In-Stock Criterion's 50% off!

Thanks for this. I was very tempted to get Robinson Crusoe on Mars but I think I've seen it for $20 elsewhere. I can't believe I missed the Criterion version of The Third Man though...OOP. At least the movie is still available though.

Hrm... Picked up Secret Sunshine, The Killing, Cul-de-Sac, and The Battle of Algiers this past weekend with the Barnes and Noble 40% off sale, which between the sale, the 20% off coupon, and the 10% member discount, came out to about 57% off. After that, I'm not sure that 50% off is good enough (especially since I'd have to buy three of them to get free shipping). ;)

If they were allowing pre-orders with this I'd probably be in for a few, but as it is, I'm probably going to pass and wait for the B&N sale in November instead.

[quote name='arcane93']Hrm... Picked up Secret Sunshine, The Killing, Cul-de-Sac, and The Battle of Algiers this past weekend with the Barnes and Noble 40% off sale, which between the sale, the 20% off coupon, and the 10% member discount, came out to about 57% off. After that, I'm not sure that 50% off is good enough (especially since I'd have to buy three of them to get free shipping). ;)[/QUOTE]

What sale and coupon are you talking about, arcane93? Now I'm curious, since I missed B&N's half-yearly.

[quote name='EeK85']What sale and coupon are you talking about, arcane93? Now I'm curious, since I missed B&N's half-yearly.[/QUOTE]

This one: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302865

It's over online, but still running in-store until... the 14th, I think (though don't quote me on that). Unfortunately, the coupon in question expired on Monday, and so far there hasn't been anything to replace it.

The next B&N Criterion 50% off sale should be in November, assuming they follow past trends. So it's not too far off at this point.

[quote name='arcane93']This one: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302865

It's over online, but still running in-store until... the 14th, I think (though don't quote me on that). Unfortunately, the coupon in question expired on Monday, and so far there hasn't been anything to replace it.

The next B&N Criterion 50% off sale should be in November, assuming they follow past trends. So it's not too far off at this point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I ended up buying the movies on Criterion's website. Saved me some gas AND tax money. Pretty good deal, actually. Got a few Wes Anderson's and Kurosawa's films. Also, FREE SHIPPING! Thanks, OP! :D

bread's done
Back