(In-Store)$33 Aliens Colonial Marines(PS3/X360) @ Target ends 6/8

The 360 version used is $10 at gamefly right now. The is my price for a pretty lackluster game.

EDIT: WAS available at gamefly for $10

Agreed! $33??? What a joke? I wouldn't even support this game if it were marked down to $5 eventually. Because that would be saying that it is alright for gaming companies coming out and posting Youtube videos of the quality of the game that was completely false and not representative of the final product. It was a shitty move that Randy Pitchford scumbag. Very bad form, Pitchf*c*. Very bad form!

You can get the collector's edition of this game from Amazon Warehouse deals for $29. Granted they have them in stock there.

[quote name='themidnighter23']the game is worth $5[/QUOTE]

I actually disagree. Everything I've heard suggests this isn't a game that's even worth your time, let alone the price. Your time has a value too, right?

I felt bad selling 2 copies at release at full price. Gotta keep my job though . . . just had to tell myself maybe they're diehard Aliens fans so desperate they actually enjoyed it.

Same with The Walking Dead Survival Instinct, which has sold like 5 times more copies.

Meanwhile, we've only sold like a half-dozen copies of Bioshock Infinite, and only moved about 2 copies altogether of Metal Gear Rising.

I wholly regret paying $10 for this from Gamefly. I put maybe an hour and a half into it before wanting to kill myself.

The jumping sound effects were mildly entertaining though.

This game is actually not that bad. The Star Trek game is much worse. If you're an aliens fan this game does bring some enjoyment to the table.

[quote name='Investor']Agreed! $33??? What a joke? I wouldn't even support this game if it were marked down to $5 eventually. Because that would be saying that it is alright for gaming companies coming out and posting Youtube videos of the quality of the game that was completely false and not representative of the final product. It was a shitty move that Randy Pitchford scumbag. Very bad form, Pitchf*c*. Very bad form![/QUOTE]

Support? LOL this is CAG where the industry isn't supported period. Doesn't matter how great a game is because we will wait until its clearanced to $10 before buying a copy. You're in the wrong place preaching about support.

As for the game it's actually quite fun if you don't go in expecting a masterpiece. And for the whining about a little texture and lighting changes there's a full four player co-op mode that takes you through the entire campaign as well as multiplayer. There's a lot of game here even if its not AAA perfect.

[quote name='Rohsiph']Meanwhile, we've only sold like a half-dozen copies of Bioshock Infinite, and only moved about 2 copies altogether of Metal Gear Rising.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty sad. :/

I beat my gamefly copy, it's bearable in local coop.

Buy it from GF beat it and sell it while all TiVs are higher than $10 and eBay prices are still at around $25.

[quote name='thegame85']This game will be Gameflys next Duke Nukem. I may bite at $5.99.[/QUOTE]

It'll bite back and cost you more than that in antacids to calm all the stomach churning disgust.

I did play through the entire campaign, but I got the game from the library and it didn't cost me a cent. That's the way to play a crappy disappointment.

I am trying to play through Duke Nukem now, and I'm considering rehab for myself.

[quote name='shajek']It'll bite back and cost you more than that in antacids to calm all the stomach churning disgust.

I did play through the entire campaign, but I got the game from the library and it didn't cost me a cent. That's the way to play a crappy disappointment.

I am trying to play through Duke Nukem now, and I'm considering rehab for myself.[/QUOTE]
What library gives free games?

[quote name='ultramanJ']Support? LOL this is CAG where the industry isn't supported period. Doesn't matter how great a game is because we will wait until its clearanced to $10 before buying a copy. You're in the wrong place preaching about support.
[/QUOTE]

I disagree. You may have missed the various preorder threads where many of us indicate that we're buying games on day one. You may have also missed the Steam, XBLA, and PSN threads, where many of us talk about making purchases that are obviously supporting the industry. Very few threads on CAG are about clearance purchases, and very few are about buying used specifically, either.

Are we all playing on clearanced or second-hand consoles, too? Because I'm pretty sure buying systems supports the industry.

[quote name='shajek']
I am trying to play through Duke Nukem now, and I'm considering rehab for myself.[/QUOTE]

Ah, Duke... By modern-day AAA standards yeah, it was pretty bad, but I went in expecting a throwback to the FPS era of 10 years ago, and I got some fun out of it. I suspect A:CM would be similarly enjoyable, provided you don't go in expecting too much. (Although those damn trailers made sure pretty much everyone did.)

[quote name='Brash_Attack']I wholly regret paying $10 for this from Gamefly. [/QUOTE]

amazon is currently giving $13.35 in trade in value for the xbox version, so you still have a chance to make something out of it.

[quote name='K_G']amazon is currently giving $13.35 in trade in value for the xbox version, so you still have a chance to make something out of it.[/QUOTE]
or eBay.

You are quite literally the only person I’ve met online defending this game as anything but utter sewage.

And let’s dispense with the entire “Less than AAA” angle because by all accounts this game is horrible by any metric and that dearth of quality is compounded by the fact that this abortion is predicated upon an IP that should have delivered a fantastic experience and instead squandered a unique opportunity.

To be fair, I haven’t played the game but then again Gearbox didn’t make a demo available to alleviate concerns or counter the critical drubbing this game has received in the press.

They seem more ashamed than anyone.

I thought Aliens: Colonial Marines was pretty OK. I liked what was there, but it's pretty broken. I tried about 5 times to revive somebody and it didn't work. All the "Hold X to _____" are incredibly broken (revives, switches, etc.). I am however a big Aliens fan, and haven't played the campaign yet (only multiplayer). I would however stuff my face in an oven if I payed more than $10 for it.

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']this game is horrible by any metric[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']
To be fair, I haven’t played the game.[/QUOTE]

The amount of this on the web is staggering when it comes to this game. It's really not at a level that deserves that kind of bashing. This isn't Big Rigs we're talking about, although youtube tries to portray it that way. It's an adequate shooter with some rough edges unless you went in with high expectations.

[quote name='strait edge follower']this and survival instinct literally made me stuff my face in a oven. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='rpmboy'] I would however stuff my face in an oven if I payed more than $10 for it.[/QUOTE]

Alot of oven stuffin' in this thread.

bread's done
Back