[In stock!] Final Fantasy XII for $37.99 at CircuitCity.com!

[quote name='anderton']Well, FFIX kind of de-evolved... :roll:

I'm buying this at Circuit City tomorrow (or asap), to stay on topic. I'm almost on the edge of getting there when the store opens, although I do want my daily sleep until noon.[/quote]

i enjoyed IX. probably more than others.:)

The price is good at the B&M stores too. Mine (Waterford Lakes / Orlando) got in about 30.

They didn't see the box last night so while waiting for them to find it / unload it I talked to one of the managers about PS3, he said they'd probably only have one of each model in on launch day.

Which means one for him and probably one for the guy that came back with my FFXII :p

I was at CC waterford orlando this mornign and they didnt have their ffxii's in yet so me and a couple other people grabbed adds and headed over to the best buy across the street where they had a ton, we got the free art book and price matched it was quite amusing.

[quote name='Wicked93']I was at CC waterford orlando this mornign and they didnt have their ffxii's in yet so me and a couple other people grabbed adds and headed over to the best buy across the street where they had a ton, we got the free art book and price matched it was quite amusing.[/quote]

Is the art book worth it? Is the price match + art book YMMV?

[quote name='keithp']Hmm, let's see...it takes 9-12 months typically for a game to hit $20...and that's an $18 difference....sooooo....(does the math)....that works out to $1.50 to $3 per month...

ARE YOU CRAZY???!!!!!!

Of course that's worth it!!

IMO, of course...

I'll be getting it at CC tomorrow![/quote]

You're probably right. I'd do it for sure if I didn't have such a HUUUUUUGE backlog of games right now. As it is I don't really "need it", and probably won't start it until late next year anyway, but I'm still tempted. (I tend to play games in reverse order of how much I want to play them-silly, I know).

[quote name='depascal22']How is this not a real Final Fantasy? The guy that directed this game did Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story. [/quote]

Exactly. Final Fantasy = Hironobu Sakaguchi. In all likelihood, the real sequels will be Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

On top of that, I *hate* both Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story. Couldn't stand those three games.

By all rights I should be running in fear from FF12, but what I've seen so far really impresses me. Technically it LOOKS astounding. First time I've been blown away by a PS2 game since FFX. More importantly, I'm actually really intrigued by the battle system. And I'm relieved that the story is actually supposed to be decent (reviews have specifically mentioned it's surprisingly NOT like FF Tactics). I'm actually expecting to enjoy this.

I guess best case scenario, we'll end up with two uber RPG series now. Though I'm still 20% scared I'm going to hate this.

[quote name='Layd Dly']i enjoyed IX. probably more than others.:)[/quote]

I loved 9 and 10 the most, and probably about equally. IMO they're both brilliant, and are near-flawlessly executed in terms of both story, gameplay "system", and technical aspects (graphics, music, etc.).

I'd have to say FF2 is my least favorite, followed probably by 4, then 1/5. (Though I still really enjoyed 2!)

eh, sounds like a deal. but I don't want to buy the game just for the FF name. the demo that came in DQ8 last year was terrible, I hated the battle system.

[quote name='Puppy']You're probably right. I'd do it for sure if I didn't have such a HUUUUUUGE backlog of games right now. As it is I don't really "need it", and probably won't start it until late next year anyway, but I'm still tempted. (I tend to play games in reverse order of how much I want to play them-silly, I know).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right. It's only a good deal if you're actually going to play it! :)

It *is* hard not to get caught up in all the hype, but when a game is getting near rave reviews across the board it's hard not to. I'm forsaking my CAG tendencies to even get it at $38, but since I don't expect it to drop any time soon I figure it's worth that $18 to me.

[quote name='Puppy']Is the art book worth it? Is the price match + art book YMMV?[/quote]

Not really, it wasn't much. Yeah they only had a limited amount of art books and far more copies of the game than the art book. As far as i know if you buy the game and they have the art book its free, they had no problem doing the price match for me, but it could very well be YMMV. My store was to busy to really care i think.

[quote name='Wicked93']Not really, it wasn't much. Yeah they only had a limited amount of art books and far more copies of the game than the art book. As far as i know if you buy the game and they have the art book its free, they had no problem doing the price match for me, but it could very well be YMMV. My store was to busy to really care i think.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, no problem for me either. The BB in Brooklyn Center, MN pricematched the game and gave me the art book for free but would not take $5 off for the GCC.

CC's site finally lets me add FFXII to the cart, but when I go to the checkout, it says there are no items in my cart?? Do they have it now or not? ...

