(In stock May 28th) OOP Rune Factory 3 (DS) - $39.90 FSSS @ Amazon

zenosparadox

CAGiversary!
This game has gotten pretty rare, and new copies were going to cost you around $100 or more. The seller MOST_WANTED put up some new, cheap copies!

amazon.com/gp/product/B003UI518U/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

The difference is shipping is free on eBay. Sorry, cannot post links yet. :(

EDIT: eBay link not working. Just search "Rune Factory 3" and find the $34.90 price listing.

EDIT 2: Rune Factory 2 is $34.90 on Amazon (after shipping) and $29.90 on eBay from the same seller.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scottman']Not really interested, but I'm betting this is signs of a reprint too.[/QUOTE]

I cannot find any news suggesting there is a reprint coming.

[quote name='scottman']Not really interested, but I'm betting this is signs of a reprint too.[/QUOTE]

Or, worse yet, an empty cartridge with "Roon Fakteree Too" scribbled in felt tip marker... lol
lol.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They're back in stock (currently has 198). Rune Factory 1 & 2 are also in stock.

I hope these are legit, I need 1 & 3. But I've received multiple counterfiets (though they were well done) and re-seals from Most Wanted in the past, on both Amazon and eBay.

I think this is a sign that the games are being reprinted. This isn't the first time I've seen Most Wanted dump a huge number of games and then that game subsequently gets a reprint.

Thanks OP. I picked up Rune Factory 2 to complete my collection. What kills me is that I did have this game prior but traded it in to Best Buy as the game was cheap everywhere. I remember seeing this game at Costco too for cheap, but left it behind then (they had a varied selection of DS game a few years ago around Christmas). Lesson learned ;)

[quote name='Vinny']I hope these are legit, I need 1 & 3. But I've received multiple counterfiets (though they were well done) and re-seals from Most Wanted in the past, on both Amazon and eBay.[/QUOTE]yeah, i'm always weary of purchasing any new games from them or any other similar big game seller on amazon to be honest. it's actually prevented me from making a couple purchases recently.

[quote name='NiiNJA']yeah, i'm always weary of purchasing any new games from them or any other similar big game seller on amazon to be honest. it's actually prevented me from making a couple purchases recently.[/QUOTE]

What were the giveaways that your copies were re-sealed or counterfeits?

[quote name='Vinny'] I hope these are legit, I need 1 & 3. But I've received multiple counterfiets (though they were well done) and re-seals from Most Wanted in the past, on both Amazon and eBay. [/QUOTE]

How can you tell if they are resealed?

[quote name='SMBScooby']Who knows if they are legit. If you buy it you don't want to open it and you don't know if there is a game inside or not.[/QUOTE]
Metal detector or watching the x-ray monitor as they run the game through at an TSA airport security point. I guess a security tag with a metal strip might throw off metal detector on false positives.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Natsume posted on their twitter that these aren't reprints. Don't know why the seller has so many.[/QUOTE]

Well, if that's not a warning sign, I don't know what is.

[quote name='SMBScooby']Who knows if they are legit. If you buy it you don't want to open it and you don't know if there is a game inside or not.[/QUOTE]

you don't have to open it to see if there's a game inside.. you can always weigh it and compare. Although resealed games are usually easy to spot without opening.

i've bought games for a few years and i've placed hundreds of orders with "Most Wanted" on amazon and i've never had a bad experience of a resealed game with them. I've had many bad experience with other sellers trying to reseal used games but never with Most Wanted. I always pick them if it's between other amazon sellers.

There is a first time for everything though, I bought a few, so we'll see what happens.

I'm surprised Vinny has reported that he received bootleg merchandise from Most Wanted... They have an extremely good track record on Amazon.

received my copies today.. all y-fold seals but the plastic wrap is a little loose.. not sure if that means anything bad or not.

i'm not going to open mine but if anyone opens theirs let us know if it looks used

Maybe they got these games from some sort of wholesale distributor trying to liquidate in the same fashion that Ross gets there stuff. I've always wondered how some of these online sellers are able to sell the games the way they do.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']received my copies today.. all y-fold seals but the plastic wrap is a little loose.. not sure if that means anything bad or not.

i'm not going to open mine but if anyone opens theirs let us know if it looks used[/QUOTE]

Loose copies can often mean re-sealed copies but given the scale they're selling these in (they've sold hundreds of copy of each on here and eBay), these are probably legit but poorly done.

