable is impulse?[/QUOTE]

I have ~25 games with them and no complaints so far. I believe you can register BC2 with EADM as well.

[quote name='Xealot42']BC2 does not use Steamworks and is not on the retail cd key list so I'm pretty sure you cannot activate it on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer. From that link I noticed I can still add the game to Steam, just not play it through Steam's interface and such.

Now the next question, how would I go about on getting DLC for this version of the game?

/edit: Adding non-Steam games reference https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557

[quote name='j-cart']Thanks for the answer. From that link I noticed I can still add the game to Steam, just not play it through Steam's interface and such.

Now the next question, how would I go about on getting DLC for this version of the game?

/edit: Adding non-Steam games reference https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557[/QUOTE]

Yes technically almost any game can be added to Steam as a "non-steam game" which will enable the steam community in game (chat, friends list). But you wont get any of the other steamworks features (downloading the game from steam, automatic updates, etc.) that comes with activating a game on Steam.

I assume you would get DLC for this version just like you would for the retail disc version through the EA Store/EA Download Manager.

[quote name='Zagros']Picked up my BC2, great price, digital deluxe edition 2 and you can Activate it in EA download Manager, so don't even worry about impulse, grab the CD Key from the Impulse download and move that over to EA[/QUOTE]

Thanks I downloaded it from EA. I don't plan on using impulse, so thanks again.

The Vietnam expansion is attached to your account, not your game. You can only buy it from EA's website. They have run a couple sales on it, so it's likely they will again in the future.

What does the digital deluxe edition include? Anyone know?

EDIT: I ask because according to every website I've found it on, it includes Vietnam. Is this not true? If it's true, this deal is insanely good since you can redeem your code as that edition in EADM.

[quote name='Das_Regal']What does the digital deluxe edition include? Anyone know?

EDIT: I ask because according to every website I've found it on, it includes Vietnam. Is this not true? If it's true, this deal is insanely good since you can redeem your code as that edition in EADM.[/QUOTE]

I thought that it did, but I'll let you know once I finish downloading it from EADM.

$5.00 for BF:BC2 is a great deal.
If you're missing this awesome shooter for some reason, there's NO reason to not hop in on this deal.

My brother told me about the deal and came to verify if this crazy deal was true. It is going to be hard surpass a deal like this, Thanks OP and Impulse.

How good is Dawn of War? I've only played 1 version of it, cant I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the collection as it's 15 bucks for it and BC2.

Even if you don't really like BC2 it's worth it for 5 bucks.

EDIT: I pulled the trigger anyway, 15 bucks for all that gaming, WOW!

Shoulda waited for tomorrow to announce the acquisition. Double Dose it. If they give Stardock some breathing room, it wont be such a bad thing hopefully.

Awesome! BFBC can be registered as the deluxe digital version with EADM! Hello Vietnam.

[quote name='hustletron']How good is Dawn of War? I've only played 1 version of it, cant I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the collection as it's 15 bucks for it and BC2.

Even if you don't really like BC2 it's worth it for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

DoW is great. For that price, that is a helluva lot of RTS gaming.

[quote name='dancingcrab']Awesome! BFBC can be registered as the deluxe digital version with EADM! Hello Vietnam.

DoW is great. For that price, that is a helluva lot of RTS gaming.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I played 1 version a while back and enjoyed it, can't remember which 1 though.

How would 1 go about registering BC2 and getting Vietnam?

I don't think that this includes Vietnam.

My download finished, and when you go to play Vietnam it asks for another code. I tried putting in the serial again and it didn't work.

I don't know enough about the Limited Edition unlocks (which are supposedly included in the Digital Deluxe Edition) to know if they're included as well.

Maybe there's some workaround that can be located, but at current it looks like this is just BC2.

[quote name='Das_Regal']I don't think that this includes Vietnam.

