(IN STOCK) DS Lite (All Colors) for $199.90

binbinzhou

CAGiversary!
Update: All colors are available now!

Crystal White:
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2cki-71-9h-77-4-49-en-15-DS+Lite-84-j-70-17a2.html

Ice Blue:
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2cki-71-9h-77-4-49-en-15-DS+Lite-84-j-70-18um.html

Enamel Navy:
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2cki-71-9h-49-en-84-j-70-18un.html

Shipping is around $20 to US, but there are all kinds of coupons active for play-asia.com. For example, there is a $5 coupon for purchase over $40 w/paypal, and $5 for any purchase over $50.

Playasia is very trustworthy, and they ship super fast! Not a bad deal since US launch of DS lite is not yet announced!

Personally, I like the Pearl White one, ice blue is my 2nd choice. I don't know why so many people love the Navy blue one...

awww...I want a white one. I wonder if they'll get more any time soon and if they'll be $199. that's a better deal than NCSX after coupons.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Are these compatible with US games?[/quote]

No handhelds have region locks.

(does PSP? I know no nintendo handheld does.)

[quote name='SpazX']No handhelds have region locks.

(does PSP? I know no nintendo handheld does.)[/quote]

Question in regards to that, what language will the menu be in? I'm just weary of purchasing Japanese intended items and finding out that I can't read any of the home menus and whatnot~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCeBo1
Are these compatible with US games?

No handhelds have region locks.

(does PSP? I know no nintendo handheld does.)

DS doesn't have region locks. So yes, you can play US games on a Japanese DS Lite. And PSP games don't have region lock either, but UMD movies are locked by region. Hope this helps!

Question in regards to that, what language will the menu be in? I'm just weary of purchasing Japanese intended items and finding out that I can't read any of the home menus and whatnot~

All DS comes with multi-languages installed. So even if you buy the Japanese DS or DS Lite, you can easily change the menu to English or other languages. The same is true for PSP.

[quote name='tianlian']Question in regards to that, what language will the menu be in? I'm just weary of purchasing Japanese intended items and finding out that I can't read any of the home menus and whatnot~[/QUOTE]
What I'm wondering also

[quote name='binbinzhou']Question in regards to that, what language will the menu be in? I'm just weary of purchasing Japanese intended items and finding out that I can't read any of the home menus and whatnot~

All DS comes with multi-languages installed. So even if you buy the Japanese DS or DS Lite, you can easily change the menu to English or other languages. The same is true for PSP.[/quote]

Uh oh, I think I just shat myself....now to come up with the funds...

[quote name='binbinzhou']Personally, I like the Pearl White one, ice blue is my 2nd choice. I don't know why so many people love the Navy blue one...[/QUOTE]
Maybe because IT'S AMAZINGLY AWESOMELY COOL!!!!!!!111

No, really, it is very slick. :)

I'd definitely go with the white one...any of them that aren't white will liekly show scratches very easily due to the type of coating on the DS Lite...think Ipod Nano.

Ok, so we know the DSL is region free, but will there be any cosmetic differences? I know there's no way to know for sure, but I mean just by judging from the past - were there differences between the Japanese and U.S. DS or GBA?

Nintendo could wrap the remains of what they had for lunch in a new package, and you people would stand in line and pay double what it cost just for the priviledge of being one of millions to own it.

Personally I'll wait for the US Launch and hold on to the extra $100 for something else. :)

My original DS is suffice for now.

I dont see there being any difference in an american launch, maybe we might get a couple of different colors... or we might just get ONE color for like 6 months.

The Navy blue is the closest to black we'll probably see for the next YEAR. it look's classy and less toylike, it'd make a person proud to whip out in public.

[quote name='Collaborator']Nintendo could wrap the remains of what they had for lunch in a new package, and you people would stand in line and pay double what it cost just for the priviledge of being one of millions to own it.[/QUOTE]

actually, I don't pay for it. I wait till they throw it away and dumpster dive for it.

[quote name='mkelehan']It'll be here May 21. I promise. Don't know what colors yet.[/QUOTE]

...and it may be just as impossible to buy as the Japanese launch.

I'll hold off till its released here as well...can't see myself paying more than 130 for it. Plan on selling mine to a friend and then getting the Lite.

Great system I've had mine for about 6 months now....no scratches....and I still play it more than my 360 and PC games...mainly because the games are great (advance wars, age of empires, Tetris DS, and mario kart) and I can play em anywhere.

