[In stock!] Final Fantasy XII for $37.99 at CircuitCity.com!

[quote name='psyanide82']Sure it say 38 bucks, but you can't actually order it. It will probably go back up when it comes out.[/quote]

Nooooooo, look at my link. It's in this weeks Circuit City ad. It is $37.99 at all Circuit Citys all week long.

Sweet price in this weeks ad. I heard that the game has already shipped and some stores already have the game in Stock. Ebgames in my mall are doing an 11PM launch party tomorrow. I may show up, there could be free swag hopefully.

$32.49 for FFXII is not bad deal. I'll get my local CC pricematch with BB $5 off coupon. The holiday around the corner you think it'll be on sale under $25 or less ??

I think the deal is worthy of its own thread.
Hell, Joystiq even posted it.

Looks like we've got a new competitor....one that doesn't understand that contacting the retailers PR reps is a great way to ruin deals.

[quote name='Masterkyo']$32.49 for FFXII is not bad deal. I'll get my local CC pricematch with BB $5 off coupon. The holiday around the corner you think it'll be on sale under $25 or less ??[/quote]

how do you calculate $32? Is there something I am missing?

Gamestop called me up saying they're doing a Monday Midnight release for it. So stores probably already have the game. None of that bs 'shipping date' stuff hopefully.

[quote name='Liquidus']Is this deal also within all physical Circuit City stores?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was also in this Sunday's ad. I was a little bit shocked to see it priced so low, but CC usually has one realy great deal on software or video games every week.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']I couldn't get ahold of an ad, think BB will PM a printout of the page?[/quote]

Same here, I'm not sure where to get it now but will they taked a print out?

Also will they pricematch for sure? Last time I tried something that was really low and they said they wouldn't but it was a printing error.

Also are the $5 off coupon instores?

[quote name='crazyj']Same here, I'm not sure where to get it now but will they taked a print out?

Also will they pricematch for sure? Last time I tried something that was really low and they said they wouldn't but it was a printing error.

Also are the $5 off coupon instores?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll have to much trouble. It's not a mistake, and the deals good enough that they should already know about it even if you don't have the ad at all.

i be waiting in line for a used one at GOOZEX. all the people buying im sure there will be plenty of used ones within a few weeks. OR if Best buy allows me to do a price match and use Best buy bucks.

i dont think i want to use 50 Best buy bucks on this game since so many people are buying it . it be common to find used

the different release date on the ad is a bit strange. I hope that's not the trade-off (its cheaper but two days late). Somebody who heads over to CC earlier in the day tomorrow post a report here?

I can't decide whether to buy this for $38 now, or just wait for it to hit $20 next year.

If this were a "real" Final Fantasy game (ie the Final Fantasy guy who's now doing Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey), I'd buy it even if it were $50...

Even still this looks pretty promising-even though I hate the Final Fantasy Tactics games and Vagrant Story.

[quote name='CheapyD']I think the deal is worthy of its own thread.
Hell, Joystiq even posted it.

Looks like we've got a new competitor....one that doesn't understand that contacting the retailers PR reps is a great way to ruin deals.[/quote]

Why would anyone think it is a good idea to call up a store and point out an insanely low price?

[quote name='bassec']Where do you get $5 coupons?[/quote] I wanna know about that 2. good price but i already have pre-ordered the Colectors Edition long time ago. only one day of less till i get my hands of this badboy i been waiting for this best game of 2006.

[quote name='javeryh']Why would anyone think it is a good idea to call up a store and point out an insanely low price?[/QUOTE]

But CC's advertising this! They want people to know about it. It's not like this is a price mistake that they're gonna retract (competitor Fry's is selling for the same price), so I really don't have a problem with Joystiq reporting on this and contacting a rep, even if that's a rather unnecessary action.

You can pick up a Gamer Gift Card at Best Buy and use that when you price match.

[quote name='bassec']Where do you get $5 coupons?[/quote]

I just called my local CC and talked to someone in the video game section. They said that they got a box or 2 in today and that they will be on the shelves when they open tomorrow. Sooooooooooo, looks like Im going to GS now to cancel my pre-order unless this "Midnight release party" is gonna offer something special.

Btw, would it be possible to cancel my pre-order once the game arrives? I dont get out of class until 1pm tomorrow, and I dont want it to be sold out at CC and then not be able to pick it up at GS because I already canceled, so Im trying to cover my ass.

There's no Circuit City near me, but the website says 'coming soon'.

Is there a chance the website will offer the game for $38 later this week? Or will it just say 'coming soon' until next week and go back up to $50?

[quote name='WorkerX']There's no Circuit City near me, but the website says 'coming soon'.

Is there a chance the website will offer the game for $38 later this week? Or will it just say 'coming soon' until next week and go back up to $50?[/QUOTE]

Its on sale all week, it just says coming soon right now since it doesnt officially drop untill tomorrow. I would order it now just in case it gets backordered but it should technially be up all week..

