In a classroom, where do you normally sit

Back of the classroom, always. Usually in the a corner so I can draw coaster layouts or other random stuff in my notebook rather than pay attention. And when I was in an IT program, the back was the best because we had to have Palm Pilots (this was in 2000 - 2001), this other kid and I would play wireless billiards, couldn't get away with that in the front.

Not the front, as that draws too much attention to you. It's like the professors expect something otherwise. Else, the middle or back, wherever it's not too crowded. Preferably near the middle.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']When I was in college I always sat in the back because I was taller than everyone else and would block people's view sometimes.[/quote]That's what I do. Plus, when someone is talking to me, I HATE having to look back and talk back to them.

I sit in the back so I can do things I'm not supposed to and be unproductive.

TMK sitting in the front does not surprise me.

I sit in the front if the class interests me (Physics, History...) but if a class bores me outta my mind, no matter where the hot girls are, I'll be in the back sleeping/doodling/thinking about the hot chicks. (in reference to my awful Pre-Calculus Class)

I'll admit, Physics class was the only class I did not sit in the very front row, but still sat towards the front. The room was huge and the power point presentation text was very huge (making it easy to see). The main reason I say back a few rows was because that's where all my friends sat and that was a class we used CPS pads to take in-class quizzes (we would discuss the question and come up with an answer).

I actually have a picture of me sitting in the front of a class, which I might post sometime (It was captured from a class which was video recorded).

I would get pissed when people took all the front seats or MY special seat in class (I usually sat in the same seat everyday). It happened for one class due to sometimes getting out of a previous lab a little late at times. I'm just glad I was never forced to sit in the back due to running low on seats (because I can't see at the very back).

[quote name='mykevermin']Behind the lectern. ;)

Man, I've been in seminar classes for so long I can't remember where I sat in traditional classrooms. I do know that I am that kind of jerk who makes you crawl out of the dark back corner of the room if there's nobody within ten feet of you.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. If I were a teacher I'd abolish PJ pants. No one would be allowed to wear them :whee:

Im in a seminar class right now. It's a small one (about 12 people) but I like it much more than a traditional class room. I can't wait until grad school when I get more and more seminar style classes.

Back, it's more comfortable, and no i don't sit in the back because that's where the bad students' sit. I'm a dean's list student, it's just more comfortable as I said.

Back, but toward the middle, you want to be close enough to the bad/crazy kids so you get in on the fun, but not so close you catch any of the blame.

[quote name='benjamouth']Back, but toward the middle, you want to be close enough to the bad/crazy kids so you get in on the fun, but not so close you catch any of the blame.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I don't want to be associated with the bad people, which is part of the reason I sit near the front. It's funny because I'm a student no Professor/teacher ever forgets, but in a good way mostly (although they tell me if I'm going to have a job interview, don't get too excited like I do in their classes at times).

I sit in the back. It helps me in case I'm using a laptop, looking at something unrelated to the class since some professors have the tendency to walk around while lecturing. I also sat in the back of my history class last semester since I would ditch half-way into the lecture since it was too fucking boring to bear.

[quote name='DT778']As one of the cool kids it is required that I sit in the back.[/quote]

whats a cool person doing on CAG?

No static location, just where my friends sit, or where a girl I'd like to know is.:D
But I like the back because you get the least attention from the instructor, usually...

This reminds me of a Bart Simpson book where Bart outlines the ideal desk to sit at in his classroom: in middle, to the left or right, the spots the teacher looks least often. :cool: Remember, if you're in the back, you might not be able to get away with as much as you might think: most teachers who give a rat's behind about classroom order scan the back of the class frequently.

Of course, if you're in college, the professor generally doesn't care what you're doing.

I sit at different spots depending on the class in question. My seating choice depends on a number of variables within each individual class, such as how quiet/loud the professor is, how boring the professor/class is, whether I might have a significant amount of free time during class I might need to kill, where my friends are sitting, and, yes, where any girls might be sitting.

[quote name='w00t_culafi']I sit behind of where the hot chicks are at[/quote]

Hey, if you have a chance to sit underneath the hot chicks, I'd take it.

[quote name='w00t_culafi']I sit behind of where the hot chicks are at[/QUOTE]I'm a cool guy at CAG.
[quote name='I_Am_ProZac']Not the front, as that draws too much attention to you. It's like the professors expect something otherwise. Else, the middle or back, wherever it's not too crowded. Preferably near the middle.[/QUOTE]I see you live in WL. Go to Purdue?? I was curious because that's how many Professors seem to be (that's where I go), and tons of attention is centered around me in classes.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm a cool guy at CAG.
I see you live in WL. Go to Purdue?? I was curious because that's how many Professors seem to be (that's where I go), and tons of attention is centered around me in classes.[/quote]

misquote Mr. Cool

I tend to sit towards the back. Not in the very back, but somewhere between the middle and the back. That way I don't look like a total slacker, but I don't have to pay total attention to everything the professor says if its completely boring, such as Brittish Culture from 1660 to the present. In that case, I'll work on the crossword or sudoku puzzle in the school paper.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I like the edge because I feel uncomfortable surrounded by two people.[/QUOTE]

hahahaha someone has anxiety issues...
-Goatman

Depends... Sometimes front row if I can get one of the two last seats on the edges. I just don't like being surrounded. I like being in the one of the last 2 rows going horizontally. Usually, I go to the back, but I do go to the front sometimes.

bread's done
Back