In Deep on How to convert any movies formats and put on PSP

[quote name='nonggame']Thank Engadget for the info HERE

PSP will take over very very soon[/quote]

That statement's gonna get you in some trouble.....not that I disagree or anything...

[quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]
Why wouldn't you be able to watch Return of the King on it?

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]
Why wouldn't you be able to watch Return of the King on it?[/quote]

I was wondering the same exact thing! We must be sisters!

[quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]

I was wondering the same exact thing! We must be sisters![/quote]

Battery would die before its over. =P

[quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]

Since the PSP can only show movies for 2 hours and ROTK is 3.5.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]

Since the PSP can only show movies for 2 hours and ROTK is 3.5.[/quote]
The article above regards playing movies off of a Memory Stick, not a UMD...It would definitely last over 3.5 hours.

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]

The article above regards playing movies off of a Memory Stick, not a UMD...It would definitely last over 3.5 hours.[/quote]

You'd have to use about 6 memory sticks for a 3.5 hour movie, good luck!

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]

The article above regards playing movies off of a Memory Stick, not a UMD...It would definitely last over 3.5 hours.[/quote]

You'd have to use about 6 memory sticks for a 3.5 hour movie, good luck![/quote]
you could fit it on 1 gig

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]

You'd have to use about 6 memory sticks for a 3.5 hour movie, good luck![/quote]
Except I was talking about battery life not space on a Memory Stick, plus with the right compression, you'd be able to fit the movie on a large Memory Stick. Not to mention the fact that the more ideal situation for putting video on a PSP, would be to have TV shows and other short clips to watch, rather than a 3.5 hour long movie. Of course, the PSP must suck if it can't play movies without having to buy a large Memory Stick, I mean that's all the PSP can do, it can't play games or anything like that. :roll:

Why don't you go be a fanboy elsewhere?

[quote name='xzafixz']You'd have to use about 6 memory sticks for a 3.5 hour movie, good luck![/quote]
With a 1 Gig card, you could squeeze in the entire movie at about TV quality. Of course, the one-giggers still cost at least $150. :?

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]

Except I was talking about battery life not space on a Memory Stick, plus with the right compression, you'd be able to fit a the movie on a large Memory Stick. Not to mention the fact that the more ideal situation for putting video on a PSP, would be to have TV shows and other short clips to watch, rather than a 3.5 hour long movie. Of course, the PSP must suck if it can't play movies without having to buy a large Memory Stick, I mean that's all the PSP can do, it can't play games or anything like that. :roll:

Why don't you go be a fanboy elsewhere?[/quote]

How was I even close to being a fanboy? Whats the point of saying it can play a 3.5 hour movie off a memory stick if you can't actually put a 3.5 hour on a memory stick. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to have to pay 350-400 dollars for a PSP and memory stick so I can play TV quality movies on a 7 inch screen.

And why is "fanboy" the word of the moment? Can't say anything without being called a fanboy. PSP looks good, but crappy video on memory sticks wouldn't be a huge selling point for me.

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]

Except I was talking about battery life not space on a Memory Stick, plus with the right compression, you'd be able to fit a the movie on a large Memory Stick. Not to mention the fact that the more ideal situation for putting video on a PSP, would be to have TV shows and other short clips to watch, rather than a 3.5 hour long movie. Of course, the PSP must suck if it can't play movies without having to buy a large Memory Stick, I mean that's all the PSP can do, it can't play games or anything like that. :roll:

Why don't you go be a fanboy elsewhere?[/quote]

How was I even close to being a fanboy? Whats the point of saying it can play a 3.5 hour movie off a memory stick if you can't actually put a 3.5 hour on a memory stick. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to have to pay 350-400 dollars for a PSP and memory stick so I can play TV quality movies on a 7 inch screen.