I can't decide to go with this or get the Collector's Edition at EB/GS. I mean I'd have to say get the regular edition, because I doubt it'd be worth the extra 25-30 bucks.

[quote name='Puppy']I can't decide whether to buy this for $38 now, or just wait for it to hit $20 next year.

If this were a "real" Final Fantasy game (ie the Final Fantasy guy who's now doing Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey), I'd buy it even if it were $50...

Even still this looks pretty promising-even though I hate the Final Fantasy Tactics games and Vagrant Story.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, let's see...it takes 9-12 months typically for a game to hit $20...and that's an $18 difference....sooooo....(does the math)....that works out to $1.50 to $3 per month...

ARE YOU CRAZY???!!!!!!

Of course that's worth it!!

IMO, of course...

I'll be getting it at CC tomorrow!

is the 5 dollar BB coupon the same as the gamer gift card coupon or is there a new coupon that has come out recently?

In my opinion if you can hold out for a few days (and don't need it immediately) go for Buy.com's FF XII free shipping / no tax / Google Checkout deal for 37.99 shipped (and several cash back sites give you 2% back)

The other option is if your BB still carries gamer gift cards... then price match & take $5 off for a slightly better price after tax ($35.87 or so + whatever cost of gas driving there & back, time spent in the store, risk probability of them not letting you combine PM with coupon)...

Since I don't need the game immediately & BB is about 15 miles going there and back (meaning a cost of about $1.04 in gas based on my relatively efficient Hyundai), and my time is important to me, I'll pay the net differential of $0.22 (after 2% cash back from a certain deal site) and wait for the game to arrive in the mail from Buy.com :)

[quote name='haji']In my opinion if you can hold out for a few days (and don't need it immediately) go for Buy.com's FF XII free shipping / no tax / Google Checkout deal for 37.99 shipped (and several cash back sites give you 2% back)

The other option is if your BB still carries gamer gift cards... then price match & take $5 off for a slightly better price after tax ($35.87 or so + whatever cost of gas driving there & back, time spent in the store, risk probability of them not letting you combine PM with coupon)...

Since I don't need the game immediately & BB is about 15 miles going there and back (meaning a cost of about $1.04 in gas based on my relatively efficient Hyundai), and my time is important to me, I'll pay the net differential of $0.22 (after 2% cash back from a certain deal site) and wait for the game to arrive in the mail from Buy.com :)[/quote]
Thanks!, saves 3 dollars! Holla!

[quote name='haji']The other option is if your BB still carries gamer gift cards... then price match & take $5 off for a slightly better price after tax ($35.87 or so + whatever cost of gas driving there & back, time spent in the store, risk probability of them not letting you combine PM with coupon)... [/quote] As you said, it's a big YMMV that they will let you combine PM and GGC (unless the register would still automatically deduce the $5 off a price overwrite).

[quote name='haji']is the 5 dollar BB coupon the same as the gamer gift card coupon or is there a new coupon that has come out recently?[/QUOTE]
They are the same.

Yes, it's the same as the Gamer Gift Card.

[quote name='haji']is the 5 dollar BB coupon the same as the gamer gift card coupon or is there a new coupon that has come out recently?[/quote]

[quote name='Sayjin']I just called my local CC and talked to someone in the video game section. They said that they got a box or 2 in today and that they will be on the shelves when they open tomorrow. Sooooooooooo, looks like Im going to GS now to cancel my pre-order unless this "Midnight release party" is gonna offer something special.

Btw, would it be possible to cancel my pre-order once the game arrives? I dont get out of class until 1pm tomorrow, and I dont want it to be sold out at CC and then not be able to pick it up at GS because I already canceled, so Im trying to cover my ass.[/quote]

It depends on what EBGames store you ordered your FFCE from. You should have called around to see whos doing what. Most are just doing the cookies, and punch route, ugh. Some stores might give away free stuff like game demos, and shirts.

I have my CE ready at GS and I'm gonna pricematch that bitch at Best Buy and maybe be able to use the GGC (tho not likely). Here's to hoping to get it for $32.

[quote name='javeryh']Why would anyone think it is a good idea to call up a store and point out an insanely low price?[/quote]

They did this same thing a couple years back when Halo 2 launched. They are planning to take a loss on each copy sold to bring in more customers for the Holiday season.

[quote name='Puppy']I can't decide whether to buy this for $38 now, or just wait for it to hit $20 next year.

Even still this looks pretty promising-even though I hate the Final Fantasy Tactics games and Vagrant Story.[/quote]

How is this not a real Final Fantasy? The guy that directed this game did Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story. Every FF has evolved and this time, hopefully, it's for the better.

[quote name='depascal22']How is this not a real Final Fantasy? The guy that directed this game did Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story. Every FF has evolved and this time, hopefully, it's for the better.[/quote]

Well, FFIX kind of de-evolved... :roll:

I'm buying this at Circuit City tomorrow (or asap), to stay on topic. I'm almost on the edge of getting there when the store opens, although I do want my daily sleep until noon.

bread's done
Back