My download finished, and when you go to play Vietnam it asks for another code. I tried putting in the serial again and it didn't work.[/QUOTE]

Read, dancingcrab's post.

anyone interested in doing me a huge favor and buying a copy of BC2 for me? i'm in europe at the moment (student) and the deal is NA only :/ i can send paypal with utmost haste!

I registered it as the Digital Deluxe Edition when I redeemed the key in EADM, it still doesn't work for me. I think you need another code they give you when you buy the Digital Deluxe Edition to open up the extra stuff.

[quote name='Das_Regal']I registered it as the Digital Deluxe Edition when I redeemed the key in EADM, it still doesn't work for me. I think you need another code they give you when you buy the Digital Deluxe Edition to open up the extra stuff.[/QUOTE]

No you don't, you need to close the second window asking for another key, it's thinking you have another game to register.

Hit the X to close the window that's asking for another key and it will be in the your games list ready to download.

I'm downloading the ultimate edition right now, though if it's the same Ultimate edition as the consoles it wont come with Vietnam anyway.

I'm in game now. When I click the Vietnam button, it asks me to redeem a code. The options are putting it and clicking "redeem" and pressing cancel. If I press cancel, it boots me out to the main screen. If I click Vietnam again, it asks me for a code again. So unless I"m missing something, Vietnam is not included.

[quote name='Das_Regal']I'm in game now. When I click the Vietnam button, it asks me to redeem a code. The options are putting it and clicking "redeem" and pressing cancel. If I press cancel, it boots me out to the main screen. If I click Vietnam again, it asks me for a code again. So unless I"m missing something, Vietnam is not included.[/QUOTE]

Vietnam was never included in Ultimate edition, I think we were arguing the same thing and I misunderstood dancingcrab. My mistake.

You can redeem for the Ultimate edition, Vietnam is NOT part of the Ultimate edition though. It never was.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Great Deal on BC2.

On a related note, GameStop just announced they're going to acquire Impulse.[/QUOTE]

Impulse, now with 300% more stupid pre-order bonuses? :cry:

Maybe it is an early April Fools joke.

actually this is the digital deluxe edition/pc version of BFBC2. The digital deluxe comes with the Vietnam expansion but it appears you need another serial key to unlock the content.

[quote name='dancingcrab']Awesome! BFBC can be registered as the deluxe digital version with EADM! Hello Vietnam.

DoW is great. For that price, that is a helluva lot of RTS gaming.[/QUOTE]

I played Dark Crusade, never really got into it for some reason.. I think I'll buy Warcraft 3 at the gamestop sale for some oldschool rts fun.

[quote name='rayne117']OK, I've read all the posts here and STILL don't know if this includes Vietnam.[/QUOTE] It doesn't. Bit the bullet on Battlefield, i'm assuming the key will be sent in an email so I can get around actually downloading impulse?

It seems the only way to get the key is to download impulse, as it's not sent via email. Then you can uninstall it after you retrieve the key.

Thank you all! I thought it seemed too good to be true. Bought anyways.

See you all out there!

EDIT: Hm, how long does it take to process the order? I checked my past invoices on my account page and nothing is showing up. It's been an hour now so I don't know why it's not going through.

Okay, I just grabbed BC2 but I'm pretty confused. I've never heard of Impluse before this, and there's a lot of talk about EA and Steam too..

Does this use Games for Windows Live? or does it go through Impluse? If you download it through EADM, what changes?

[quote name='prettycrazy']Okay, I just grabbed BC2 but I'm pretty confused. I've never heard of Impluse before this, and there's a lot of talk about EA and Steam too..

Does this use Games for Windows Live? or does it go through Impluse? If you download it through EADM, what changes?[/QUOTE]

Did you get an email or anything with a serial number? I have no clue how to proceed either.

[quote name='rayne117']Did you get an email or anything with a serial number? I have no clue how to proceed either.[/QUOTE]

I got an email with the serial key that I entered into EA Download Manager, the email came instantly after paying via Paypal.

bread's done
Back