[quote name='WorkerX']CC's site finally lets me add FFXII to the cart, but when I go to the checkout, it says there are no items in my cart?? Do they have it now or not? ...[/quote]
I'm having the same problem.

fuck Circuit City... went over there at 10:30 am, didn't see the game at all, didn't find anyone to ask about it, so I just grabbed the ad and went across the street to Best Buy. Didn't know about the art book thing or whatever, but then again I don't care.

It's easier to give myself a lobotomy than to shop at Circuit City.

[quote name='Roufuss']fuck Circuit City... went over there at 10:30 am, didn't see the game at all, didn't find anyone to ask about it, so I just grabbed the ad and went across the street to Best Buy. Didn't know about the art book thing or whatever, but then again I don't care.

It's easier to give myself a lobotomy than to shop at Circuit City.[/quote]

I feel your pain. My CC is full of morons, too, even the semi-attractive girl who helped me during the $4.99 points card deal wasn't the sharpest nail in the shed. I'm planning to just go straight to BB w/the ad today.

And speaking of morons, what's with Joystiq being fucking clueless about deal posting? Cheapy needs to call Christopher Grant or something--if you don't know how to blog about deals, then don't fucking post them.

My local Best Buy (South Setauket LI) offered me a 15$ giftcard instead of a 37.99 price match so I took it, in addition to the free artbook.

They also rang me up improperly and I was charged 52.99 instead of 54.30

[quote name='bobo2k4']Quick question, does compusa price match?
Can I use a print out of the ad?[/quote]Yes they do price match, but it would be in your best interests to have the real ad just in case. I usually do a print out, then they call the nearest CC in the area to confirm the price. So either one would be fine, but the real ad would be the safest.

I printed up the screen from CC.com and went into Play-n-Trade. (PNT is a new franchise that is quickly showing up in every state) They price matched it.

How does the free strategy guide work? Can I get it at Bestbuy only with the CC ads? Do I just pick up the magazine and wait in line with the game? Thanks!

I just called the 1-800 number on CircuitCity.com to try and order from them, since FFXII would disapear from the cart after step one in the ordering process. After about 10 minutes of talking to someone I find out that FFXII is not avalible on their site and they will send me an email when they have it in stock. :roll:

[quote name='tiredfornow']theres no free strategy guide dawg, it's a book with cute pictures.[/quote]

Thanks dude.

I already pre-ordered the FFXII CE from gamestop but I'm anxious to play this game. I'm tempted to just go down and pick up the regular edition and hope the CE will rise in worth later on. But it sounds like there's a lot of FFXII CE's in stock out there...I might be taking a gamble.

Picked up at CC. Had trouble locating it, but they were in the middle of the aisle in a display stand/box, not on the shelves.

Be aware if you're looking for it that they may NOT be on the shelves!!

Grabbed the second to the last one there, then when checking out the guy behind me asked if there were any more left and said that he couldn't find them, so I showed him the display stand and he nabbed the last one.

Apparently I wasn't the only one having trouble finding them.

Just an FYI, I picked up Pokemon Rangers & FFXII at the local BB today. I had them pricematch to CC, picked up an art book, and got a $10 giftcard as part of some promotion they're running.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I just called the 1-800 number on CircuitCity.com to try and order from them, since FFXII would disapear from the cart after step one in the ordering process. After about 10 minutes of talking to someone I find out that FFXII is not avalible on their site and they will send me an email when they have it in stock. :roll:[/quote] That's what I figured, but then it shouldn't be listed to add to cart in the first place, as it's misleading. Has anyone had luck ordering from CC online? On another forum somebody said they did this morning. Whatever...

[quote name='gunm']I feel your pain. My CC is full of morons, too, even the semi-attractive girl who helped me during the $4.99 points card deal wasn't the sharpest nail in the shed. I'm planning to just go straight to BB w/the ad today.

And speaking of morons, what's with Joystiq being fucking clueless about deal posting? Cheapy needs to call Christopher Grant or something--if you don't know how to blog about deals, then don't fucking post them.[/quote]
CC is based out of my state and they don't seem to get it right here either.

I simply did the price match at BB to get the extra art thing. Unfortunately, I got a competent person at customer service and she actually read the GGC coupon and she didn't let me use it, but that's okay, FFXII for 40 bucks after tax with a freebie :applause:.

I picked this up at CC in Union Square for $38. I was so tempted by the great price and the hype surrounding this game that I simply couldn't resist. It was a well thought out impulse purchase.

