In Stock: Guitar Hero III Wii , $84.99 free Shipping @ NewEgg!

Nice find. I am thinking about ordering one for my cousin. He played it at my house and wanted it for Christmas, but probably never got around to buying it. Ebay prices are like $40 over MSRP, so that would deter him from getting it there.

Thanks OP :) I have heard a lot of bad things about the Wii one having Mono sound but you're right they do sell for a good penny on eBay. I've sold a couple that I won at Dave & Busters but they were more in the $110-$130 range, but still with free shipping that's an easy $20 profit+ there :) I like New Egg too. Great company!

Good deal, wrong version (for me). I wish the wireless 360 version was available at this price. It shows 100 in stock for anyone interested in this item.

Yup. Newegg is a great site... Funny thing is I just was at Walmart, Target, and Best Buy -- no one has them in stock. Glad I went home was looking at Newegg for some DVDs.. came accross the GH III for the Wii. I've played it at a friends house.. I enjoyed it. I have the Xbox 360 GH II... it will be nice to play this on the Wii. I won't be selling it on eNuts.

s701!

For the numb nuts trying to sell this on eBay (which is what probably happened because there were plenty in stock a bit ago), after fees, the profit margin on this game is not high enough to justify a person's efforts, and Amazon.com has a pre-approved seller list for this game.

Justifyable profit margins...in theory even a 5 dollar mark up is worthwhile to a frugal gamer as they can use that $5 to get a new game many places. You're right though that it takes a LOT of effort to sell these games (people forget that the box is 28" long...With the one I got from Dave and Busters, I had to cut a HUGE Ikea box that my bookcase came in (64") in half and it fit PERFECTLY. Luckily I guess people ordering from New Egg will already have a box that fits it...but I didn't have that luxury since I won it at the D&B restaurant game area ^_^

[quote name='goomba478']Justifyable profit margins...in theory even a 5 dollar mark up is worthwhile to a frugal gamer as they can use that $5 to get a new game many places. You're right though that it takes a LOT of effort to sell these games (people forget that the box is 28" long...With the one I got from Dave and Busters, I had to cut a HUGE Ikea box that my bookcase came in (64") in half and it fit PERFECTLY. Luckily I guess people ordering from New Egg will already have a box that fits it...but I didn't have that luxury since I won it at the D&B restaurant game area ^_^[/QUOTE]

A $5 markup is garbage for an individual, unless, he can sell in bulk (which would indicate he has the resources to efficiently work). A $5 markup for an individual would be OK if I didn't account for dealing with possible non-paying bidders, time taken out to get to the post office, gas money, underestimation of fees (and usually poor estimations of shipping costs), lack of experience dealing with unhappy customers in the event of a lost or damaged product and opportunity cost. Unfortunately, most people are not well-educated in personal finance to be able to properly calculate for these and other variables.

The only people who can truly profit from this "investment" would be resellers with greater resources than a random dumbass with $850 burning in his wallet.

OOS... yeah, I see that now.. don't know why it's going IN and OUT of stock. Odd. Might be worthwhile to monitor. Anyone get one?

s701

I see someone posted this deal on SD.. people are odering qty 5, qty 11... geez. No wonder why it's going fast.

s701

Posted on ign on 12/6/07

Fix Coming For Wii's Guitar Hero III Mono Problem

December 6, 2007 - When Guitar Hero III was released for the Nintendo Wii on Oct. 28, would-be rockers got a bit of a shock when they plugged in. It turned out the game - advertised as being in stereo and supporting the Dolby Pro Logic II surround-sound standard - was outputting in mono.

Gamers began posting on IGN and other sites the day the game launched, citing examples of the problem and asking for clarification from publisher Activision/Red Octane. For the past few weeks, Activision has remained mostly silent on the issue. But today, in response to our questions about the issue, the company told IGN it is working on the problem and it plans to have a fix available early next year.

...read more on ign

s701

well, i just got 3 emails telling me my order has been cancelled and i checked on the site and sure enough, VOID.

bummer, oh well.

I have ordered the Xbox 360 version from Newegg. I figure that for the price difference I will have more downloadable content and true online play, not mentioning GHII compatability and 5.1 surround sound & HDTV resolution. I know, I know, the resolution should not matter for this sort of game, but believe me, on 56'' TV it gets sometimes very painful to play Wii games right after Xbox 360 or PS3. As much as I enjoy Wii, only Resident Evil truly does not bother me from the picture quality. The rest (MP3, MSG, Zelda) do look dated after extensive sessions of Drake or Mass Effect.

Thanks for the post as I was looking for this game for more then a month with no stock in all stores around here. And to get to pay no tax plus get free 3-day shipment was nice too!

...P.S. Spoke too soon. Newegg just sent an Email stating that my order was voided due to out-of-stock for the game. Well, back to playing Boom Boom Rocket.

bread's done
Back