And why is "fanboy" the word of the moment? Can't say anything without being called a fanboy. PSP looks good, but crappy video on memory sticks wouldn't be a huge selling point for me.[/quote]
If you don't want to be called a fanboy, why don't you research a little more before saying something like you have to buy 6 Memory Sticks to play a movie...Were you exaggerating? Sorry if you don't like being called a fanboy, but you sure don't try to avoid the label.

Yes, actually I was exaggerating, greatly. I have no idea how many you'd need because I really have no need to do this. And I don't think I was acting like a fanboy at all, if you want to see a fanboy look at nonggame there, thats a fanboy.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']If you don't want to be called a fanboy, why don't you research a little more before saying something like you have to buy 6 Memory Sticks to play a movie...Were you exaggerating? Sorry if you don't like being called a fanboy, but you sure don't try to avoid the label.[/quote]

Hey newb, edit your quotes so you don't take up a whole fucking page.

Since when is reviewing a new product being a fanboy? The psp is out, the features are being tested, and so far the results are pretty mediocre. As you sarcastically put, the PSP can do a whole lot more than play games...but so far, it isn't really doing ANY of it particularly well. Yeah, the graphics are beautiful, and they'll be beautiful when you're sitting next to your power outlet with the AC adapter plugged in. So far, graphics are all the PSP has over the competition at this point, and as concerned (and cheap) gamers, we have a right to discuss these issues. If you want to plunk down $300 and ignore the flaws, be my guest. It just doesn't seem inteligent at this point.

PocketPC movies average 350MB So any movie will easily fit on a 1giger.
Decoding is a pain in the ass. why didn't they just make it divx? I already have a collection for my pocket pc.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='smalien1'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='evilmax17']Can't wait to watch Return of the King on it...oh wait, nevermind, you can't.[/quote]

No, absolute minimum life is 2 hours 45 minutes (WiFi uses way too much power).

With constant UMD access it is over 5 hours.

IGN did an extensive battery life test.

Anyway, the movie would be accessed via memory card, and 3.5 hours of mpeg-4 will not fit on a 512MB or 1GB card.

The biggest issue is, why do you want to watch a 3.5 hour movie on a 4.3 inch screen?

[quote name='Quackzilla']The biggest issue is, why do you want to watch a 3.5 hour movie on a 4.3 inch screen?[/quote]
I think the bigger issue is why they only want to watch the theatrical edition now that the EE is out. :wink:

When I do videos for my GP32 I can generally fit about 2 hours of anime with a resolution of 320x240 on a 128mb smart media card due to the simplicity of the visuals, a standard 2 hour live action movie has to be split between two cards to improve visual quality if it's a very active movie so I dont see a problem with compressing a 3.5 hour movie to fit on a 512mb memstick (assuming they make one).

The visual quality might not be perfectly "cd quality" but it should be viewable.

If you want to watch video on the go buy a portable DVD player. The main problem is Sony wants to own all of your audio\video investments and still make a gaming handheld. The PSX didn't do to well in Japan as most of these multi-capable machines do. It IS a good idea...it's just that no one has really pulled it off well yet. That is actually what I still really like about Nintendo....if anything they concentrate on making a gaming console nothing more nothing less. The Gamecube doesn't suffer from DRE's....there is a reason for that. The PSP looks great but I can't help but think these things take something away from the gaming end even if only a little bit. I think they should have concentrated on making a quality gaming platform before worrying about the extras. Especially since this is their first handheld. I know they are attempting to please the older market but I think it is hurting the system.

I am still very intrested in the PSP but like I've said before I really want to wait about 6 months after launch to see how this thing really performs.

The PSX (the giant super entertainment system) was never meant to "do well", it was a market testing device, to see what features people liked, it's far too over priced even in the low end model for the average person.

The reason the GC didn't have DRE problems is that Sony is notorious for using cheaper materials which break down faster, not because they allowed it the PS2 to show movies.

The extras are just part of the package, they want to build all in one entertainment devices. The market is getting filled with them, you can't blame them for trying to make a logical leap with the PSP.

bread's done
Back