In need of a Gamecube Component Cable!!

Santurio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Does anybody have one for sell/trade or know where to get one at a reasonable price??
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

On a side note, apparently Nintendo of Japan makes DVI cables for the Gamecube (saw 'em on the Yes-Asia site)... that's really cool - huge boost in video quality.

[quote name='soulwish2003']I'll sell mine for $30... still sealed.

I prefer 'confirmed' paypal... U.S. Postal M.O. also ok.

*** - sold - ***[/quote]

Damn, that one hurts to read!!!
If you can get another I would paypal.

[quote name='Chacrana']On a side note, apparently Nintendo of Japan makes DVI cables for the Gamecube (saw 'em on the Yes-Asia site)... that's really cool - huge boost in video quality.[/quote]

can you post the website url please? thanks!

But keep this in mind fellas. (About the D link)

Price: $39.00

Item No DOL-009
Publisher Nintendo
Platform Gamecube
Category Hardware
Status Sold Out

Add to Basket
Description
The GC deftly pipes a progressive scan 480 signal to Japanese HDTV monitors and televisions when this cable is jacked in. High quality gaming requires high definition viewing.

PLEASE READ: DOES NOT WORK WITH STANDARD VGA MONITORS IN A DIRECT CONNECT CAPACITY. ALSO, DOES NOT WORK WITH USA D-TERMINAL or D-VIDEO STANDARDS WHICH are DIFFERENT FROM THE JAPANESE STANDARD. NCS SUPPLIES THIS CABLE FOR USA WITH THE XRGB-2+ UPSCAN CONVERTER ONLY.

I think I am going to hold out and wait for Nintendo to get them back in. It says they expect them in March...

The only thing annoying about the GameCube component cables is they do not include audio cables. This means you have to use both the standard A/V cable (for audio) and the component cable (for video signal). Very annoying if you have receivers and/or TVs that attempt to auto-recognize signal inputs. You can work around it, but I prefer the XBOX/PS2 cables that have audio and video coming out of the same console jack.

[quote name='Gojtron']Wow. a DVI cable? And I thought that the component cables looked good.[/quote]

It is not the same as US DVI.

The japanese DVI cable carries the same signal as a component cable, just a different shape connector.

[quote name='InfiniteStill']The only thing annoying about the GameCube component cables is they do not include audio cables. This means you have to use both the standard A/V cable (for audio) and the component cable (for video signal).[/quote]
Ah, I was wondering about that, since in the picture there were only 3 RCA jacks on the component video cable. Appreciate the info.

BTW, stupid-ass question: will the Japanese GCN component-video cable work fine with US GCNs and TVs? I don't know why it wouldn't, seeing as we all use NTSC; but I've heard of lamer incompatibilities / regional lockouts than this before, so I take nothing for granted.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']I would just use the S-video... I doubt I could tell the difference on a 20" non-HDTV[/quote]

Your right..

But thas now what this is for.

bread's done
Back