I'll be getting mine today and will check... I have a legit copy of Rune Factory 2 that I can compare them to.

[quote name='Vinny']Loose copies can often mean re-sealed copies but given the scale they're selling these in (they've sold hundreds of copy of each on here and eBay), these are probably legit but poorly done.

I'll be getting mine today and will check... I have a legit copy of Rune Factory 2 that I can compare them to.[/QUOTE]

Let us know - I know I'm skeptical but hopeful.

[quote name='Vinny']Loose copies can often mean re-sealed copies but given the scale they're selling these in (they've sold hundreds of copy of each on here and eBay), these are probably legit but poorly done.

I'll be getting mine today and will check... I have a legit copy of Rune Factory 2 that I can compare them to.[/QUOTE]

Did you really receive bootlegs from them before? :hot:

[quote name='SaraAB']Rune factory 4 is coming out in a short while, I see no reason to spend $40 on this.[/QUOTE]

Me either though 3 and 2 were decent games....I think they will just be too similar kind of like buying up the old Etrian Odyssey games (Though I did quite like 3 and 2 though they're very similar games).

[quote name='Rozz']Did you really receive bootlegs from them before? :hot:[/QUOTE]

Yes. I received a bootleg Digimon World DS and Etrian Odyssey from them (this was long before the reprint). They replaced Etrian Odyssey with a legit one but it turned out that all of their Digimon World DS were bootlegs so they just refunded me.

I also received a re-sealed Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations (again, long before the reprint), which is heat-seam sealed but the plastic on the item was much thicker and wrapped very tightly (no wrinkles). In fact, I still have a pic of this issue. In this pic are all the DS PH games... I bet you can pick out which one is the re-seal.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/Trade pics/pw3.jpg

I got all three in just a bit ago from Most Wanted (RF3 from Amazon, 1 & 2 from eBay) and these are most likely legit.

picture.php

The one on the left is my old copy directly from Amazon and one on the right is my new copy of RF2 from Most Wanted. The only differences are the fold pattern (old copy had the rear flap in first, new copy has the front flap in first) and the sealing process, which is why the glare on the two copies look different (notice the glare is smooth whereas it's very scattered in the new copy). It's highly unlikely that these are fakes, and if they are, they're very good fakes.

[quote name='Vinny']I got all three in just a bit ago from Most Wanted (RF3 from Amazon, 1 & 2 from eBay) and these are most likely legit.[/QUOTE]

I got RF 2 & 3 from eBay, and they are just like your new copy.

i still don't know if i trust them, the seal feels too lose to me. It's suspicious they have so many of a game that has been sold out for awhile

[quote name='Vinny']I got all three in just a bit ago from Most Wanted (RF3 from Amazon, 1 & 2 from eBay) and these are most likely legit.

picture.php

The one on the left is my old copy directly from Amazon and one on the right is my new copy of RF2 from Most Wanted. The only differences are the fold pattern (old copy had the rear flap in first, new copy has the front flap in first) and the sealing process, which is why the glare on the two copies look different (notice the glare is smooth whereas it's very scattered in the new copy). It's highly unlikely that these are fakes, and if they are, they're very good fakes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post. I know you're a big collector, and your opinion really helps!

[quote name='jrr6415sun']i still don't know if i trust them, the seal feels too lose to me. It's suspicious they have so many of a game that has been sold out for awhile[/QUOTE]

It does not happen all the time, but I have seen long OOP items come back on Amazon through 3rd parties.

Example: I have been a big collector of the Criterion Collection DVDs and Blu-rays. They have a series of DVD sets released under the name Eclipse. Their set #6 had been OOP for many years (fetching prices $150+) when all of a sudden a new stock came in on Amazon. Bought 3 of them. They must have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for a couple years.

It is rare but not unheard of.

bread's done
Back