Just ordered the Enamel Navy. I have Mario Kart, Trace Memory and Animal Crossing sitting on my shelf sealed and Phoenix Wright just arrived from Gamefly yesterday. I couldn't wait 7-8 weeks to play these games. I figured importing would cost nearly the same as buying a regular DS now and then trading it in for a U.S. DS Lite at the end of May. Thanks for the update OP!

I don't get why some people "have to have it NOW." It's a DS with a brighter screen; it's not even a major overhaul like the GBA SP was. I hope you guys REALLY like this thing. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it as well, but I have a little self-control.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I don't get why some people "have to have it NOW." It's a DS with a brighter screen; it's not even a major overhaul like the GBA SP was. I hope you guys REALLY like this thing. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it as well, but I have a little self-control.[/QUOTE]

not a major overhaul? it's exactly the same thing: a brighter screen and a smaller design in multiple colors. how exactly is that different from going from a GBA to a GBA SP?

[quote name='monkeypox']not a major overhaul? it's exactly the same thing: a brighter screen and a smaller design in multiple colors. how exactly is that different from going from a GBA to a GBA SP?[/quote]

Agreed.

He's most likely broke and can't afford a Lite.

It's what gets him to sleep at night.

[quote name='monkeypox']not a major overhaul? it's exactly the same thing: a brighter screen and a smaller design in multiple colors. how exactly is that different from going from a GBA to a GBA SP?[/QUOTE]

The SP went from no light to a pretty good light. This goes from a great light to a greater light, not nearly as important. The SP also added the folding design and rechargeable battery. While it'd be crazy to pay a huge premium for an SP at the time of launch, this is much crazier. IMO anyone paying double the price of a DS (as they've been posted for $100 or less multiple times) for a Lite is in no way a Cheapass Gamer.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']The SP went from no light to a pretty good light. This goes from a great light to a greater light, not nearly as important. [/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the pricing and the craziness, but I wouldn't classify the SP's light (at least the SP version sold last year with the "genuinely bright" LCD screen) as "pretty good" and the DS' "great." That particular SP version's backlit screen is FAR superior to the DS, IMHO -- way better in terms of brightness and color clarity. How is that "not nearly as important" an upgrade??

I haven't seen the DS Lite but from reading the reviews, it seems the DS Lite's screens are every bit as crisp and bright as the 2005 SP's. If that's the case, I at least can't wait to see how much more "colorful" the graphics on the DS will be, in addition to the better, brighter screen making long gaming sessions easier on the eyes.

That all being said I wouldn't pay this amount of cash at all for the DS Lite. Better to wait, what, a few WEEKS now (May is just around the corner, should that prove to actually be the date), sell my old DS, and fork down hopefully a quarter of this $200+ price to do so. :)

What's the estimated US price for the DS Lite? I ask cuz my DS recently took a nasty spill, cracking 40% of the LCD screen beneath the touch screen. God bless it, though, for the touch still faithfully works. Now I have to keep it until I get the new one, so I can transfer my configuration on the new one. In the meantime, I have to play my games offline (and this happened not too long ago before the Tetris and Metroid releases.

I'm wondering if the difference in time justifies the extra money spent if I get this DS Lite now. Plus, I'll be getting it for the navy color, too, which has not been announced yet whether multiple colors will be released...

[quote name='vulcan300']What's the estimated US price for the DS Lite? I ask cuz my DS recently took a nasty spill, cracking 40% of the LCD screen beneath the touch screen. God bless it, though, for the touch still faithfully works. Now I have to keep it until I get the new one, so I can transfer my configuration on the new one. In the meantime, I have to play my games offline (and this happened not too long ago before the Tetris and Metroid releases.

I'm wondering if the difference in time justifies the extra money spent if I get this DS Lite now. Plus, I'll be getting it for the navy color, too, which has not been announced yet whether multiple colors will be released...[/QUOTE]

Some say $150, EGM seems to think it'll be $130.

wait a few weeks for supply to pick up and it'll be cheaper than 199 for an import(if it doesn't come out in May in the U.S.)

Yes, I'm a "Nintendo-Ho". Sold my PSP last month ($220) to help fund the Lite. I'll be selling my DS and my wife's after picking up the white and light blue ones, no matter what the cost is. When it comes to Nintendo, I'm NOT a CAG. Sad, hua?