I told myself if I don't find the time to crack it open between now and GOW launching I will return it and be none the worse.

Damn CC and that price!

[quote name='Roufuss']fuck Circuit City... went over there at 10:30 am, didn't see the game at all, didn't find anyone to ask about it, so I just grabbed the ad and went across the street to Best Buy. Didn't know about the art book thing or whatever, but then again I don't care.

It's easier to give myself a lobotomy than to shop at Circuit City.[/quote]

You cant tell me there were no employees in the store at all. My Circuit City had the game behind the front desk so all you had to do was ask.

Okay I just got back from CC in Pasadena. I alsot visited Target, GameStop and Best Buy as well.

What I did was go to CC, looked around for FFXII (just out of curiousity) but couldn't find any copies on the shevles. I didn't really notice any stands with the game at all. I went around the games section 3 times. Doesn't matter, I went there for the ad.

Got the ad and headed over to Best Buy. Lots of FFXII but I couldn't find the art book, so I asked. The guy brought me back to the stands where the games were and picked up a DVD box at the bottom and told me that was the free Art booklet thing.

The Art Collection booklet comes packaged in a DVD case at no extra charge. So I took that and a copy of FFXII to the register and whipped out the CC ad for a pricematch. Worked of course. There were still 4-5 Art Collection boxes left along with LOTS of FFXII copies. Also, all regular FFXII strategy guides are $5 off if you buy the game (bringing it down to 14.99).

I also went to GameStop right next to BB (lots of FFXII there). They also had 7-8 thick LE FFXII guides. I was tempted to snag one but at 29.99 without a 20% discount, I couldn't bare to spend that much.

If you buy the CE of FFXII in-store, u get to purchase the regular or LE version of the guide with a discount. Both the game and guide must be purchased at the same time.

[quote name='outlawmoogle']You cant tell me there were no employees in the store at all. My Circuit City had the game behind the front desk so all you had to do was ask.[/QUOTE]

Too bad I didn't waste time waiting in line at customer service just to get something that "might have been" behind the front desk... by the way, I was going to go to CS, but there was a line and no reps that I could see.

The only other girl working in media was STOCKING tuesday's new releases (at 10:30 am Tuesday, no less) and had 4 or 5 people crowding around her asking her questions about movies and cd's.

In the time it took to get help at that god awful chain, I got the ad, went across the street to Best Buy, PM'ed the game, and was out of the store.

Who the hell keeps games behind the CS desk anyways? The local BB had a huge display set up for it.

I went to Best Buy as well because I wanted the art book. They said I couldn't get the book if I pricematched but they offered me the $15 gift card deal. So, I paid full price for the game but got the book and a $15 gift card free. Worked great for me since I was paying with a gift card anyway... so no loss at all.

If somebody PM's at Best Buy and gets the art book and decides they don't really want the art book, I'd throw someone a few dollars Paypal for it.

[quote name='Trakan']What's this artbook look like? How big is it?[/QUOTE]

It's like a mini artbook... all I know is that it fits into a DVD case.

I saw it at my local Best Buy this morning, I assumed it was some kind of bonus DVD since it was in a DVD case, and I didn't know what kind of deal they were running on the game and I didn't have alot of time after CC wasted most of mine.

I'm going to take my receipt back there tommorrow to see if I can still get one but chances are they are long gone.

I pm'd at BB to get a little Reward Zone points (plus BB is so much better than CC) and got the FFXII DVD case which supposedly has the artbook in it. Maybe I should open it and see. :)

I picked up FFXII at Circuit City for $32.99

I used the 10% off any game $19.99 or higher but the CSR took off 10% from the $50 retail price.
IMO, the artbook at BB is not worth an extra $5

Nice pickup.

I just ordered a copy from CC, free shipping, it's supposed to ship out tomorrow, I'm hoping it'll get here by about Tuesday next week.

I have a test Tuesday night...but only one class on Wednesday, so I can clock some mad FFXII hours.

Bought this at Circuit City at 6:30PM. They didn't have any when I went at 2:00 before class, so I'm assuming they got lazy and didn't bother to put it out until the 5:00 shift.

[quote name='animemaniac14']i forget but how long are pricematches good for?[/quote]
They are good as long as the ad is running. Another thing you can do to, is buy it at best buy, then price match it at customer service. Because if you buy it, then pricematch, they beat the price by 10%. So you get it for 37.99-10%.

bread's done
Back