In School Looking Like i'm doing something (Just Cause)

duckymcfly99

CAGiversary!
So right now, I'm in school. you know that one place with florescent lights, bullys and crappy food. so I'm supposed to be practicing on writing checks in Business Technology, but I'm typing a review.

Story: In this made up island in the south, the government is being big jerk faces to everyone. Here is where Rico (the main character) comes in. He is supposed to help with the revolution and get rid of the asshole running the place.

Game Play: From the very beginning, you are immersed into the action. You are thrown out of plane and you think "OH MY fuckING GOD...I'M GOING TO DIE." but you don'. you use your parachute. this is the best thing about this game. you can base jump, sky dive, and eventually para sail with this thing. it is the most useful thing in your inventory. the skydiving is the best way to see the island. just find a helicopter, jump out and enjoy the view.

speaking of which, this is also done very well. you look around and you just think "holy balls". it looks positively beautiful.

now the bad things. the shooting is pretty bad. it auto locks on the target as soon as you look. it seems very cool and helpful but it takes the shooty goodness out of the hole game. just move around, hold the shoot button, and just wait for him to die. really, there needs to be at least some strategy to it.

the driving kind of sucks too. the car mechanics suck. one time, i was driving peacefully at the regulation speed of ludicrous, and then out of no where my car flips in the air, does 20 spins, lands, and proceeds to blow up. fun right? also when you fall off a bike, you stay in the same position for a long while. when running, you can run up virtually vertical (its an alliteration!) hill/mountain thing.

another interesting thing is that the game is incredibly glitchy. when running off of steps, you keep going at the same level you were just at. also, there is a well known glitch for changing weapons and jumping. epic jumping is what i call it. just jump, and start switching the weapons. you can "jump" as high as you want.

Final Word: The core of a good game lies within the guts. Not the story, but the way the game plays. If you play a game with an AWESOME story, take Halo 2, and really crappy game play (yes i said it...go cry about it!), its not as much fun right? That is how it is with this game. You play and have the sense that there needs to be more here, like some actual gunfights not "lets see who can press shoot first" fights.

the game gets old, the shooting sucks, the driving is shitty, and the music is really repetitive too. but that is not made up for with the beautiful scenery, amazing parachuting, and the great story.

So thanks for reading, and as always, if you have any questions just pm me. thanks for the read.

Oh, and special thanks to Hydro2Oxide for whipping my ass in gear. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few notes if you really want to review a game:

1) Use proper grammar. I'm not saying be some god of English, just capitalize your I's, use spell check and what not.
2) Organize your thoughts. You were all over the place, talking about the parachute, moving swiftly to the graphics and just as quickly to the bad things. I want to know what looks good about the graphics, are the animations fluid? Good lighting?
3) Your summary needs to summarize the game, not a metaphor. Something like a Pros/Cons or +/-, maybe summarize it up in a few things like scores for each counterpart (Graphics, gameplay, music etc.)

Anyhow, sorry for my grammar-nazidom but maybe you should be paying attention in school instead of writing reviews :whistle2:#

btw...i was in school...kinda hard to do that when your writing at the speed of light

oh and thanks. i need the constructive criticism. (did i spell that right? hopefully...)

bread's done
Back