[quote name='KaneRobot']I don't get why some people "have to have it NOW." It's a DS with a brighter screen; it's not even a major overhaul like the GBA SP was. I hope you guys REALLY like this thing. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it as well, but I have a little self-control.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I imported the Lite in order to save money by selling off my old DS and a couple games that I no longer wanted. I got a decent amount of money from it (almost $200), so importing the Lite cost me next to nothing.

I would imagine that eBay prices for the old DS will drop once the Lite is released here, which is why I wanted to sell it as soon as possible. Of course, if you want to keep your old DS then it probably would be wise to wait instead of paying a higher price to import.

Is the actual MSRP for the Lite higher than the old DS in Japan? I know price gouging is going on, but if it is SUPPOSED to be the same price, then I assume it will be the same way when it comes to the US and I can wait a month or two to save nearly $80. Plus I want a white one anyway.

Yeah, i ordered it and im waiting for it ot ship in. My DS my brother got for me for the christmas it came out, im selling it to someone at work for $60 vs. $50 gamestop trade in. I ordered a case with it too.

I belived DS LITE MSRP $129.99 and Orginal DS drop down $99.99 - $119.99 but i am holding of for Black DS LITE or possible New Mario Bros or Metroid Prime Hunters bundle with special color ;)

Hmm, well, i was looking around and i think the original price of the DS lite in japan was 135, well according to Wikipedia. However, on the Japanese website it says 16800 yen, and by quickly checking the currency converter, it's comes out to 143.063960 USD according to the present exchange rates. Hmm, I'm supposing it'll be around 139.99? Hopefully if they don't take into account stuff like shipping it over here and demand in Japan right now.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I belived DS LITE MSRP $129.99 [/QUOTE]

LOL, you're dreaming if you think that they're gonna release the Lite at the current DS MSRP. The Lite is gonna be new and sexy and will easiley sell for more than $129.99. Look at how many people are willing to pay $199.90 or more for it already, on a site that promotes being a cheapass no less.

[quote name='SteveGo']LOL, you're dreaming if you think that they're gonna release the Lite at the current DS MSRP. The Lite is gonna be new and sexy and will easiley sell for more than $129.99. Look at how many people are willing to pay $199.90 or more for it already, on a site that promotes being a cheapass no less.[/QUOTE]

You're making it sound like it's going to be $249.99. As long as it's not packed with a game, I'll probably be $150.

[quote name='KaneRobot']You're making it sound like it's going to be $249.99. As long as it's not packed with a game, I'll probably be $150.[/QUOTE]

Not really, I was just emphasing how far fetched it would be for Nintendo to release the Lite at the current DS MRSP, given its popularity in Japan and the buzz being created over here.

I personally think it will be around $150 as well, sorry if I didn't explicitly state that.

When is Nintendo planning to send out the next large shipment again? Sometime mid-April? Do you guys think the import price might drop then? 'Course, by then, it'd be only a month until it comes in the US.

Every time I look at my broken DS, a tear comes to my eye. And my girlfriend's not too keen on me swiping hers in the meantime...

We're all guessing at this point, but my guess is we'll see the Lite in the U.S. for $149.99 and $179.99 bundle with game (saving $5 versus $34.99 normal first party nintendo game price).

I would love for it to be cheaper though!!!!!

I can manage the wait--although my guess is we'll see the bundles *after* the Mario release. Not by much, but by a few weeks or so....just like we saw with Nintendogs and MarioKart. That way people who are REALLY into it might break down and buy the game twice, plus they don't want bundle sells to depress the #1 ranking possibility the new Mario game could get for sales (that kind of press is important).

So, it will be frustrating trying to decide whether to wait on both!!!!!!!

My biggest problem will be waiting until Christmas. I would bet that Nintendo will release some snazzy colors in both the DS and Revolution to match up--but I bet the DS colors along those lines won't be out until late Fall. It would be so cool to have that green or red color they showed off the Revolution in last year....but I don't think I can wait that long for a Lite!!

Gotta be $149.99

Though 179.99 with that Mario game is just as good. That's about as must-own a game as the system will get, and maybe it'll stream demand some so that shartages won't be quite as bad.

I'm skeptical of this May date...they should've announced that by now. Gamestores aren't even taking pre-orders yet.

bread's done
Back